The end

Cursed love

They could rent a room and entered finally feeling safe. Yuju was still a little tense as she was locked in the same room with Sinb. Yerin could feel it but wasn’t sure about what she could do about it, she knew Sinb wouldn’t hurt Yuju but she wasn’t so sure about Yuju, she was trusting the girl but not her hunter side… Yerin remembered how she almost strangled Sinb even with how much she loved her so what if Yuju felt insecure and attacked Sinb during the night… it was her instinct after all.

 

Yerin lay in the middle of the bed while Sinb and Yuju went both on each of her sides. Yerin knew she wouldn’t sleep and keep an eye on the two girls.

 

They didn’t talk about what the guy at the asylum told them but to be honest Yerin hadn’t any clue about what it was all about. She kept repeating herself his words but nothing was making sense.

 

How this wolf could have the power to break the curse, why him? wondered Yerin, he was dead now, they would never have the answers... all of this for nothing, and some hunters were probably still looking for them. Yerin wondered if they could go back in their town one day. She missed her house, her job, her simple life, the life she had before she discovered all this mess.

 

As Yuju and Sinb finally felt asleep Yerin got up slowly not wanting to wake them up, she walked to the little window, they had a view on the parking lot, Eunha’s little car was parked here between two black cars. Yerin frowned she felt like something was wrong. A group of four men started looking at the car and looked up at the place.

 

Yerin shivered as she recognized Yuju’s dad and the other hunters. She ran to the bed and woke the girls up.

 

“They find us!” she said worried. “We have to go! Now! They are on the parking lot.” she said as the girls got up very quickly. Yuju walked to the window to look at them and saw the two black cars, one was her dad’s car for sure.

 

Someone knocked on the door and they all jumped. Sinb ran to the bathroom and opened the tiny window.

 

“Over there!” she said and they all jumped by the little window. They were on the first floor but jumped easily as the stress and adrenaline woke up they magical instinct and abilities.

 

They were behind the hostel now, facing a dense forest and they heard a loud nose, the hunters had broke the door and entered their room.

 

“Run!” said Yerin as they all started running into the forest. By the window one hunter saw them and chased them quickly followed by the others.

 

As Sinb was running she felt something passing quickly beside her ear and ending up in a tree in front of her.

 

A arrow. They were hunting them with arrows.

 

“Watch out!” she said to Yuju as she pushed her a little and an arrow passed between them ending in another tree.

 

Yuju swallowed hard and ran faster. Sinb’s very developed hearing helped her knowing better where the arrow were arriving from and she could try to avoid them. But as they were running they ended up in front of a cliff. Yerin stopped first and took Sinb’s hand stopping her for ending up falling down there.

 

“We’re stuck…” said Yuju looking around her.

 

An arrow arrived fast on Sinb who was looking for an issue. Yerin saw it and jumped in front of her ending up with the arrow hitting her. Piercing her body stopping the arrow who was now planting in Yerin’s stomach.

 

The girl fell on the floor at Sinb’s feet. Her hand going to her stomach and finding blood, lot of blood.

 

“It hurt…” she mumbled as Sinb fell on her knees and got closer to Yerin.

 

“No no no…” she mumbled as she took the girl in her arms and hugged her. “Why you did this…?” she said as she put her hand on Yerin’s wound hoping to stop the bleeding but the arrow was in the way and the girl was losing lot of blood.

 

“Yerin…” whispered Sinb. “I will protect you… she said ready to transform but the hunters were circling them now aiming they bow at them ready to kill them.

 

Yuju help her hands up and fell on her knees too.

 

“I finally find you.” said Yuju’s dad as he walked to his daughter and slapped her on the face. Yuju fell on the floor as the man hit her quite strongly.

 

Yerin had hard time breathing now, and blood was coming to , she coughed and Sinb slowly brushed the blood away from her lips.

 

“Yerin…” she whispered again tears in her eyes. “Don’t leave me…” she said holding her more tightly. “Stay with me…” she whispered to Yerin whose eyes started to close, her body was becoming cold and heavy.

 

Sinb looked at her powerless and shaked the girl. “Stay with me!!” she cried as she got no reaction from Yerin, her head falling back down as she was now looking lifeless.

 

“No!!!” yelled Sinb as more tears came to her eyes. She was looking furious as she looked at the hunters that hurt Yerin.

 

She let go of Yerin and transformed into a wolf before jumping on them, she attacked one violently, blood was everywhere, the others were frozen in shock. Sinb stopped and looked at Yuju’s dad who pointed an arrow at her, she showed more teeth and growled dangerously, ready to jump on him no matter what but Yuju jumped on him making him fall on the floor, he hit his head and fall unconscious. The two other men took the very injured one and ran away quickly.

 

“Don’t kill him!” said Yuju in despair as she was placing herself in between her dad and the wolf.

 

The wolf looked back at Yerin before Sinb transformed into herself again, she dressed and got back close to Yerin.

 

“Yerin, wake up I need you…” said Sinb as she now took the arrow away and put her vest on the wound to stop more bleeding but Yerin was still unconscious.

 

“I think it’s too late…” said Yuju looking sadly at her, less scared now that Sinb wasn’t a wolf anymore.

 

“It’s not!” answered Sinb as she looked at Yerin’s relaxed face, she was looking so peaceful, like she was sleeping. “It’s not too late…” said Sinb her face closer to Yerin’s to hug her.

 

“I need you Yerin…” she whispered slowly before looking at Yerin and kissing her on the lips. “I love you… don’t leave me…” whispered Sinb as she kissed Yerin again. “I’m so sorry…” she cried before a strong white light surrounded them. Then the light exposed and ran all around them like a shock wave. Making them end up in a weird dark blue smoke, like a thick dark fog.

 

Yerin opened her eyes and smiled as the first thing she saw was Sinb’s face. “Sinb…” she whispered as Sinb kissed her again.

 

Yerin smiled into the kiss and kissed Sinb back. “I love you too…” she whispered into Sinb’s lips. “I always loved you…”

 

“You’re so stupid.” said Sinb as she looked at Yerin’s body and saw that the blood disappeared.

 

Yerin touched her stomach but it wasn’t hurting anymore, she sat down and lifted her shirt but her skin was unharmed.

 

“The arrow…?” asked Yerin remembering getting shot.

 

“Looks like you are safe… what happened?” asked Sinb as they stood up. The fog had totally disappeared now and they saw Yuju laying on the floor unconscious.

 

They rushed to her.

 

“Yuju?” asked Yerin as Yuju woken up.

 

“Who...who are you?” asked Yuju confused as she frowned while looking at them.

 

“Yerin and Sinb.” said Yerin frowning. “We ran away together to escape the hunters.” she said to refresh Yuju’s memory but the girl frowned even more looking at them weirdly.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” she asked back. “I feel like I know you but I don’t remember…”

 

Yerin looked in her pocket for the article about the guy talking about a wolf man but the paper wasn’t here anymore. It was like everything about the hunters and wolves disappeared.

 

“How do you feel?” asked Sinb worried and Yuju shook her head clearly having headache right now.

 

“Tired and confused… I want to go home.” said Yuju as she stood up and saw her dad on the floor beside her. “Daddy?” she asked as she woke him up.

 

Yerin and Sinb took a step back as the man woken up but his face looked a little different, less hard, more friendly and soft. He smiled.

 

“Baby girl?” he said to Yuju before hugging her. “What happened?” he asked confused. “What are we doing here? Where are we?” he asked standing up and keeping Yuju under his arm in a protective way as he looked around confused.

 

“Do you remember anything?” asked Yerin trying to understand. The man shook his head and massaged his forehead.

 

Yerin took Sinb’s hand in hers. “I think we got lost, we should go back home now.” she said as she walked out of the forest. They arrived at the hostel and the man recognized his car.

 

“We went for a walk but got lost.” said Yerin and the guy nodded before he unlocked the car. Yuju eyed them curiously before following her dad in the car. She kept looking at them confused as they drive away. As if she wanted to remember them but couldn’t.

 

“What is happening?” asked Sinb confused now that they were alone.

 

“I think the curse it broken, they aren’t hunters anymore, I think everything disappeared, we are the only one remembering who we are…” said Yerin.

 

“Do you feel different? Like you’re not hunter anymore?” asked Sinb as they entered Eunha’s car.

 

Yerin shook her shoulders. “Not really… Yuju seemed normal but I do not feel normal…”

 

“Me neither…” said Sinb looking down. “I’m still a wolf…”

 

Yerin smiled and got her hands on the wheel. “You’re my wolf.” she said happily and Sinb blushed.

 

“Shut up and drive.” said Sinb rolling her eyes.

 

Yerin giggled and started the car. They drove back to their city as the sun started to rise, it was an intense night but the morning was arriving and the girls felt relieved. They had to give back the car to Eunha who smiled as she saw them.

 

Yerin saw that Eunha didn’t have scars on her arm anymore. It was like past actions disappeared too. Everything related to them got deleted.

 

Eunha hugged Sinb tight. “You are back early, how was your trip?” asked Eunha happily.

 

Sinb was confused. “It was interesting.” she said before looking at Yerin who smiled.

 

“Let’s meet and do something soon, I miss you so much.” said Eunha hugging Sinb again before the girls had to go.

 

“Everything is so weird…” said Sinb scratching her head as they were walking in the city, people were starting to go out to go to work, the city was waking up slowly as the sun was now shining.

 

“I think everything is over now, we are safe and sound and no one will hurt us.” said Yerin with a reassuring voice.

 

Sinb nodded. “Do you think we are the only one left with this powers?” asked Sinb unsure and Yerin shook her shoulders.

 

“I don’t know, I think we are the one breaking the curse so…” said Yerin hesitating. “I think I start to understand, the power to break the curse was love…” she said shyly.

 

Sinb bit her lips. “Love?” she asked unsure too.

 

“Yeah… when you kissed me, I feel this energy in my body, this strong power…” explained Yerin sincerely as they arrived in front of their building. “Your kiss bring me back to life and took away the memories of all the others…”

 

“So that’s what happened?” asked Yuju standing there against a wall and looking at them.

 

Yerin smiled. “So you remember?” she asked with hope. Yuju was part of this adventure with them and Yerin really liked the girl, she was hoping she would remember what they went through and for what they fighted so hard.

 

“No I don’t really remember anything, just that I know you, I’m sure I know you but I don’t know, it’s like half of my life was taken away from me…” said Yuju massaging her temples.

 

Yerin hesitated. “Do you want to know?”

 

Yuju her lips. “I don’t know.” she said hesitating too. “I feel like there’s something weird suddenly but I don’t know if I want to listen to you.”

 

Sinb approached her and sniffed her. “She’s not like before, she’s normal.” said Sinb as her wolf senses immediately felt it.

 

“Not like before?” asked Yuju frowning. “What do you mean?”

 

Yerin opened the building door. “Come in we will tell you everything.” she said and the girls entered.

 

They got comfortably into the flat and Yerin and Sinb started to tell Yuju everything, about her being a hunter like Yerin and chasing the wolves like Sinb, about her dad and about the quest they went on to discover who they were and where they came from, the researches Yuju made since so long about the origin of the curse and finally the answers, and the end of the curse.

 

“But you two are still different?” asked Yuju now curious. Her personality was the same only her hunter instinct was gone, she was still ready to study history and find answers for mysteries like the one about the wolves and the hunters.

 

Sinb nodded.

 

“Can you… can you show me?” she asked and Sinb hesitated. “I just want a proof that I’m not going crazy.” said Yuju sincerely. “I don’t know why but I believe you, I believe this story and I feel like it’s true but I need to make sure…”

 

Sinb looked at Yerin who nodded at her and Sinb changed herself into a wolf in front of Yuju who looked at her wide eyes. Yuju stretched out her hand and touched the soft fur.

 

“Wow… amazing…”

 

“It’s not the first time you see her like that.” said Yerin smiling as the wolf came closer to her and Yerin hugged the wolf sweetly. “We went into all this mess together, the three of us and without your help we wouldn’t be able to be here today safe and sound. Yuju without you we would all be dead for sure.” said Yerin sincerely and Yuju smiled.

 

“I don’t think it was only because of me.” said Yuju sincerely. “I can’t remember but I’m glad if I could help you guys.” she said and Yerin smiled while the wolf went away and Sinb came back into different clothes.

 

Yuju smiled at Sinb. “So true love broke the curse?” she asked teasing them a little.

 

“Ah shut up with that.” said Sinb rolling her eyes while Yerin laughed.

 

“She could only admit she loves me when I was dying.” said Yerin as she teased Sinb some more.

 

Yuju laughed and after some time passed with the girls she left the flat and went to her house.

 

She sat in front of her computer and started typing. She worked for days and days on her computer before smiling at her work. She finished to write a book, a book about a cursed love story between a werewolf and a hunter. An impossible love story that find an happy ending by breaking the curse with a true love kiss.

 

With this book, Yuju would always remember who she was and what this curse was about. It was a way to remember it, one last trace about all this story.

 

Yuju typed the 3 last letters “FIN” and sighed in relief as she closed her computer...



 

FIN