Dating Sim Game

HunHan Drafts

To think that after 3 years of slaving away, mind, body and soul, it would boil down to a simple misstep on the stairs that caused Xi Han's 22 years of life to end so abruptly. It was a simple life, yet it was fulfilling and happiness enveloped his existence everyday and today was supposed to be a new chapter that celebrated his entry into adulthood.

His graduation day.

A day that was supposed to be memorable with smiles all around but now all Han could see were the despair and tears running down her mother and sister's face, while his father shook his dying body yelling at him to get a grip and wake up. Han wanted to wake up and tell them he was fine but his eyelids were getting heavy and it was getting tiring to breathe. He couldn't move a muscle and suddenly didn't want to think anymore. From the vast number of novels he read, shouldn't death at least be more spectacular than this? Couldn't he at least float out of his physical body and hover over his family who were crying their hearts out? If he wasn't so drowsy, Luhan would've taken a jab at the gods.

There was no bright light.

No angel of death.

Xi Han just died.

The end.

Or so he thought...
 

"Oppa! Thank goodness you're awake now! I was so scared when you fell from the tree! Uwaa!" a little girl cried, sitting on what Han assumed was a bed while holding his hand. She was fair with long silky brown hair, a pink crystal embedded hairpin clipping back a few stands of hair to the right side of her head. Her sobbing made her emerald green eyes sparkle from the tears settling on her lower lids. She looked to be no older than 5 or 6 years old and was dressed in a frilly light pink dress that covered her arms and legs.

"Where...?" Han managed to voice out, though he found his voice to be quite unusual.

The young girl perked up upon hearing Han's voice. "You're in your room. Butler Lee took you in. Father is very angry..."

Han noticed the quivering of the young girl’s eyes and it made him feel bad. Though he didn't know her, he seemed to care a great deal about this kid and he wondered why that was. She seemed so familiar, but who…?

"Don't cry anymore," Han said gently, again in a strange voice that was foreign to him. The young girl smiled and a sharp pain hit Han's head like a sudden thunderstorm.

He could remember now.

This wasn't his life. He was supposed to be back in Korea graduating university. He was supposed to do that but died.

Yet, this WAS his life. He could clearly remember growing up here, raised by aristocratic parents along with a younger sister. Here, Han wasn't Han. He was Luhan Drestel and his sister was Lily Destrel.

Lily Destrel from the romance game his other world sister used to play and get frustrated over because she could only conquer one out of the four male characters in the game.

No way, Luhan thought. My life here so far is just a video game?!

Luhan quickly got out of the bed, much to Lily's panic and surprise. Making his way over to the mirror at his study desk, he took a good look at the face that was reflected. Sure enough, it was the face he had been living with for the past 8 years of his life. Similar yet unfamiliar, it was strange for Luhan since he suddenly obtained memories of what he could only assume was another version of his life.

He had large brown eyes with the similar silky brown hair that his sister had. His face was pale and for a boy, he was very adorable. Too adorable.

"Oppa is as narcissistic as ever," Lily commented with a chuckle. "The first thing you look for is a mirror."

Luhan laughed sheepishly, "Sorry."

Lily shook her head, giving a soft smile with her hands clasped behind her back. She really was a lovely girl, fit to be the main protagonist of a romance game.

A knock on the door caught the attention of the two siblings and a middle aged man came in with such a straight back, Luhan wondered what type of training he had gone through to be so poised.

"Young Master Sehun Hollistair has arrived," the middle aged man, who Luhan assumed was the butler who carried him after fainting in the garden, announced.

"Ah!" Lily exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "I forgot Sehun oppa was coming over today! Let's go play with him, oppa!"

Luhan forced a smile, taking one last look at himself in the mirror before making his way with Lily to the living room that was the size of his university's largest lecture hall. In the room, on one of the plush green couches, sat a young boy whose very existence screamed aristocrat. Dressed to the nines for a simple playdate, Sehun wore a calm face despite such a young age that it made Luhan feel much too inferior, especially considering the character his soul stumbled into.

Luhan Destrel was a typical 8 year old boy, born into a marquis family that was considered middle range nobility. With his beautiful looks and grandiose aura, you would think he would be a popular character in this game.

Sadly, this wasn’t the case. At all.

Luhan Destrel from what he could remember, was an unfathomable character who had such a big sister complex that it led to both her and him being banished from their household and dying on the streets. Not only was he a bad end, he was the absolute worst end that his sister could end up in. Luhan tensed his jaw and furrowed his brows as he tried to remember bits and pieces of the game back from his world.

 

Staring at Sehun and Lily who were happily running around in the back garden while Luhan sat down to drink tea and recuperate from his fall earlier, Luhan listed down in his head the key points of the game that would help him avoid dying at all costs.

Firstly, this was some mish-mash of a country with both Asian and Western influences, hence the strange names for him, Sehun and other people. Surprisingly, this bode well for the game creators as it catered to both sides of the globe.

Secondly, there were 5 routes that Lily could choose from, one being Luhan’s absolute worst end. Sehun was one of the routes that his sister found easy to conquer, not that Luhan knew why but he remembered clearly how much his sister fangirled over the lines Sehun said to Lily.

Luhan sighed as he tried to wrack his brain for the other 3 routes but came up with absolutely nothing.

I really should’ve paid more attention to what my sister was saying about this dumb game. Luhan thought, exasperated.

“Are you alright?” Sehun came over, asking Luhan in his enchantingly cool voice. Damn you for getting a good route halo!

Luhan smiled softly. “I’m alright.”

 

Sehun was taken aback by Luhan’s response and that smile he was sporting.

“…Alright,” Sehun responded, slowly walking away back to Lily. Sehun kept on a mask of indifference, yet his head was swirling with thoughts.

What’s with the response? That smile? Wouldn’t he usually glare at me for being so close with Lily? Sehun thought as he his chin.

“What are you doing, oppa! Look! There’s a bunny here!” Lily yelled, calling Sehun over.

Sehun smiled in Lily’s direction, happy to oblige in the young girl’s avidness for the outdoors. As he made his way towards where Lily was the white rabbit, he turned his head to Luhan’s direction and sure enough, Luhan was still boring his gaze into the ground in front of him, deep in thought.

Sehun lightly furrowed his brows. How strange…

Pretty obvious what kind of manhwas/mangas I've been reading to come up with this story XD