chapter four

Memo

 

 

 

"Say something." Mino voiced as Seungyoon entered the room that evening. It had been a few days now since they had last spoken to each other and Mino would have been lying if he said that he wasn't bothered by it.

 

 They were best friends, and all friends had their fallouts eventually but they usually made up afterwards. Right?

 

"What do you want me to say? Hello? Good evening? Is your girlfriend going to make it?" Seungyoon asked angrily. 

 

Mino frowned, "Sure say anything, I'm not going to be bothered by it." He muttered. 

 

"I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not." Seungyoon replied before walking to his bed. Mino watched him sit down on top of it before he averted his gaze back to ceiling. 

 

"Did you have fun?" He asked. 

 

"Yeah. I guess I did. Jinu got drunk for the first time since back then..." 

 

"Really? He swore he'd never touch a bottle of soju again." 

 

Seungyoon shrugged, " happens." 

 

The room fell silent before Mino realized that Seungyoon had fallen asleep. He decided to sleep as well, hoping that tomorrow would bring something new. 

 

The next day came and His alarm clock went off right on cue. Mino opened his eyes and turned it off before sitting up on his bed. It was 9am Seungyoon was still asleep which didn't surprise him. 

 

Mino got out of bed and took a long hot showered before getting dressed and going for a walk. His hands where in his 

 pockets as casually made his way into town. 

 

He reached he cafe and walked inside. He took a seat at the counter and ordered the usual. Lisa approached him with a frown.

 

"Don't you miss her?" She suddenly asked. 

 

Mino didn't reply. He couldn't because he infact  did miss Jisoo. But there was nothing he could do. He didn't want to go visit her at he hospital because that would only make him feel worse. For some reason he felt like it was his fault that she got her. If only he could have saved her. 

 

"Enjoy your coffee." Lisa said before leaving.

 

Mino picked up the cup and drink his coffee in silence. He didn't stay at the cafe long after he finished. He couldn't, not without being reminded of Jisoo. 

 

He left and returned to his apartment moments later. 

 

Seungyoon was in the shower so he didn't bother talking to him. He went to their shared room and laid down. He'd go back to class the next day. 

 

He couldn't wait to graduate. 

 

The mere thought of leaving Seoul and never coming back almost excited him. 

 

He could see now, why Taehyun left. He was miserable. 

 

Everyday at the same time it was the same thing and quite frankly he was getting tired of it. 

 

"Hey." Seungyoon walked into the room and went straight to the closet. He was only wearing a towel before he let it fall to the floor and put on some boxers followed by jeans and a t-shirt. 

 

"Where are you going?" Mino asked him.

 

"Out." Seungyoon replied. 

 

"Is there something I should know?" Mino arched an eyebrow. He could tell that something was off with his friend lately but he couldn't force it out of him.

 

"There's nothing, I'm just going to hang out with my other friends. That's all." Seungyoon said before leaving. 

 

Mino didn't question further he just watched the boy walk out the door.  He laid in bed for awhile. He just lay there not thinking about anything. Then he fell asleep. 

 

 

The next few days passed quickly, Mino was walking the halls of his school in search of someone. 

 

Soori. 

 

"Hey kid." He approached the girl. 

 

"M-Mino sshi hi." She blushed. 

 

"You visited Jisoo right?"

 

"N-Neh." 

 

"How is she?"

 

"Nothing's changed but she's okay. She's alive." 

 

"Oh.." Mino was glad that Jisoo was alright but he knew that things weren't looking any better for her. She was still stuck in her vegetable state. 

 

Mino was about to speak again but that's when Oh Sehun appeared. He walked towards Mino with a frown.

 

"Hey aren't you going to apologize for what you did to me!?" He asked angrily. 

 

"No you deserved it. Jisoo got hurt and I think it's your fault." 

 

"I didn't lay a finger on her. I dropped her off near her house and that's all. Nothing happened!" Sehun spat. 

 

"I'm having a hard time believing that for some reason." Mino retorted.

 

"That's too bad because I'm telling the truth." 

 

"We'll see about that." 

 

"Next time you lay a hand on me I'm pressing charges." Sehun said and walked away.

 

Mino sighed, "What a wuss." 

 

"Do you really think Sehun hurt Jisoo?" Soori asked.

 

"He's my number one suspect at the moment." Mino said before he walked to his class.

 

"I'll catch you later!" Soori said before running away.

 

Mino walked into his class before sitting down at his desk. He barely paid attention to the teacher as they taught. He just couldn't take his mind off of Jisoo. 

 

Maybe he cared about her more than he thought he had. Or maybe he just couldn't stand that the fact that someone had gotten away with hurting her. 

 

She didn't deserve to be lying in a hospital bed. She should have been there at school    preparing for the future because she still had a future didn't she? 

 

Mino cleared his thoughts and finally focused on the lecture being taught. He had a future as well and he would make sure he'd see it.

 

 

Class ended and Mino gathered his things before leaving. He walked down the hall and saw Soori approaching. 

 

"Oppa I'm glad I caught up with you." She said. 

 

"Why? Is there something you want to tell me?"

 

"Yes, it's Jisoo. She woke up from her coma a couple of hours ago. She's going to talk to the police about what happened. She can probably tell us who attacked her." Soori said happily. 

 

Mino clutched his bag strap. Jisoo was awake. She was going to be alright after all. He couldn't believe it but he was glad. 

 

"They are allowing visitors. Do you want to see her?" Soori asked.

 

"Maybe some other time. I have to get home." Mino walked past her and out of the building. He made it back to his apartment and walked inside. 

 

Seungyoon wasn't home. 

 

Mino went into his room and got into bed. He didn't know why but he started crying afterwards. Jisoo was okay. She was really okay. He couldn't stop crying. 

 

It terrified him that he was so afraid of losing someone he barely knew. But he didn't want to lose Jisoo. Not when he had come to like her so much. 

 

She made him realize that he was still human and that he had emotions. He hadn't felt that way in a while. 

 

 

Until he met Jisoo had been an empty shell but now he felt like he had a purpose.  

 

And he would never forget that.