Disguised Devil

HunHan Drafts

Looking at the scars on Luhan’s hand, Sehun squinted his eyes in wonder. “Why do you put up with that?”

Luhan followed Sehun’s gaze to his hand, and smiled. “I like animals.”

Sehun scoffed. “But they don’t do anything for you. They don’t earn you money. They eat and everywhere. They’re not really good for anything.”

Luhan put up his scarred right hand to cover the sun that was shining in the sky. “True, but I take care of them for not a good reason either.”

Turning his head to face Sehun with a cocky stare before looking down, Luhan took a deep breath and starting walking around Sehun until he was a few inches away from his side. “It’s a conquest.”

Sehun cocked his head to the side showing he had no idea what Luhan was on about.

“Controlling an animal’s environment, caring for them, making things easy for them. All of it is so that they depend on me, and me only,” Luhan began, a cold expression clouding over his face as he stared a stray cat from afar. “To have their lives depend on me and for them to love only me, it’s the one thing I enjoy the most.”

Luhan turned to meet Sehun’s surprised look at what he just said. “When I can tame an animal that hates every human being, to the point where it trusts me, I feel like I won. When my cat, Avee, hisses and growls at others, secretly I smile inside and tell myself that no other person could take away what belongs to me because I can conquer them all. I want to be the only one in the world for her, the nasty strays at the vet, the loitering cats near the church, even that stray cat we just saw. I want to be the only one.”

Sehun felt his pulse quicken at how intensely Luhan was staring at him, but not with the usual angelic face he was used to, but with a devilish charm that was oozing out so naturally, Sehun had to wonder if the Luhan he knew from church was the real one, or if he was just a devil in disguise.

“Isn’t it the same for you?” Luhan said nonchalantly, as he took a step closer to Sehun, his face merely a few inches from Sehun’s own. “Aren’t you trying to conquer me, Oh Sehun?”