TAEYANG

The Other half

The trip down the stairs feels like an eternity. I drag my feet while making sure I will not stumble down unless I want to face the wrath of my father. My eyes feel heavy and all I want is to rush back to my room and sleep this day away, probably the whole school year. Who the hell wanted school anyway? No matter how I pleaded my father to be home-schooled, he wouldn’t budge. He would always tell me that I will appreciate the beauty of being in a classroom and the friends I’ll meet at school will be my best buds for life. Screw that! I don’t want these peasants near me anyway so I don’t have friends that I can call best buds for life. What’s that?

“Good morning, Dad,” I said in a weak tone. Seriously, I could pass out anytime but I need to eat breakfast with Dad or else… I don’t wanna think about it.

“What time did you sleep last night, young man?” My dad asked as he peeks from his newspaper.

“Early. I slept early,” I said as I took a bite from my hotdogs. At least I can eat what I like at the mornings of I don’t like.

“Oh really? I didn’t think 2 am is early for a child’s sleeping time,” I choke. How did he

“No gadgets for the whole week, young man. You broke your promise,” he said sternly.

“But dad! How..? Why..? You can’t!” I whine while stomping my feet.

“Two weeks and no more talks, young man. Finish your meal and we’ll go,” The thing is, when father says it, I can’t contradict him. His decision is final and irrevocable. These are the times I want someone to share my burden with. Uugh. I hate my life!

 

 

The trip to school is so unbearable. Silence in the car. I refuse to answer any questions I’m asked as my way of rebelling. My dad pulled off as we arrived at the school’s entrance. I released a deep sigh.

“Come on. It can’t be that bad. Your friends will be waiting,” he said to my solemn state and ruffled my hair. “Don’t be mad. You know, your actions have consequences and I’m just teaching you these things.” He kissed my head and gave me a smile.

I just nod half-heartedly. I went out of the car and turn back to wave at him.

“Later!” he waves back and then off he goes. I turned to face the entrance of my school.

Kids are starting to enter the school premises. It’s a 150-meter walk towards the academic building from the dropping off point. It’s so far and I don’t know why the school enjoys this kind of setup. One janitor of the school said ‘A little exercise won’t be bad for you. You’ll find a way to enjoy it.’ And up until now, I haven’t get myself to enjoy it.

As expected the hallways are so noisy with some running around, others are gossiping with occasional squeals that I hate the most. There’s shouting when they are literally talking beside each other and things being thrown around. Can this dungeon be destroyed?!

I manage to find my class and I immediately went to the farthest chair to isolate myself from this marketplace. I went to get my phone and earphones from my bag when I remembered they were confiscated. Way to start the day. I just decided to talk to my paper with my pen. Might as well draw everyone away from my world.

 

 

The bell rings as the students hurry back to their respective classrooms after the brief welcome program at the Gymnasium. Same words. Exact speech. Taeyang thought. This kinds of formal event bore him to death. He might enjoy some gladiator show but not this one, not the one where everything is exactly the way they should be. Taeyang just entertained himself from the funny and stupid faces the newbies made throughout the whole program.

From the outside, the school is full of sophistication, elegance, pride, intelligence, and nobility, but for him this in no better than a dungeon. Hell, it is hell for him. Even if this is not a school for rich and privileged people but those who passed their exams, those who have the right to get their superior education, and he doesn’t discriminate social status, still he doesn’t come to love the place.

The morning is so slow. With their homeroom teacher discuss the house rules and gave a few announcements, students were asked to introduce themselves.

“Kim Taeyang,” a flat and dry introduction was given and doesn’t give a damn whatever his classmates thought of him and immediately settled down on his seat.

This kind of boredom will continue for two weeks. Don’t get him wrong. He is not totally unconcerned about his education. He still makes his homework and does his writings if necessary. He’s not the studious type but he still manages to get decent grades. At first, he did everything to prove to his father that he doesn’t need school by getting high grades, even bagging the top ranks, but his father being who he is never got the message instead he cheers for his son’s future achievements.

Taeyang cannot be even more than he is, now that their teacher excused herself and went to fetch their new classmates at the Registrar’s that he went ahead and sleep his headache away. Not caring if their teacher would enter the room with him sleeping like a log. Sleep is important, he can deal with the complains later.

He tuned himself out of the noise of his classmates when he felt the door opens and he knows he’s doomed but screw that, he’s dying. Gasps were heard then murmurs alongside with some mention of his name or maybe he just misheard.

The room is so silent, no one dared to speak with innocent eyes roaming around contemplating and assessing the situation and get the attention of the teacher asking, “Is there something wrong, teacher?”

Taeyang lifted his head to see the reason for the silence even though he enjoys it, it’s just so wrong. And there he saw himself standing in front of the room, eyes scanning the vicinity looking scared. Heck! I’m not scared! He can’t comprehend the dream that maybe he’s having right now but with the throbbing head he has says otherwise.

“NANI THE ??!!!”

“Language!!! Kim Taeyang, DETENTION!!!”

His beautiful day has just started.

 


 

 

A/N:

Happy Valentine's Day, fellow Kaisooist!!