Piece #2

EunXiao Collection

Instead of paying attention to Juyeon’s explanation on the Korean language, Xiao studies her face — her eyelashes, her high nose bridge, her luscious lips. Xiao had unconsciously parted her lips as she was observing Juyeon’s delicate features, her eyes lingering the longest on her lips.

 

As Juyeon continues explaining, she turns to look at Xiao, noticing that the latter had been staring at her. Losing the ability to speak, all she could do was stare into her eyes, a light shade of red painting her cheeks. Her gaze trailed to her lips; she wanted nothing more than to kiss her right now.

 

The silence was deafening though neither of the two girls minded it. They were too absorbed in each other, both wanting to take that one step further but neither making the move.

 

The ringing of Xiao’s phone broke the tension between them, both getting startled by the sudden noise. Clearing , Xiao answered her phone while Juyeon looked down at her fingers, fiddling with them and unable to look at Xiao. A gentle touch on her arm made her jump in her seat, prompting her to unconsciously make eye contact with the cause of her racing heartbeat and shallow breaths.

 

Xiao apologetically announces that she had to leave as the clock was about to strike midnight. The call had come from her worried roommate. Juyeon knows that she has to make a move tonight while she’s feeling confident so she asks her to stay the night. Taken aback, Xiao could only stare at her with a hopeful Juyeon returning her gaze, her heart fluttering at the sight. She cracks a soft smile, taking little steps forward until she’s within Juyeon’s reach. She replies with a vague answer, dragging her sentence out as if to tease the anticipating girl.

 

Juyeon’s reaction was just as she had expected — furrowed eyebrows and pouting lips. She giggled; it strangely amused her. Putting an end to Juyeon’s misery, she wrapped her arms around her waist, pulling her in for a hug as she accepted the offer. Juyeon could’ve sworn that she had ascended to heaven right there and then.

 

-----

 

It was a no brainer that the two were going to share the same bed. Xiao is fast asleep, her arms hung loosely around Juyeon’s waist. She had drifted off to sleep before Juyeon even had the chance to make her move. She wonders how Xiao was able to doze off in such a situation. Here she was, butterflies in her stomach keeping her from falling asleep while Xiao was… There. Right in front of her. The lack of space between them was tempting her. Her eyes were locked on Xiao’s lips. She was too lost in her fantasy that she was unaware of the fact that she had woken up from her slumber.

 

Xiao wasn’t oblivious to the atmosphere around them ever since the tension that had ensued from their study session. She glanced at Juyeon’s parted lips before bringing her gaze back up to her longing eyes. “What are you waiting for?” she whispered, a finger tracing unreadable patterns on Juyeon’s back. Unfazed by the sudden question from the girl she had thought was still asleep, Juyeon didn’t waste any time closing the distance between them, ending the uncertainty and the tension that had been hindering the new phase of their relationship.