Better Together

White Confession (하얀 고백)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RANDOM PLAY DANCE.
FEB 20, 2012.

“Soul unnie, take a look at Nanie. She dances to our song way better than you do,” Jiae snickered, gaining a death glare from Baby Soul. Baby Soul then proceeded to tighten her loosened ponytail. “It’s not that you’re any better, Jiae. Between you and me, I dance better than you,” she claimed. Jiae was going to throw her bottle towards Baby Soul, but realising she’s older, Jiae held in her desire. Nanie and Hayeon who were just standing nearby laughed at the duo. All four of them had been together for years, and known by Woollim enthusiasts as the longest-trained squad; alongside trainees Joohyun, Myunghee and Mihye. It is normal for them to joke around and call each other by names, though to new trainees they’d seem a little too violent to their liking.

Lovelyz and the female trainees have gathered in the dance practice room for an event organised by Woollim. It was for a cause; to support those fighting cancers. The event will be held at the Han River in another two weeks, so massive training is being done in order to make this successful. They would be doing a flash mob to Lovelyz’s songs and a few other songs too. This would also be an opportunity for the trainees to be exposed to the public and gain attention of many.

Being a new trainee, it was a little hard for Mihyun to blend in with the others, so she had only stick around with Myunghee since her first day. She’s not the type to approach people first either, so she preferred to keep a distance from other trainees. While they were having their short break, Myunghee decided to help Mihyun make some friends. “Oh, come on. We’re one big family here. Everyone is friendly so you don’t have to worry about anyone trying to scare the hell out of you anyway,” Myunghee said, trying to convince the newbie; though Mihyun still won’t budge from her sitting position.

Noticing a figure she had never seen before, Mihye squinted her eyes to get a better vision of the person. She tiptoed her way towards the new girl with two packets of sandwich. “Hi!” she said, beaming the brightest smile she could ever flash after a hard, sweaty dance practice. She handed over a packet of sandwich she was holding to Mihyun as she turned her head to look at Mihye. Mihyun reluctantly accepted it, before giving a faint smile and thanking her. Everyone in Woollim knew Mihye is such a bright and friendly girl, but Mihyun finds her weird. In a good way, probably. The reason was, no matter how hard she tries, Mihyun could never be as bright and friendly as Mihye is. Hence, she finds Mihye’s personality fascinating and calming.

 

"HEO MIYOUNG, I SAID TWO STEPS TO THE RIGHT, NOT TO THE LEFT!” Nanie shouted. At this rate, she was literally annoyed by Miyoung who kept on making mistakes since the beginning of the training. She was able to keep patience with her, but seeing how Miyoung couldn’t be bothered to fix her own mistakes, Nanie started to get furious. “Scary Unnie is on strike,” Joohyun said as she reached to whisper to Hayeon’s ears. They both chuckled and quickly get back to their places when they heard Nanie clearing . You really don’t want to get on Nanie’s bad side, because once a bright Nanie turns dark, you’d most probably won’t be able to see her nice side anymore.

Miyoung, on the other hand, was actually having the worst day of her life. Her droopy eyes could explain everything. She was feeling sick and had been vomiting since morning. She tried telling the event organiser, but it’s not that she can exclude herself from the training anyway. “Take 5!” Jiae exclaimed. As soon as she heard that, Miyoung ran as fast as she could to the toilet. She couldn’t hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter