That New Girl

White Confession (하얀 고백)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THAT NEW GIRL.
FEB 15, 2012.

Mihyun opened the door to her house. It wasn’t locked, so most probably her Mom is already home. Hungry, she went straight to the kitchen; throwing her bag on a sofa at the living room. Her stomach was growling the whole time during her Maths class. She kept on groaning to the fact that the cafeteria workers served her a vegetable soup during lunch. Like, duh – everyone knows she hates vegetables.

Seeing her mother’s figure from afar, Mihyun ran towards her. “Hey, Mom,” she said, kissing her mother’s cheek. “Hey, love. How’s school?” her mother asked. Mihyun scoffed, rolling her eyes. “I don’t wanna talk about it, Mom. They served vegetable soup for lunch,” she complained. “Again?” her Mom giggled. Mihyun pouted, nodding her head. She’s too picky when it comes to food, even when her mother cooks for her.

Her mother had cooked her chicken curry. “Damn, my favourite,” she thought. As soon as her mother served her, she quickly gobbled it all up. Her mom widened her eyes to Mihyun’s actions and gained a playful slap from her mother. “Slow down! Nothing is chasing over you,” she said. “Actually, Mom, there is. Time is! I’m already late for hagwon,” Mihyun answered, pointing to the wall clock. Hagwon; or in English they call it a cram school or a night academy. Who doesn’t go for one in Korea? Education is important, or at least that’s what Mihyun’s grandfather had been trying to tell her since she was a kid.

She had only gone for one cram school since middle school, but because of her training schedule, she couldn’t really keep up with her studies. Pledis Entertainment’s training schedule is so packed to the fact that only God knows when she gets to breathe every day. She decided to leave the agency last month, after thinking how the company doesn’t really suit her. To her, it was nice knowing all the trainees there, but she was thinking that maybe she could find another agency where she can balance training and studies well – and that was when she found Woollim Entertainment.

Mihyun has a fixed vision – to make good music for people to listen to. She had been listening to INFINITE quite often recently, despite knowing about them since Mnet first aired their reality show You Are My Oppa. She was really fascinated by the fact that they can be popular though coming from a small company. In the beginning of that very month, namely March, she gave it a thought to audition for Woollim, and after consulting to her parents and friends, she went for it.

She had been waiting for a notice from Woollim’s representative since then, and April is already drawing near. “I might as well not able to get in this time. It’s been late enough,” she thought while doing the dishes. Just when she was done doing her chore, her phone vibrated. She took it out from her pocket and checked who had called. An unfamiliar number. Thinking it might be the call she had been expecting, she nervously picked it up. “Kim Mihyun? This is Woollim’s representative speaking. We’ve been told that you’ve passed our March audition. You may start training tomorrow. Please claim your training schedule tomorrow morning by 8am at our information counter. The date to your interview with the CEO will be informed soon. Welcome to our agency,” a voice of a lady informed, and the call ended. Mihyun started to feel a flood of mixed emotions, and she didn’t know how to explain it either. She jumped at the place she was standing at and screamed “Mom, Woollim accepted me!” on top of her lungs.

 

MAYBE IT'S LOVE.
FEB 18, 2012.

Sungjong pinned his hands against the wall as he panted for air. Sweat was dripping off his face, and he used that chance to wipe it off using the hem of his sweat-drenched shirt. “At this rate, I think we are all going to die at a young age... and I’m only 19!” he complained. He was also about to add the fact that he had only graduated from high school a few days back, but seeing his group leader, Sunggyu, eyeing him as if he’d plunge into him any sooner, Sungjong chose to just zip his lips off.

The 7 boys of INFINITE could be seen breathing heavily all around the practice room, and the air conditioner wasn’t much of a help either. Their manager had made them dance for 3 hours straight without a rest, for a one-week break in return. Well, at least they ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter