Answers

Cursed love

“We can’t take my car.” said Yuju as they left the university. “They will find us and follow us easily.”

 

Yerin nodded. “You’re right, but we have to go to another city, we need a car…” she said looking around like a miracle would happen.

 

Sinb stopped them. “I know someone that can… maybe lend us a car.” she said looking at Yerin in the eyes. “But she will not be happy to see me…”

 

Yerin frowned. “Eunha?” Sinb nodded, Yuju was looking at them but didn’t know what was happening. “She’s in town now?”

 

“Yeah, she came here some months after the incident to continue her studies.” explained Sinb. “She’s the only one I trust…”

 

As they walked in the streets, being careful to not get caught or followed, Yuju came closer to Yerin. “Who’s Eunha?” she asked the girl and Yerin waited for Sinb to nod at her before telling Yuju more information about her.

 

“She’s Sinb’s sister.” said Yerin. Yuju frowned, she put her hand on Yerin’s arm.

 

“So she’s a wolf too?” asked Yuju confused and scared to be around another wolf.

 

Yerin shook her head and smiled. “It’s her adoptive sister.” cleared Yerin.

 

Sinb looked at Yerin. “You can tell her the full story…” said Sinb. “She’s one of us.”

 

Yerin nodded and looked at Yuju. “Sinb got adopted by Eunha’s parent when she was three. Because Sinb’s house was set on fire and luckily for her, the neighbor saved the baby girl in extremis. The doctor said it was a miracle she made it alive.” explained Yerin remembering perfectly the sad story Sinb told her when they were younger. Yerin knew Sinb wouldn’t tell this story to someone she didn’t trust, and it made her happy to see that Sinb was kind of trusting Yuju with this part of her life. She hoped Yuju would trust her too.

 

“Who would do that?” asked Yuju frowning. “Set a house on fire with a family inside, it’s horrible…”

 

Sinb turned around and looked at Yuju. “The police never find out the culprit. Everybody started to forgot about it and the case got closed. But now that I know what I am, what one of my parents was, I think some hunters wanted us dead…” said Sinb looking at Yuju, her eyes turned orange and Yuju shivered. Yerin put her hand on Sinb’s shoulder and the wolf girl calmed down. “I wish I could find out the one that killed my parents.” confessed Sinb and Yuju looked down. Sinb put her hand under Yuju’s chin and made the girl look at her. “I don’t hate you Yuju, I know you don’t want to hurt me, I can feel it.” said Sinb wanting to reassure Yuju who slowly nodded.

 

“I think we find her house.” cut Yerin stopping in front of a door.

 

Sinb looked at the number above the door and nodded, it was Eunha’s address. Sinb walked closer and pressed the bell button. They heard voices and suddenly the door opened. A short brunette was standing in front of them with a shocked face.

 

“Sinb?” asked Eunha frowning. “What are you doing here?” she asked before looking behind her sister and seeing the two girls there. “What is this?” she asked and again eyeing Sinb with a scared but worried look.

 

Sinb her lips and hesitated. “I need your help Eunha, it’s very important.”

 

Eunha stared at her in silence. “Why should I help you?” asked Eunha with a defensive tone.

 

Sinb nodded. “You don’t have to but you’re the only person in this town I trust and I-”

 

Eunha shook her head. “You trust me?” she cut Sinb who nodded at her sincerely. “It’s funny because I can’t trust you anymore and you perfectly know why!” explained Eunha getting a little mad at her adoptive sister.

 

Sinb signed and looked down. “I changed…” she confessed. “I control myself now…” she said still feeling guilty for hurting Eunha before. “I will never forgive myself for what I did to you and I understand you don’t trust me.” said Sinb but before she could continue Eunha sighed.

 

“Why are you in front of my door if you understand?” asked Eunha honestly. “I don’t want to see you Sinb.”

 

Sinb nodded. “You won’t see me ever again, but right now, my friend and I really need a car and I hope you let us borrow yours…”

 

“My car?” asked Eunha confused. “You’re here just for my car?” she insisted and Sinb nodded. “It’s a joke right? Just go ask your friends or someone one else and don’t show up in my life ever again.” said Eunha coldly.

 

Sinb bit her lips. “You know I don’t have any friends Eunha! I’m a monster!” said Sinb angry and Yerin took a step closer to Sinb and put her hand on her shoulder. Feeling this reassuring touch, Sinb calmed down. “I’m so sorry for what I did to you, but all the apologize won’t ever take away how I hurt you and I can’t go back in time.” explained Sinb. “Because of what I am, people are after us.” she said. “Our lives are in danger Eunha, don’t let Yerin and Yuju pay for my mistakes...”

 

Eunha looked at Yerin. “I knew your face seemed familiar.” said Eunha looking at Yerin. “You were in high school with us?” she asked Yerin who nodded. “You were very good friend with Sinb, I didn’t know she stayed in touch with you.”

 

“She didn’t.” said Yerin with a shy smile. “We just ended up working at the same place.” she explained. “We’re sorry for making you lose your time we won’t bother you more…” said Yerin politely. If Eunha didn’t want to help them they would not force her.

 

Eunha sighed. “Sinb wait.” said the short girl before looking inside. Eunha took her keys and gave them to Sinb. “Be careful. Try to stay alive okay?”

 

Sinb nodded to her and went for a hug, Eunha immediately hugged her back. Sinb had missed her sister so much. “Thank you Eunha. When do you need your car back.”

 

“My roommate can drive me around with her car don’t worry about that.” explained Eunha as someone walked behind her. They all saw a tall girl stand behind Eunha and putting her hand on the short girl’s shoulder.

 

“You okay?” she asked Eunha clearly worried the short girl was still at the door. “Hello.” she added as she saw the three girls in front of the entrance. “Everything alright?” she asked wondering what was happening.

 

“Yeah Sowon it’s okay, It’s Sinb, my sister and her friends, they need my car for some time.” explained Eunha as Sowon nodded and smiled.

 

“I can drive you if you let them have your car.” she offered and Eunha smiled. “You girls wanna come in? We just made some homemade pizza.” smiled Sowon very nicely and Sinb smiled back.

 

“It’s nice but we have to go.” said Sinb and Eunha nodded.

 

“Yeah they are leaving.” said Eunha taking Sowon’s hand in hers and guiding her back in before waving at Sinb. “Be careful.” she whispered before closing the door.

 

The girls took the car and left the town. Yuju was the one driving, Yerin sat on the passenger seat while Sinb sat in the back. The car was nice and smelled good, Sinb smiled as it was smelling Eunha’s perfume all around her. She had missed her sister so much and she was glad Eunha was able to talk to her even after what she did to her.

 

Sinb regretted it so much, she hoped they would find a way to lift the curse, she wished that her wolf side would disappear so she could be normal again.

 

“You okay?” asked Yerin turning her head to look at Sinb who looked up and nodded. “Sure?” insisted Yerin and Sinb frowned.

 

“Yeah, why?” she asked back arching an eyebrow.

 

Yerin giggled. “You’re sniffing the seat.” she told her Sinb finally realised what she was doing before sitting back correctly.

 

“I was just…there was… a smell...” she started trying to find an excuse before sighing. “I miss her.” she just said and Yerin nodded understanding.

 

“Once we will be done with all this mess, I’m sure you can get back on her good side, it’s clear she still care about you.” said Yerin sincerely. “She will forgive you, she just need some time.”

 

Sinb sighed before nodding.

 

Yerin turned around and looked in front, they were out of town now. She looked around but didn’t know where they were, Yuju was following her phone’s gps indicating the place they had to go to.

 

After more than two hours of driving, they finally arrived in the little town, they crossed it and after some minutes of driving out of it, they arrived in front of a big gate, it seemed old and all they could see was vegetation all around.

 

Yuju stopped the car just in front of the gate and they looked around trying to see if someone was here, but they were alone.

 

“Are you sure it’s here?” asked Yuju to Yerin who checked the address Sinb found.

 

“Yeah…”

 

Suddenly the gate unlocked and opened slowly. The three girls jumped in surprise as it was making a loud noise.

 

“Let’s go in.” said Sinb and Yuju drived slowly inside once the gate was fully open, as they were entering the gate closed back behind them but still no one was around to greet them. They arrived in front a the big old house, looking like an mansion, but with grids on the window and a big metal door.

 

Yuju parked beside another car on what seemed to be the parking lot. They got out of the car looking around. Luckily it was the day or this place would be horrific.

 

They all walked to the door and Yerin realised Sinb and her were holding hands. They rang and the door opened. They entered and saw a lady on a desk. They asked to see the man they saw in the book and told the lady they were his little nieces, he was old enough to be their grandfather.

 

The lady eyed them weirdly before pushing a button that opened a grid. Someone else arrived and guided them inside the place.

 

It was huge, all the walls were white, everything was white, the nurses were walking without paying attention to them and many people were yelling and crying. It was clear they were in an asylum.

 

Yerin shivered as she felt Sinb shivering. She looked at the wolf girl and their eyes meet, it was clear neither of them felt good in this place. They finally arrived to a room.

 

“Your uncle is resting, he just took his medicine so he will be sleepy.” informed the nurse before opening the door and letting the girls enter.

 

It was quite dark in the room compared to the corridors. The old man was laying on the bed. They slowly walked closer and jumped when the door behind them closed.

 

The man turned his head to them and smiled at his eyes meet Sinb’s. “You’re like him right?” he asked her and she swallowed hard.

 

“I remember how his eyes would shine when he was feeling something strong.” he added and Yerin took a step in front in a protective way then he looked at her and at Yuju.

 

“You?!” he pointed at them scared now. “You will kill me?” he asked terrified now.

 

“No....” said Yerin. “We are on your side…” she said hoping it would make him relax. “We want to know more about that guy, the one that is like our friend.” she said calmly and the man seemed to relax too.

 

“He was a wolf, I swear he was, I’m not lying.” he said as he took his head in his hand like his head was hurting him.

 

“We believe you.” said Sinb. “Just like me.” she said and he stopped looking up at her.

 

“You’re like him.” he repeated and Yerin sighed. He seemed really crazy, she doubted they would learn anything from him.

 

“How was he?” insisted Sinb and he smiled now.

 

“He was broken and hurt.” he explained and they all listened. “He was my friend, he was trusting me.” he added and the girls nodded. “But they find him… the hunters…” he said clearly scared again now.

 

He sighed and closed his eyes, as he opened them again he was calm. “They wanted to kill him.”

 

“They always want to kill us.” said Sinb lowly and he turned his head to her suddenly.

 

“Yes, but with him even more!” he said looking straight in Sinb eyes. “He had the power to take away their powers! To take away the curse!”

 

Yerin’s heart beat faster. “Really?” she asked hopeful and he nodded.

 

“They were too scared to lose their powers, he could have saved everyone but they killed him too.” said the old man sadly.


 

“Killed him too?” asked Yuju now really wanting to understand what happened.

 

“He was in love, really in love, she was a hunter, they didn’t know, but her family find out and killed her before trying to kill him.” he explained before taking his head in his hands again. “They chased him down, I meet him and tried to help but they found him… they found him… they killed him…” he said before hitting his head backward into his pillow. “They killed him, they killed him, they killed him…” he repeated again and again.

 

Yerin tried to calm him but it was useless, the nurse came back and rushed to him before using a syringe on him he immediately stopped moving and closed his eyes falling asleep.

 

“He had a crisis again…” she said as she took the girls out of the room. “He need a lot of rest.”

 

The girls were a little shocked by what happened and stayed silent while the nurse guided them back to the entrance they left the house and the heavy door closed behind them loudly making them jump again.

 

They hurried to the car and drive away. They stopped in the middle of nowhere, at the first place they saw where they could eat and sleep. All this had exhausted them. The place didn’t look very welcoming but it was a discreet place with nothing around and no one would find them here for sure.