Chapter 6: A Date in The Cloudland

Be With You

They were laying on the green grass, the ground was unbelievably soft. Jungkook’s hand entwined with Seokjin’s hand, like fish hooks.

“…and so, Jimin confessed that he was so tired because of his daughter keep asking about how to break an egg without the eggshell or when Taehyung forgot to give his son- why you keep laughing Hyung?”

Jungkook stopped talking, Seokjin shook his head and grinned happily; look at him fondly, amused with the way Jungkook kept moving his other hand while telling the story about their grandchildren.

Jungkook sat up, pulling Seokjin closer and the omega ended up laying his head on the alpha’s strong thigh, “what so funny?” the alpha bent down a little, covering the clear sky from Seokjin’s eyesight.

Seokjin scrunched his nose, inhaling the mature scent of his beloved, “nothing, I just find it funny how your hand keep moving while telling the story but the other insisted to keep holding my hand,” the omega raised their joined hands.

Jungkook’s ears turned a little red, not something new that he got fluttered easily because of his beloved husband, “aww my Kookie is embarrassed,” Seokjin cooed.

The alpha scoffed, kissing the omega’s nose, “you said that but,” he poked Seokjin’s ear, “but your ears burnt brighter than mine.”

They exchange a glance, holding each other gaze for a second before both of them burst into a series of laughter.

“I miss you,” Jungkook said at the end, doe eyes gazing down to his omega with a longing feeling. Seokjin chuckled, letting the alpha’s hand just to caress his cheek.

Seokjin sat up, cupping Jungkook’s cheek, “come on, I miss you too,” he grinned, “stop crying Oongu-ah,” he said softly, wiping the tears from his husband face.

Jungkook inhaled sharply, grabbing his omega’s hand and nosing the wrist. The sweet scent of an omega he loved the most, “h-Hyung,” he stuttered, tears streaming down and he bit his lips to muffle down his sobs.

“I-”

He took a shaky breath, Seokjin frowned but kept his soft smile, letting his alpha scented him, “I tried my best this past years,” Jungkook said with trembling voice.

The omega knew that because he kept watching over them. 

Seokjin nodded his head, once again caressing Jungkook’s cheek, “I know,” Jungkook sobbed, the dam was broken as he poured every little thing he kept.

“Jimin became a dance teacher,” he said, Seokjin listened, “he really loves to dance and sometimes he overworked himself but Namjoon is there to warn him,” the alpha laughed a little when he remembered how his son’s lover dragged the little alpha out from his studio.

“I see, I’m glad someone is there to keep him healthy,” Seokjin replied, Jungkook blinked away the tears as he continued.

The alpha choked out a sob, “Taehyung is the fastest in his place, he won several gold medals and because of his handsome features, the nation has their eyes on him,” the pride swelled inside Jungkook’s chest, the fact that his son could reach his old dream.

Seokjin grabbed Jungkook’s trembling hand, bringing them close to his chest and leaned down to kiss every knuckle, “you worked hard,” he whispered but loud enough for the alpha to hear, “you did amazing jobs, my alpha.”

Jungkook stared with wide eyes, his shoulders slumped down and he shook his head, “no,” he whimpered, maybe he tried to growl but failed miserably, “they, our sons, they are the one who did amazing jobs.”

Seokjin smiled but he listened to what Jungkook wanted to say, “They-they are the one who kept me on my track, without them; with- without you by my side, Hyung; I might go insane but they helped me,” the omega nodded, tilting his head a little.

“Yeah,” he tilted Jungkook’s chin, making the alpha looked to his glistened eyes, “all of you are awesome,” he said before leaning closer and captured his husband’s lips in a passionate kiss.

Jungkook frowned, reaching out for Seokjin’s body and pulling the omega closer as if their body weren’t pressed against each other.

The kiss was gentle, no lust involved but filled with so much warmth and love, they chased after each other with the same yearning feeling that bottled up for years after years.

“You’re the best alpha,” Seokjin said, looking breath-taking and Jungkook whined in response, about to deny again but the omega shut him up again, “just accept it, Jungkook-ah, you know how stubborn I’m,” both of them let out a chuckle.

The omega nosed his neck, “You could protect them, raise them, being a single parent isn’t easy,” Seokjin kissed his forehead, “you  stood up  for them, I’m so proud of you Kookie, I’m so  so proud .”

Their nose brushed against each other, for several seconds all they did was staring at the love of their life, the warm breeze played with their hair.

“I’m glad I can meet you in here,” Jungkook croaked, voice hoarse because he kept crying seconds before this.

Seokjin’s lips turned into a thin smile again, “I told you I will save a spot beside me, didn’t I?” the alpha’s eyes turned crescent as he grinned widely, showing his iconic bunny teeth.

“Yeah, you’re right.”

“Aside from that, you still have a bunch of stories you haven’t told me Jeon Jungkook, Yoongi and Hoseok refused to tell me when they arrived earlier.”

“You’re right, where should I start again?”

“How about the time Taehyung fought with Jimin because he forgot to take the laundry in?”

“Oh that one, sure, it started with a date with his boyfriend, Bogum and-”




 

“Do you think they are together now, Jiminie?”

The older twins looked back to his younger brother, his younger twin smiled softly with full black attire. Jimin put his white gloves, Taehyung held the picture of their father.

The older twins looked to the window, the sky was not gloom aside the fact that the whole room was crying their eyes out because they lost someone important.

But for Taehyung and Jimin, even though they were so sad, they knew one thing; that their father was now with someone special in the Cloudland.

Jimin smiled, offering his hand to his younger twins who moved closer to him and ended up standing beside him while facing the window.

His father, he walked a very long path and stayed for so long although the sickness was killing him from inside out; for them, for Taehyung and Jimin.

“Of course,” he replied, hugging Taehyung’s trembling shoulders, “he is with mommy now,” he whispered, “they must be talking about our embarrassing moments now in the Cloudland,” Taehyung let out a short laugh.

Namjoon stepped in, with a heavy heart he knocked the opened door, both of Taehyung and Jimin turned around and saw the sad beta and a little girl with teary eye hugging his thigh.

“It’s time,” Namjoon said, Jimin nodded and for a moment the beta was so confused because both of Taehyung and his mate could exchange a thin smile before they stepped out from the waiting room to the funeral room.

Jimin lifted his daughter, kissing the little girl’s puffy eyes, “it’s alright,” he said, “grandpa isn’t alone.”

Bogum waited outside for Taehyung, a little boy sleeping between his arms while clutching a family picture with all of them including Jungkook and Seokjin’s portrait.

Taehyung smiled, going to his mate and both of the twins think of the same thing inside their head.   

“We’re sure that daddy is talking happily with mommy now, watching over all of us together; in the Cloudland.”