Chapter 4

Be With You

The sunset when Seokjin and Jungkook went to the hill with the younger man’s bike was stunning, Seokjin smiled happily behind the alpha. The wind caressed his cheek and played with his soft black hair. The sound of the bike’s chains became a melody he loved.

However, his face turned a little sour when he walked to their destination on the hill, “are we there yet?” he asked with a tired voice, his shoes dirty because of the wet ground of the forest.

Jungkook turned around and took Seokjin’s bag to help the older man, “almost,” he grinned. Seokjin accepted the offered hand, the omega thought he really has a soft spot for Jungkook’s bunny-smile.

He sighed again and again, clearly show his unwilling side for this small trip. Jungkook on the other hand, with a flashlight, led them to a special spot, “we’re here,” he said. Seokjin looked around with confused expression, all he can see was an empty spot near the edge of the hill.

“There’s nothing here?” he said, Jungkook opened a big cloth; almost look like a blanket. When Seokjin came closer to Jungkook, slowly he can see a big screen far down the hill. A huge screen where people can watch a movie from their parked car, but well, Jungkook had a different idea rather than watching the movie with a car.

“This is it ….?” Seokjin still sounded a little bit confused, Jungkook sat down first with a big smile plastered to his handsome face. He pulled Seokjin down when he saw the omega still standing, the older male squinted his eyes cutely to see the screen that looked so small from their place.

Jungkook took out a binocular and gave it to Seokjin, “look!” he said excitedly, Seokjin took the binoculars from his hands.

A lot of cars parked before the widescreen, “wah!” he shouted a little, “it’s a movie theatre!”

That seemed to do the trick after Jungkook took out a thermos with hot chocolate and a radio that broadcast the movie live for the movie theatre bellow they started to enjoy the date.

“Want to see it too?” Seokjin gave the binoculars back, waiting patiently while Jungkook grinned and watched the movie from the big screen far away from them.

Munching the peanuts he brought, Seokjin waited but seem impatient. Jungkook smiled and gave the binocular, Seokjin squealed with delight and took it from him while Jungkook snatched the other food from the older man’s hand.

They did that continuously, switching after one another, waiting and staring at the other while the other watched the movie.

“Wow,” Jungkook gasped as the movie entered its , Seokjin was about to reach the binocular but hesitate a little, and then went annoyed because Jungkook kept the binocular for himself.

He snatched it and caught Jungkook’s hand so he can continue watching the movie, Jungkook mumbled a little ‘sorry’ but their smiles never wear off.

“Turn up the volume,” Seokjin said, Jungkook pouted and took the small radio.

“I will turn off the volume,” he said, Seokjin gazed at him with betrayed eyes.

“What?” he gave him a ‘look’ and he gulped.

“Fine,” he sulked.

Jungkook moved closer to the point their shoulder bumped into each other, “let’s share,” he said.

Seokjin let him but kept the binocular for himself, “it’s too small to be shared,” he complained.

“No-No it’s fine,” he giggled but then stole it away; earned a small smack to his toned shoulder from the betrayed omega.

They giggled every time they tried to steal from each other, small comments like ‘aw come on’ or ‘hey! Stop it. It’s my turn!’ repeated until Seokjin sighed and Jungkook gave up on the binocular. Seokjin, of course, happily took it from him and continued watching the movie.

For a moment, Jungkook watched the way Seokjin’s mouth parted and he gasped excitedly. He smiled again unconsciously, leaning slowly to the omega beside him. His gaze fixed to the plump pink lips of the omega, Seokjin smelled so sweet and calming, to the point he thought he was in heaven.

“What’s that?” Seokjin said innocently slapped the blackness that suddenly blocked his binocular’s sight. Jungkook jolted and back away while rubbing his left side after Seokjin smacked him, the omega too focused on the movie.

Jungkook groaned because he wasn’t joking when he said Seokjin’s slap was harsh and strong. His ear felt it, but it’s fine, he thought. Watching his beloved being that happy and serious to the movie, enjoying this simple date was more important.

He shifted, moving to a better position to catch the other’s attention. He put his hand and positioned himself right beside the male and leaned once again. This time not blocking the view but went straight for the omega’s lips.

Seokjin blinked, the binocular fell to the other side. Jungkook closed his eyes when their lips brushed against each other, they felt warm. The Omega didn’t push him away even when he already prepared himself and risk all of it.

Instead, the omega leaned to him slowly but surely. With eyes closed, they felt each other’s warm cavern. The alpha’s hand trembled a bit but when the omega entwined their fingers together, everything seemed perfect.

The kiss was sweet and chaste, no bitting, no , just simple touches. Light and pure, both of them didn’t want to end this at all.

The raindrops wet all of their things, the radio, the binocular and their entire clothes but none of them break the soft kisses.

Jungkook’s clumsily tried to be Seokjin’s umbrella with his hand on Seokjin’s head. The omega smiled to their kiss and pulled him closer, enjoying their kisses with the rain sound as the background music while their scent mixed into one perfect sweet fragrance.

“Hurry up, Jimin-ah,” Taehyung mumbled, helping his older twin to mark the tall calendar.

Jimin stepped down from Taehyung and helped him stand up, “I already marked our birthday Taehyungie,” the younger twin gave him a thumb up.

Seokjin eyed the golden ring with fondness clear in his eyes, he slipped it to his ring finger and felt satisfied by the end result. He chuckled lightly, he felt so happy.


 

“Don’t lie,” Namjoon pouted, Jimin shook his head.

“I’m not lying!” Jimin defend himself, the rain was pouring hard and three of them waited for their parents to pick them up.

“Seriously?” Namjoon widened his eyes, Jimin nodded.

“Don’t tell anyone, kay?” Namjoon blinked, he nodded and entwined their pinky finger. A small promise for not spilling each other secret no matter what or you can’t eat pudding for ten years.

Seokjin was back to his small workplace, cleaning all the floor and arranging all the books. His eyes caught a book with adorable drawing, ‘Mommy Penguin in the Cloudland’.

“I made this?” he tilted his head, his name on the right corner of the book, no doubt he made the book. He opened it and read several pages, “it’s cute,” and closed the book before reading all of the pages. Thinking the book was nothing but a mere storybook he made for his twins, the omega continued cleaning his workplace.

The day went smoothly, Taehyung and Jimin spent their day together with Seokjin. Playing Uno, or simple drawing together. Seokjin laughed when the twin ended up cornering Jungkook when they played together, but when Jungkook caught them at once and ended up tickling them; the twins begged for mercy.

At night, Taehyung and Jimin took their transparent tape and scissors to their shared bed, sticking another four leafs flower on the window glass, together with their hope for another miracle.

Seokjin smiled when he passed their room and saw the twins being so serious about the position of the flower, bickering but still working together.

“What’s that for?” he asked softly, catching Taehyung who slipped from the bed.

Jimin flinched but didn’t fall like his younger twin, “ah, it’s to ask for more rain,” the twins answered in unison.

Rain? Seokjin put Taehyung down, “why?” the twins exchanged a glance, they held each other hand.

“Because we love rainy days,” they lied before running to the dining room leaving confused Seokjin.


 

“Yay!!” Taehyung ran, chased after fireflies while Jungkook pinched Jimin’s cheek. The twins ran happily, the green grass waved to them. It was Saturday and they decided to go for a picnic on the hills not far from their home.

Seokjin held Jungkook’s hand, the alpha happily welcomed his omega’s hand.

“Appa!” Jimin shouted; Jungkook raised his head. The twins were playing in the lake in front of him, pointing to other direction, “what is that? Over there!” they asked curiously.

 “Jeon Jungkook!” the alpha looked to the opposite direction when he heard his omega called for him.

SPLASH!

The cold water washed his face and his family cheered, “Taetae! Jiminie, we did it!” Seokjin jumped happily before Jungkook dropped a big stone to the lake and all of them became wet.

“Let’s run from Appa!” Seokjin laughed and started the war between three of them versus Jungkook.

They went to a shrine in the middle of the forest, all locals know that place. Taehyung and Jimin tried their best to stay still for ten minutes while their parents prayed.

“Are you having fun?” Seokjin whispered to Taehyung, the younger twin nodded happily.

Jungkook acted innocent even though he heard everything since he piggybacked Seokjin and Taehyung at once, Jimin preferred to walk since he wanted to catch as many fireflies as he can for Namjoon.

“Yes!” Taehyung replied.

“But it’s must be hard for Appa,” Seokjin said softly beside Jungkook’s ear, the alpha chuckled.

“No, I’m totally fine!” he assured Seokjin and Taehyung who suddenly lost his small smile, Jungkook assured Taehyung again and the little boy back to his usual cheerful boxy grin.

“Appa, hurry up! Jiminie is far ahead of us! Faster!”

Jungkook grinned, “Faster? Hold on tight!” he warned before walked faster and caught Jimin off guard and let go a firefly he just caught.


 

It was dark when they arrived at the home, Taehyung opened the door for them, “what did you wish for?” he asked Seokjin.

Seokjin helped Jimin turn on the light, “it’s a secret,” he winked at Taehyung who pouted to his mother. The omega took the twins inside, “let’s go wash up first.”

All of them halted when they heard a loud sound like someone just throw a chair onto the floor, Seokjin turned around and lost his voice when he saw his husband on the floor.

The twins ran to their father while Seokjin dropped his bag before rushed to where Jungkook fainted, limping on the floor and panted harshly.

“Appa!” they screamed, Seokjin widened his eyes and his hands trembled.

“Jungkook!” he shouted to his unconscious mate.

When Jungkook opened his eyes, the ceiling of his shared bedroom with Seokjin was the first that greeted him. The next one was when he tilted his head to one side and found Seokjin staring at him with red swollen eyes.

Seokjin let out a shaky breath, he held back his sob and let Jungkook caressed his wet cheek. He cried for hours, while Jungkook was recovering his heart kept beating fast. He became restless so he stayed right beside Jungkook, not leaving that spot even for a simple glass of water.

The omega bit his lips, cleared his throat and with a cracked voice he asked Jungkook, “Why didn’t you tell me?” he broke into a crying mess again after that.

Jungkook frowned, the uneasiness filled his chest, “what’s wrong with you?” Seokjin gripped the bed sheet in front of him. The omega felt so useless and stupid for not knowing anything related to his husband, he kept blaming himself for everything that happened. The alpha can smell the distress signal from the omega, so he shook his head and pulled Seokjin closer to him.

“When did it start?” the older man whispered.

“After our third date, the movie theatre was second,” the younger man started. Face clearly uncomfortable, Seokjin can smell the self-loathing from Jungkook.

Jungkook accompanied Seokjin to his home, “go on, get inside first and then I will go home,” he said while shoving his hand to his trousers’ pocket.

“Wait,” Seokjin caught his hand before he turns around, “please, be careful and good luck for the national try-outs. Please don’t get hurt.”

Jungkook eyed the hand in front of him, Seokjin grabbed his hand and put something on his palm. The omega kissed his cheek, Jungkook caught the red ears before Seokjin dashed to his home and shut the door.

The alpha chuckled, he gazed at the small keychain. A simple four-leaf flower, laminated with red string. His heart bloomed with happiness, he will do his best in this tryout!!

He created a new record, went to the gym, and impressed all his trainers, got respect from his seniors and juniors. Jungkook ran and nobody can chase after him in his university, no doubt he will be the best out of the best.

“Doctors said there are problems in my brain that control hormones,” the younger man still remembered the sudden pain shot through his body and he lost all his energy when he was running on the running track. How his vision blurred and he fell straight to the harsh ground.

“I got treatments and pills, but it only gets worse,” he fainted right there, losing everything from his grasp, “if I got nervous or strained myself, I kept fainting.”

“Everything came to an end,” not just running but living a normal life too.

“How have you been?” Jungkook jumped from his bed and hid the keychain Seokjin gave him before. He controlled his expression, his bored eyes met Seokjin’s worried doe eyes.

“Fine,” he replied flatly.

Seokjin swallowed, “you’ve lost weight,” Jungkook looked away, he didn’t look to the omega’s face again or his resolve will get torn apart.

Jungkook played with the hem of his t-shirt, “no, I didn’t,” he rubbed his nape to control the nervousness.

 “I heard … You quit running?” that’s fast, Jungkook thought. Seokjin was the last person he wanted to know about him quitting running.

Jungkook nodded, “yeah, I have other plans,” he amazed by how well he lied.

Seokjin let out a dry chuckle, “is something wrong?” his eyes glistened with tears. Jungkook hated it, he wanted to pull the omega to his embrace and wipe his tears but a useless alpha like him who didn’t have future can’t have a nice omega like Seokjin.

“It’s nothing like that-”

“Please,” Seokjin cut him, “don’t hide it,” the older man pleaded.

“I’m not hiding anything,” Jungkook raised his voice, the omega flinched back.

Seokjin frowned and about to step into Jungkook’s room but the next words he said stopped him, “I just,” the younger man hoped the omega will never approach him again after this, “don’t like you anymore.”

Seokjin halted, his jaw flexed as his eyes turned cold, “really?” he croaked out, “just your feelings for me changed?”

“Nothing bad happened, right?”

Seokjin was too kind, “No, of course not.”

The omega let out a relieved sigh, Jungkook just rejected him directly, telling him he lost interest and the older man still worries about him, “that’s good” he whispered softly to Jungkook.

“From now on,” Jungkook pinched his thigh without Seokjin noticing, his heart ached so badly, “let’s not see each other.”

Seokjin remained silent for several second, Jungkook noticed the tear escaped the omega’s beautiful eyes. He nodded before turned around and left the alpha’s cold bedroom to the exit door. He remembered when Seokjin frowned and his face scrunched into hurtful expression, Jungkook caused that.

Jungkook too, broke into a sobbing mess after he was sure Seokjin left his house. What else he can possibly do other than pushing the omega away? There’s no way he continues with Seokjin and pulled him into his dark future right? An athlete after he lost his ability was nothing, the older man can get any alpha he wants and Jungkook should stay away if he wants Seokjin to have a bright future.

“Then, for a year, I struggled to get over you,” Jungkook caressed Seokjin’s knuckles, “but I couldn’t.”

Helpless Jeon Jungkook, it was really dangerous but he went to Seoul alone. But if he can see Seokjin for one last time, he didn’t care what happened to him. With a little money in his wallet, worn-out leather jacket and black trousers, he searched for Seokjin to the workplace.

It was pouring hard, Jungkook waited for him. He chose to stay inside a café opposite Seokjin’s office. He remembered the omega had an important and high position in that company despite the fact he was an omega. Jungkook was so proud, he believed Seokjin worked hard for that position.

He saw him, he saw Seokjin; so handsome and looked unreal. He wore a nice blue shirt with black trousers, his long black coat covered his broad shoulder and hid his tiny waist. The omega gazed to the sky and sighed, he forgot to bring his umbrella.

He used his bag to protect himself from the rain, Jungkook got up from his seat and about to call after him but an expensive sports car that stopped beside Seokjin stopped him. He saw the omega smiled to the driver and the next scene was Seokjin got inside the car and left him.

He didn’t care to the fact he was drenched, he was the one who pushed Seokjin away after all. No wonder a person like Seokjin to settle down with another potential mate rather than with him. Yeah, Jungkook must accept that fact. The alpha stood there, watched until the car drifted away and finally turned away with a heavy heart.

“Seeing you happy …. I felt a little sad,” he confessed, “still, I was relieved.”

“I know that I wasn’t good enough for you,” Jungkook left, he also left the laminated four-leaf flower at that place. Determined to be alone for the rest of his life, “we didn’t talk to each other after that,” he recalled, he worked at a random store all day to distract himself from Seokjin and the fact he can’t run anymore. He really thought it was completely over, he moved away from his parent’s house to a house near the hills.

But one day, not long after he decided to move into his new house, “Jungkook! There’s a call for you!”  The alpha left his works and took the phone.

“I mulled over, whether to meet you again or not.”

He went to the train station, Seokjin used the train and went straight from Seoul to their hometown; to Jungkook’s place.

He waited anxiously, kept glancing to the tunnel; anticipating the train to come.

“My head was telling me to go back.”

When the train came; the alpha felt his toes glued to the ground below him.

“But sadly my heart would not let me go.”

The train stopped and the voice became deafening, Jungkook gripped his hand and bit his lips. His heart skipped a beat, he looked down to his shoes.

“Jungkook!” he raised his head, looked to his side and found Seokjin ran to his side. He walked while the omega ran after him, Seokjin hugged him tightly like there’s no tomorrow.

 “Hyung- I-” Seokjin tightened his hug, the omega buried his face to the alpha’s neck and nosed his scent gland. He made shiver went down Jungkook’s body, Seokjin sighed and shook his head.

“I’m not leaving you no matter what,” Jungkook’s heart fluttered, he bit his swollen lips again and opened his mouth to give Seokjin logical reason.

“Don’t worry,” Seokjin raised his tone, which was rare, “We’ll be fine. We’re meant to be.

Seokjin sounded so determined, Jungkook took a deep breath. His walls crumbled just like that as he wrapped his hands around Seokjin’s tiny waist and the omega let out a relief-contained sigh.

Jungkook stretched his arm and emptied the space beside him, Seokjin smiled fondly and rose from his seat. Laid beside his husband and put his head on the crooked of the alpha’s neck, he kissed the scent gland softly; Jungkook purred. The omega chuckled softly, letting the alpha hugged him and drew him closer.

Seokjin kissed his alpha softly, passionately; Jungkook pulled the blanket with his toe and wrapped it around them with his free hand. Jungkook pulled back first and gave Seokjin’s forehead a peck, “soon after, I proposed to you,” he continued as the omega tried to catch his breath.

 “You said you hate every minute we’re apart,” Jungkook smiled shyly, his cheek became red; so adorable from Seokjin’s point of view, “and you even asked me to propose soon.”

Seokjin scoffed, “that means I proposed first,” he sounded proud.

Jungkook nodded, he admitted it, “If you didn’t say that, I wouldn’t have dreamed of marriage.”

“Despite your parents being against it ….” Jungkook whimpered when he remembered the fight between Seokjin and his parents, how furious Seokjin was when they mocked Jungkook. The omega slammed down his hand when his father mentioned the arranged marriage for him, he took Jungkook’s hand and never go back to his old house, “after that you quit your job and married me.”

The Omega didn’t care his family disowned him at all, he stayed beside Jungkook and held his alpha’s hand with pride.

Seokjin chose him; up till now, he still can’t believe it, “then, Taehyung and Jimin were born,” he smiled fondly, Seokjin kissed his jaw and nuzzled to him.

“We will live happily like this forever, right?” Seokjin murmured against his collarbones, Jungkook froze. The sudden realization hit him hard, he held back his tears but still, the tears rolled down; Seokjin kissed it.

He tilted his head, looking straight to the omega’s eyes, “of course,” and he sealed the promise with a chaste kiss to his beloved mate.


 

“A school concert?” Seokjin whisked the eggs before pouring it into the frying pan, Taehyung jumped and nodded his head. Jimin being in charge to protect the kitchen from his destructive twin also grinned happily when they mentioned the concert.

“Yes!”

“You two are in it, too?” the omega smiled widely and sat down after finishing the food. Jungkook poured the teas for them while listening to his kids with his iconic bunny-smile.

“Our whole class is singing,” Jimin gushed.

Seokjin giggled, “That must be fun!” he took the chopsticks and gave the twins some slices of bacon.

“Eomma, will you come?” Taehyung mumbled quietly, Seokjin tilted his head. Of course, he will! How Taehyung can think he will miss this golden event.

“Of course I will! I want to see both of you singing!” he teased them, Jungkook choked out his food and widened his eyes to the twins, the twins averted their eyes from their father and continued eating his breakfast.

Seokjin looked away from the twins, he gazed to Jungkook with excitement, and “you will come too, right?” he asked cheerfully.

“Of course,” the alpha made the effort to sound reassuring, meaning the words more seriously than how it sounded.

“Oh!” the twins yelled, “it’s the forecast!” all of them looked to the television and listened to the presenter.

‘The rainy season this year had been unusually long, however, it will end in two weeks from today-’

“Hurry up and eat,” Seokjin ordered casually, didn’t really care about the rainy season. He thought it will be good if the rain stop, that way he can finally dry his laundry normally without any help from the dryer at all.

‘The rain clouds are concentrated in the central- ’

Jungkook stood up abruptly when the news mentioned about the clouds, he dashed to the television and turned it off manually without the remote which in Seokjin’s hand.

“Why you turn it off?” the omega scolded.

“It’s too loud,” the alpha continued eating his breakfast, recounted yesterday’s event to distract his mate from the news about the clouds.

The twins watched him in silence, they exchanged glances. Understood why his father bolted like that to the television so their mother won’t know the rainy season was about to end and that would be meant one thing.

“Hurry up and eat,” Seokjin poked the twins’ cheek, “you will be late.”

That meant their time with their mother would end in two weeks.


 

Like always, Seokjin continued his cleaning job. He went back to his workplace that unbelievably had a lot of things until now that place still needed a lot of his time.

After sorting all the paintings from the oldest to the newest, he put all his scattered books to the tall bookshelf in the corner.

He took the mop and started wiping all the dust, the brown shelf made him feel nostalgic. Maybe it was the same shelf from his old apartment in Seoul.

He moved to clean the upper shelf but accidentally tossed a thing from it, he sighed and bent down to pick up the thing that happened to be a navy blue book with smooth cover.

He raised his eyebrow and opened the book, “Kim Seokjin,” he read the name on the first page softly. Oh? Did he keep a journal?

Amused with himself, he pulled the chair in front of his desk and settled down. He flipped to the next page and saw the page filled with countless words. No doubt, it was his writing, he even found some old doodle he loved to draw when he was a student.

He read the date, his guess was right; it was the time when he was still in his high school; according to Jungkook, it was the time when the alpha fell in love to him. He smiled sheepishly at the memories, he can feel the heat went to his cheek and ears.

Page after page, second to an hour, the omega read from the first page to the very last page. The wind blew harshly and hit the window, the light slowly dim because the cloud above the house went black. The raindrops once again wetted the ground and created a familiar scent.

The sweet smile slowly shifted into something else, the omega’s expression became serious as he continued to the next page. The crooked fingers pointed out some words, his heart thundered against his chest just like the thunder outside his workplace.

Oh.

Seokjin sat there with the book between his hands, he blinked and read every sentence again carefully; looked down when he finished the book. The wind howled outside and toyed with the trees. The storm was waiting for them, for the twins, for Jungkook, and coming for Seokjin.


 

“Appa is home,” Jungkook shouted as he put down his umbrella beside the door, he glanced to the living room but nobody there.

He heard a loud groan from Jimin, he walked to the kitchen and found his mate in front of the stove with both Jimin and Taehyung, “it’s too hard …” Taehyung whined, Jimin pouted and shook his head.

“Don’t hold it too tight,” Seokjin adjusted Taehyung’s hand, “let’s practice again,” the omega didn’t let the twins run away from him.

Seokjin stood behind his son, he gestured to them and they followed him, “hold it like this, tap it on the sharp edge and-”

A success for Taehyung, he put the eggs on the frying pan without spilling any of it to the floor, “look! You can do it!” Seokjin cheered and kissed Taehyung’s temple.

Jimin’s turn went smoothly and he got a soft peck on his nose from Seokjin, Jungkook leaned to the doorframe and smiled softly because of the view. His heart warmed at the sight, the view he will fight until he dies, something to die for.

“Now you two can make it yourself, right?” Seokjin caressed the twins’ head, they nodded and hummed back proudly.

“That’s my boy!” the omega continued watching them making a simple menu, “oh?” their eyes met when Seokjin turned around, Jungkook took a long stride to them, “Taehyung-ah, Jimin-ah, Appa is home,” the omega told their sons with a big smile.

 “Appa! We made fried eggs!” Jimin guffawed.

“We also make mushroom soup and rice balls!” Taehyung added.

Jungkook clapped his hand, “that’s awesome!” he laughed.

The day went fast, Jungkook went to the bathroom and helped the twins wash their hair, “Appa,” Jimin called, Jungkook rubbed his scalp gently.

“Yeah?” he replied.

“Did you put up the four-leaf flower?” he questioned, Jungkook shook his head, “there were eight but now there are nine,” the older twin sounded confused.

“Did mom put it up?” the alpha’s hands stopped moving when Taehyung voiced out his mind, did Seokjin put it up?

[You must return before the cloud rolls away]

Seokjin looked up to the sky from the window, while Jungkook was helping the twins, the omega took the storybook from the shelf and read it. He closed the coloured book and let out a shaky sigh, with teary eyes he stared at the clouded night sky.

[He must return before the cloud rolls away]


 

‘It will come someday’

‘The day of my dreams’

”I’m good at running!” Taehyung stepped out from the line, a boxy smile plastered to his face, “I’m the fastest runner in my class,” Jimin and the rest of his class nodded their head unconsciously, “I’m going to win the gold medal at the Olympics.”

“I’m an expert at dancing and martial arts,” Jimin stepped out after Taehyung went back to his place, “all the teacher said I will do great in dance field in the future,” Namjoon clapped his hand but stopped when the other student stared at him, “I will be the international idol in the future while my brother becomes the best athlete in the future.”

Practising their song, the class agreed they will personally step out and yells their future dream between the songs. The twins got the same time to speak out, they tell this to their mother.

Jimin-ah, Taehyung-ah,” Seokjin caught their small hands when they played with the laundry. The black haired omega made the older twin stopped giggling, Seokjin picked up the laundry from the ground when the twins accidentally dropped it because they kept bickering in the backyard.

“Concentrate and do it right,” he scolded them for not being serious, he gave the laundry back to Taehyung’s hand and watched them hang the laundry correctly.

The twins pouted; looked down with sour expression. Seokjin sighed and kneeled down in front of them, he moved their bangs from covering their forehead, “let’s do it again, okay?” he smiled softly to them, “okay, dear?” the twins nodded after replied with a tight smile and the black haired omega started teaching them again how to hang the laundry so it won’t wrinkle too much.

“Here, hold it tight and shake it twice,” they grabbed some clothes, copying what their mother did.

Seokjin led them back and handed them the vacuum cleaner, “turning it to full power, won’t help to all the dust,” he explained.

He pointed out the way to clean hidden corner from all the naughty dust, “that’s good,” he praised them.

Don’t use your nails,” he told Taehyung and Jimin, “rub your scalp gently,” he said to the twins from outside the bathtub, he sat and watched both of them washed their own hairs.

“Like this?” Jimin tried it, Taehyung copied the way Jimin rubbed his scalp gently and carefully.

“Yes! Scrub everywhere,” Seokjin encouraged them to do it again, gesturing them to continue, “that’s good,” he complimented them again.


 

‘You all look like father and little penguins.’

‘Why you said that?’ the sound of giggles echoed, the video where Jungkook held the twins dearly. Their heads against his toned chest, his eyes turned crescent and his bunny-smile never disappear.

When the mommy penguin lays an egg and goes away for food, the daddy incubates it between on its feet for over two months in -50’C.’

‘Whoa,’ he sounded amazed, ‘that’s amazing.’

We have a problem,’ suddenly the alpha said, ‘hurry and take Taehyung and Jimin away-’ he begged.

‘Why?’

‘I have to go to the toilet! Hurry up!’ the alpha sounded panicked, Seokjin behind the camera chuckled.

‘The father penguin holds it for two months!’

‘You- Hyung- Come on-’ the alpha wailed.

‘Look! They are awake!’

‘What-’

‘Don’t move, they aren’t crying!’

‘Jin-Hyung…!’

Seokjin watched the recorded video fondly, his hand supporting his head as he leaned to the coffee table in front of the television.

‘Stay still! Look, the twins’ laughs at you’

He laughed softly, eyes glistened with unshed tears. How beautiful his family, what kind of action he did in the past to get all of them? To be loved by alpha as kind as Jungkook, blessed by amazing twins like Jimin and Taehyung.

He can hear his own windshield wiper laugh, how Jungkook cooed at the twins for teasing him.

‘They are smiling,’

‘Taehyungie, Jiminie, look at eomma,’ Jungkook grinned to his pups.

‘Taehyung-ah, Jimin-ah,’ he called at them playfully. Their pups squealed.

The omega covered his mouth and sobbed softly against his palm, his cheeks wet with tears. His eyes red; swollen because he kept rubbing it with his knuckles. He hiccupped, bit his plump lips to keep his cries.

‘Appa did it~’

‘Hyung- I really need to go-’

‘No! Stay still Kookie!’

He took a deep breath, flexed his jaw. He watched the video until the end, hugging his knees closer to his chest. Resting his own throbbing head to his knees, he sniffled and bit the inside of his cheek; his lungs felt tight. His whole body shook and his blunt nails digging into his thigh.

‘Hold Eomma’s hand!’

He kept crying, didn’t notice Jungkook was leaning to the wall and listened to his cries. The alpha gritted his teeth, eyes locked to the trembling shoulder of his mate. This won’t do, he thought; he left the hallway and grabbed his phone, dialling the number of his best friends.


 

Hoseok sighed loudly and dropped the woods, logs, any pieces of trees he can get from the forest before the big tunnel, “lord … you stayed up every night and did this?” the older alpha bellowed.

Yoongi eyed the younger alpha, “since we saw him, I can’t even get mad,” he lamented, “will this keep Jin-Hyung from going back?” the older omega mumbled.

Both of them helped Jungkook covering the big tunnel, like making a dam at the entrance, “when the rain stops, doesn’t he needs to go back?”

Jungkook huffed, his hands bruised and stiff, “I have to at least try,” Hoseok eyed the tall wall made from logs, woods, trunks, and a small stick.

“Of course,” his best friends helped him putting the woods on its place, Yoongi held the flashlight while Hoseok and Jungkook worked together.

The day after tomorrow, Jungkook cleaned the gym again. His phone buzzed, he took it without hesitation.

He rode his bike as fast as he could, his eyes found two small figures of his pups in front of one of the parents from his sons’ school. They stood beside an expensive car, Jimin and Taehyung looked down to their shoes with trembling shoulders.

Jungkook parked his bike near the luxury house and went to his kids’ side, he bowed to the woman before him. Baekhyun stood beside his mother, “please take a look by yourself,” the woman spoke with a high tone.

Jungkook glanced to the car beside them, full of scratches; the paint was poorly ripped from the car, “somebody kept putting soap to our car,” she spat, “we caught them using a scrubbing pad!” she hissed.

The young alpha eyed the twins, Taehyung gripped the small bucket full of soap and the scrubbing pad inside it, “Taehyung-ah, Jimin-ah, did you really do that?” the twins remained silent, they shut their mouth.

“Hold up your head,” Jungkook sounded calm but not forgetting the hint of anger inside his tone, “did you two do it?” he frowned.

“My son saw him,” Baekhyun’s mom said, Jungkook turned back to his sons.

He stared at them, “why’d you two do it?” he kneeled before them, “tell me why you did this,” he sounded furious but not directly shout at them. The twins still flinched back though, their father can be so frightening when he is angry.

“Tell me why you did this,” Jungkook repeated once again but Taehyung and Jimin just stared back at him with teary eyes. Mouth became like a thin line because they shut their mouth tightly, refused to tell the reason.

Baekhyun’s mom sighed loudly, telling her annoyed mood as clear as the afternoon’s sky, “I’m sorry,” Jungkook bowed his head to her, “I’ll punish them at home, and please let me pay the damage. Let me know later.”

“I’ll say this because I’m worried as a parent too,” she said, eyes sharp to Jungkook and his pups, “I think Taehyung and Jimin may have emotional problems,” she eyed them with the corner of her eyes, clearly mocking after the twins. Jungkook’s hand twitched but he held himself back, he listened to her; another side of him blamed himself to fail as a parent, “They should go to therapy before it’s too late.”

“I’m sure you’re doing the best you can,” she gestured to the twins, “but it shows when kids don’t have a mom,” she stated, clearly wanting Jungkook to know he failed as the father.

Jungkook looked away, swallowed and once again apologized, “I’m so sorry,” he bowed before turned around and grabbed his bike, the twins followed after him in silence. Taehyung held Jimin’s hand, their father walked first quietly.

They walked to their home, walking side to side like always but minus their usual laughter. Jungkook didn’t talk, as he walked on the outer side of the road. He stopped when he heard his pups sobbed behind him, turning around; he saw Jimin and Taehyung cried silently with head bowed.

“Why are you two crying?” both of the boys flinched, their little shoulders shook and they wiped their own tears messily with their sleeves; Jungkook looked away.

“Baekhyun said-” Jimin cried, “he said if his dad’s car get washed-”

Taehyung looked up with a pained expression, Jungkook almost rushes to them to calm them down, “it always rains.”

Jungkook’s heart sank when he heard the reason, “eomma is not leaving, isn’t he?” the twins uttered with small panicky voice, “we can hold and stop him from leaving us again, right?”

Their cries became louder, Jungkook felt his legs rooted to the street, “we can’t let him go again!” his sons sobbed. Their tears fell, unstoppable like a river, crystal clear and created long tears’ track on their chubby cheeks.

Jungkook didn’t immediately reply but he stepped closer to the twins, bent down and pulled them into his warm embrace. His pups cried to his shoulders, all he can do was patting their back until they stop crying.

Nobody talked about the alpha’s tears and swollen eyes after that.


 

The bell rang when the bakery’s door opened, “welcome! What can I help you-” Hoseok smiled brightly as he turned around to his customer. The rain poured hard, the costumer folded his umbrella before really stepping in.

Yoongi’s pen dropped to the floor, Hoseok froze; Seokjin chuckled, “I won’t bite, Hobi-ah.”

Seokjin stood before his best-friend, Jung Hoseok and Min- no; It’s Jung Yoongi now. They gulped, the eldest chose a random table and sat down.

He used to visit the bakery every day, the bakery was Yoongi parent’s bakery. Sadly their only child refused to be a baker, luckily their son-in-law love to bake (other than running, Hoseok loves to bake and seeing Yoongi’s happy expression every time he nailed the cookies just made him decided to become a baker).

“I came to trouble both of you again,” to think without both of them he wouldn’t even dream to be together with Jungkook, the epitome of youth back then. Seokjin troubled Yoongi and Hoseok too much, “I came to ask you two a favour.”

“Hyung,” Hoseok called, eyes brimmed with unshed tears. Seokjin grinned, everyone always cries when they met him, Seokjin felt kinda sad, “I miss you,” the younger alpha sobbed.

Yoongi rolled his eyes, not because he was upset but because he didn’t want to look pathetic if he cries too. Seokjin understood them so well, the omega hugged both of them. His familiar scent slipped into them, the younger omega and alpha inhaled the sweet yet comforting scent from him.

“You two won’t close this bakery until the end of your life, right?” he asked, both of them nodded at the same time; the omega chuckled.

His question made Yoongi frowned, “why you ask that question, Jin-Hyung?”

Seokjin entwined his crooked fingers on the table, gazed at it with a sad expression, “this favour will take a long time,” he replied softly, didn’t miss the hint of sorrow inside it.


 

Jungkook fell to his knees, he dropped the logs he collected before he came to the tunnel. The heavy rain washed up all his hard works, the walls made of woods broke. Leaving nothing but scattered trunks, nothing covered up the tunnel.

He gasped, was this the warning from the god? He didn’t want to believe or listen to it.

Seokjin looked up from under his black umbrella, his black trouser got drenched by the rain. His left hand held the cake box from Hoseok’s bakery, he blinked away the stray tears from his eyes.

“Eomma!” he heard a shout.

“Eomma where are you?!” another shouted he recognized as the twins’ shouting.

Seokjin scrambled to the source of those sound, he found Taehyung and Jimin ran from side to another side, like searching for a lost treasure, “Taehyung-ah? Jimin-ah?” he called them with a worried voice.

Both of them snapped up their head to his direction, their expression changed from the tense and horrified to relieved, “Eomma!” both of them ran to his side, face drenched because of the rain (Seokjin ignored the twins’ puffy eyes).

“It’s raining hard!” he said while walking faster to his pups, “why’d both of you come out??”

Taehyung grabbed his hand, didn’t let it go even for a second while Jimin hugged him tightly, “where did you go!?”

Seokjin fixed their raincoat’s hoodie, “I went to uncle Hoseok’s bakery, look, the strawberry shortcake you loved,” he showed the cake box. The kids can see strawberries poking from the box.


 

Jimin helped Seokjin lit up the candles, “there!” the omega put down the cake on the table. Jungkook prepared his camera.

Taehyung positioned himself beside Jimin, the twins sat between their parents. Taehyung and Jimin kept staring at Seokjin, they didn’t let him slip away from their sight.

“Now, let’s sing!” Seokjin chirped, he took both of his sons’ hands and started clapping along.

Jungkook smiled, “ready?”

‘Happy birthday to you~’

‘Happy birthday to you~’ Seokjin grinned, the twins nodded along.

‘Happy birthday to our dear-’ Seokjin’s voice cracked, the twins looked at him. He opened his mouth but closed it again in a mere of a second. His hands held the twins’ hand gently but firm, he took a deep breath; he wanted to keep singing but he just can’t.

‘To our dearest Taehyung and Jimin~’ Jungkook continued, he held the camera and smiled to them.

Seokjin nodded and sang along, ‘to our dearest Taehyung and Jimin~’ he copied his husband.

‘Happy birthday to you~!’ Seokjin cheered at the end, gesturing to them to blow out the candles together. The twins got up on their toes and blew out the candles together, facing the camera Jungkook held.

Their mother clapped happily, his eyes a little bit red for an unknown reason.

“Hurry! Hurry!” Seokjin pulled Jungkook, the alpha sat beside Taehyung while Seokjin sat beside Jimin, the twins sat between them.

Taehyung hugged his present just like Jimin hugged his present, all of them sat on the couch and facing the camera. When the camera clicked, all of them smiled happily and once again the beautiful memory captured by the camera’s lenses.

“I wonder how our Taehyung and Jimin will grow up,” Seokjin said out of the blue after the party and the twins already slept on the couch.

They sat on the terrace beside each other, the cold wind caressed their cheek as their toes get a little bit wet because of the rain outside. The omega looked to his side, to the younger alpha with a sheepish smile, “since they resembled me so much, I’m sure they will be handsome.”

Jungkook scoffed, “what? You agree, right?” Seokjin teased.

When they fell to the silence, Jungkook cleared his throat but he can’t help it when his eyes became blurry. He raised his hand slowly and put it on the omega’s broad shoulder, Seokjin held his hand and kissed his knuckles.

Seokjin chuckled dryly, his throat felt tight. Jungkook watched him struggled to hold back his tears when the omega slowly reached for his cheek and leaned in; Jungkook moved closer and brushed their lips.

Seokjin closed his eyes, he kissed the alpha back. Hands caressing each other gently, Jungkook frowned to the desperate kisses. His hands caged the omega, he begged to the god for not taking his mate again. He will do anything, hell, he will fight against the world if that was the case.

The crooked fingers tangled with the alpha’s hair, they pulled back and took a deep breath. Jungkook leaned to him and buried his nose to the crooked of his omega’s neck, he nuzzled to him and Seokjin kissed his forehead softly.

Everything felt unreal.