Wreck in Dunstad Grove

Oblivion

"You know... boats were made to travel on water, not on land."

"Yes, I know that you moron!"

"Then why did you make it go on land?"

"You know, I can't deal with this amount sarcasm right now. I'm busy thinking of what I want to be written down on my inheritance letter before the chief comes out and kills me."

"Ooo inheritance, am I-"

"What makes you think you are getting anything from me, Lisa?"

"How rude, all those times I stayed up keeping you company during night watch meant nothing to you?"

"By all those times, do you mean that one-time Jisoo accidentally locked the door to your shared room before she went to sleep, forcing you to stay above deck with the only other person awake on the entire ship... which was me."

"Ummm no?"

BANG!

A wooden door leading into the main levels of the vessel burst open causing the two bickering sailors to turn a ghostly pale and stop talking. A fuming dark brunette stomped over to the two women who's heads were cast down. "Lisa! Rosé! Which one of you two bastards just beached my ship!" The brunette's fists were clenched in anger as she waited for one of the two women to answer her question. "If neither of you start talking, I'll have you both tied to the mast that is used for archery and knife throwing practice!"

"It was Rosé, she wasn't paying attention and crashed the ship-oh wow look at the time, I promised Jisoo I would help her organize the storage room, I better get going." Lisa attempted to escape, but Rosé grabbed the collar of her shirt pulling the girl back.

"I wasn't paying attention? More like I was trying to stop you from lighting a bottle of frostbite venom on fire!" Lisa tried not to smirk as Rosé held her up by the collar of her shirt.

"Alright alright, That's enough Rosé!" The two sailors were pulled apart and lead over to the railing on the side of the boat where the angry brunette held them over the cold ocean water. "You two will go and see what kind of damage you did to my ship and then get to work on fixing it, understood?" Both girls held onto the arms of the woman holding them off the side of the vessel.

"Yes chief!" they said simultaneously. The chief smiled then released her hold on the sailors, watching them fall into the shallow waters below.

 

~ ~ ~

 

"," Sana grunted, dropping the parchment out of her hands onto the pile of contracts and bounties on the wooden table. The other woman across the table looked up from her own pile of papers, worrying about the girl, but remained quiet.

Wrecking the Icerunner was not something the crew of bandits was expecting on their way to the city of Solitude, but of course, something like this had to happen. Sana and her crew had been plagued with a string of bad luck; their attempts at robbing caravans have almost all been thwarted by city guards or vigilantes trying to make a name for themselves.

"Sana, you alright?" Jennie, Sana's favorite crew member, asked from her seat on the other side of the desk.

The bandit chief looked at the woman across her and pointed at the stack of papers in front of her, "No, I don't know how I am going to afford to fix the Icerunner and to pay my crew without selling everything on this damn boat," Sana ranted then slumped her head into her hands with a grand sigh.

"Maybe we could set up a camp on the shore, try to seal a few coin purses from travelers," Jennie set down her stack of papers and leaned back in her chair.

"How many people do you think are traveling from Dawnstar to Solitude? We would have better luck finding gold by digging in the snow."

"It's at least somewhere we can start."

Sana looked up from her hands and nodded, "you know, you're the most competent crew member I have, that's why you are my favorite."

"That's the reason?"

"That, and the fact that your good with your hands," Sana winked at a blushing Jennie then stood up and walked over to her wardrobe, pulling on her iron armor and grabbing her steel sword. "Tell Jisoo were setting up an ambush and to meet us on the shore, I'll go get the ship wreckers."

 

~~~

 

The bandits had waited for a total of thirty minutes after setting up their ambush before a group of four women came walking down the snow covered road. Maybe luck was on their side now.

"That was quick" Jennie whispered into Sana's ear, the two women were hidden behind a large rock just off the side of the road while Jisoo and Rosé were stationed on the other side of the road by a fallen tree. Lisa was on the hill behind Sana and Jennie, an arrow already nocked and ready to shoot on Sana's signal.

Sana raised her right hand just high enough that she was sure Lisa could see it and waited for the perfect moment to let the archer fire. She stayed like that, hand raised, until the group of four was in-between the fallen tree and the large rock. Sana closed her hand into a fist, signaling for Lisa to attack the group. But the arrow was long and flew in front of the group. Looks like they were still on their bad luck streak.

The group of well-dressed women, now alerted of an enemy presence, stood back to back. Three of the four had cast spells, engulfing their hands in flames and sparks of electricity while the other unsheathed a dagger from her green cloak.

Another arrow whizzed by over the rock but was shot out of the sky by a fireball. Jisoo and Rosé leaped over their tree, swords drawn and charged into battle. Lisa continued firing arrow after arrow at the group but they either dodged or burned or froze all of them before they could cause any damage.

Drawing her sword, Sana stood and emerged from behind her rock, running towards the group with Jennie right behind her. Sana swung her sword at the woman with the dagger and the two blades cashed together. She was stronger then the small woman, her swing had unbalanced her opponent, but she was not quite as fast.

The two traded swings, one not giving the other any form of leverage; Sana's powerful blows were difficult to defend against with a smaller blade but the woman was agile getting in a few scrapes here and there. After a hard swing that unbalanced the woman, Sana raised her foot and kicked the girl in her stomach, knocking her down into the snow.

Using this to her advantage, Sana spun her sword around in her hands and was about to plunge the blade into the woman on the ground but was stopped by a cold feeling spreading throughout her torso. One of the three mages fighting Jisoo, Lisa, Jennie, and Rosé had come up behind Sana and cast an ice form spell, freezing her body in place. All that remained unfrozen was Sana's head and her arms raised above her head.

"."

 

~~~

 

After Sana was frozen, Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa were tied up against the fallen tree. Embarrassed by how easily they were defeated, all five of the bandits refused to look at their captors. "Alright. who is the leader of your little group?" A mage wearing a blue cloak questioned the bandits.

"I'd raise my hand but they are both already in the air," Sarcasm dripped from Sana's voice, "And how dare you! We are not some little group, we are the Bandits of the Icerunner!" Sana proudly lifted her gaze to meet the mage in front of her.

"I'm assuming that is the name of your boat," another mage, this one wearing a yellow cloak, had stepped forward giving the five a quick once over, "or more like was judging by that ship beached out by the shore." Both Lisa and Rosé looked up at Sana from their tree only to have the chief shoot daggers back at them. "we're taking you to Solitude so you can pay for your crimes then. Bandit Chief of the Icerunner."

The woman who fought with the dagger stepped forward, "Yeah, and we'll leave a knife for the other four so they can try and cut themselves loose before the wolves get to them." The woman bent over and pulled a small knife out of her boot.

"What? Dahyun no," The yellow cloak mage grabbed the knife out of Dahyun's hand, "we are not 'leaving them for the wolves'." She raised her hand and created a glowing purple orb. closing her hand around the orb and mumbling a few words, a glowing blue figure appeared out of thin air and turned to face the mage. "Go back to Dawnstar and tell the authorities about a group of bandits tied to a tree West of the town." The ethereal figure bowed then took off running in the direction the four women had come from.

"Thank you, Mina, Seulgi if could help out our chief here,"

The mage in a red cloak, Sana assumed this was Seulgi, stepped forward and began casting runes on Sana's ice block, melting the ice and freeing Sana. "I trust you are smart enough to know that fighting back against us would be useless," Seulgi told Sana as the group of four turned five started heading along the road towards the City of Solitude again. All Sana could do was follow the women.