Chapter 5

Be With You

BANGTAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CONCERT

‘Hello, everyone! We’re today hosts!’

‘Let’s begin, our school concert!’

Both Jimin and Taehyung gazed at the big screen with worried eyes, Namjoon held Jimin’s hand tightly and gave Taehyung a really worried gaze.

The students were ready with their costume for the small concert, everyone was so excited but the twins felt anxious.

Seokjin closed his umbrella when he realized the small rain had stopped, he walked and waited under the big tree near the school’s entrance. The omega looked around as he waited for his husband to come and watch the performance of their pups together.

One performance to another, each class gave their best for the yearly performance. One class showed a nice karate performance, the next class played the traditional drum with a self-composed tune. All parents cheered for their children while Jimin and Taehyung’s class came and stood by the side of the stage.

Their turn was next, after this but they can’t see their parents yet. Jimin gulped down while Taehyung prayed inside his heart for their parents, especially Seokjin’s presence.

*

Jungkook put down his bag after he finished his job, he opened his locker to search for his phone. He was ready to leave until he heard a loud noise from the swimming pool area. Before he realized it, his feet took him there and he saw a group of old lady screamed while pointing to the three meters deep pool.

He gasped when he saw Changsub’s body floated there, “you gotta be kidding me-” he breathed out. He looked up and found a broken lamp above their head. Changsub tried to change the light bulb by himself but he lost his balance and fell to the pool.

The alpha averted his gaze and saw other people panicked about the situation, he turned around because he couldn’t simply jump and save Changsub since his condition would drop if he does something stupid. Worse, he might faint and miss the opportunity to watch his sons’ performance and meet his husband.

Something stupid?

“There’s glass everywhere!”

“Ma’am please get out from the pool!” the workers shouted to the ladies.

It’s a life and nobody can think someone else’s life as something stupid no matter how annoying that person is. Jungkook knew it very well because he had been struggling to keep his beloved’s life as hard as he can. 

“Call an ambulance!” he shouted loudly to the ladies before he threw away his bag away and jumped to the pool to save Changsub’s life. 

*

After the fourth call, Seokjin gave up and put back the telephone to its booth. Jungkook was late, just where the heck his alpha was?

‘Next up is our adorable first-grade students!’ the mc said, the room exploded with excited claps from the parents and the senior students.

‘They will sing a song of what they want and will do in the future,’ Jimin scanned the whole auditorium hall, Taehyung bit his lower lips; both of their hearts sank when they didn’t find any sight of their favourite omega.

‘Let’s give them big applause!’ Namjoon hoped both of them would smile to the people in front of them but he also knew without their mother the twins couldn’t sing well.

‘I believe in my dream’

 The teacher played the melody, the children started to sing along with the piano tune.

‘Though it may seem so hard’

‘I close my heart’

Jimin and Taehyung gazed to their small shoes, mumbling the lyrics half-heartedly. The tears visible on the corner of their eyes, their hands curled into little fists.

‘And draw out that day’

‘Though it may be hard’

The adults moved their head alongside the light melody and the adorable synchronization of the children on the stage, several of them recorded the performance for memories purpose. 

‘And I feel like crying’

‘I will never give up’

Seokjin decided to get inside first, bowing politely to the teacher near the entrance he stepped inside the dark room and focused to the stage under bright lights and found the twins on the stage.

‘I believe in my heart’

He lowered his head a little, he didn’t want other parents to see him in here. Seokjin smiled fondly when he saw Taehyung with a costume like a professional athlete, a medal on his neck while Jimin with a cool outfit like an idol. The children wore clothes like what they dreamt to be in the future and the omega found it so adorable, but the twins weren’t smiling.

‘The day of my dream’

‘How nice it will be’

‘I picture it in my mind’

The omega’s smile dropped as he watched his sons’ sad expression. One by one, the student stepped forward from their lines and told the audience their dream.

“I will be a soccer player! I will win a lot of trophies and put it on my father’s cabinet!” Baekhyun said with a big grin plastered to his face, his mom clapped loudly and gave her kid a thumb up.

Namjoon stepped forward next, smiling adorably with his dimples, “I love to write, I will be a songwriter when I grow up!” the people clapped and his parents cheered loudly to the point Namjoon’s ears became red.

“I will be the best sailor!”

“I will become a model!”

“I will make a nice garden with a lot of dogs!”

“I will be a teacher!”

All of them got an amused laugh and applause, every children’s dream was adorable. Next was the twins’ turn, they asked their teacher to tell their dream together and because the teacher found it adorable, she agreed.

The students looked to their side when the twins remained still even though it was their turn, Namjoon tugged Taehyung’s shirt lightly.

The parents inside the room started to give them a glance, some of them whispering to each other. It wasn’t a secret that the twins didn’t have a mother anymore, almost all parents of the first-grade class knew about Jungkook being a single father. Baekhyun’s mom sighed loudly and rolled her eyes because she expected them to be like this since the beginning.

Seokjin bit his lips nervously, he stepped a little bit closer to the stage to make himself visible to his sons. Taehyung clutched at his own shirt while Jimin played with the hem of his shirt, “Taehyung-ah Jimin-ah,” the omega called softly under his breath. 

The twins swallowed their pain, they raised their head slowly and faced the crowd with a scary face and judged them without knowing their real story, unaware of their pain to prevent Seokjin from going back to the cloudland, total stranger to their loneliness when Seokjin was away for one year. One year without the omega’s scent, no warm hug, no homemade food, no chaste kisses from their mother.

The twins blinked several times, they didn’t believe their own eyes when they caught a broad figure at the back of the room. Jimin widened their eyes, Taehyung gasped when he saw Seokjin, the omega waved to them, ‘fighting!’ he gestured with a big grin to cheer his sons.

“Taehyung-ah, Jimin-ah, Eomma is here,” he whispered, the twins blinked away their tears. They stepped out together with fingers entwined to each other, Seokjin smiled and nodded his head as he listened to the kids’ dream.

“I’m good at running,” Taehyung said.

Jimin followed, “I’m good at singing and dancing,” Seokjin always knew Taehyung wanted to be a professional runner while Jimin dreamed to be an idol in the future, he believed they will.

“I’m good at cleaning,” Seokjin frowned, looked like not just him but the entire students behind the twins also confused because that wasn’t the words they supposed to say.

“If you vacuum on high, you don’t dust as much,” Taehyung continued, Seokjin remembered the day he taught the kids how to clean the living room and their bedroom.

“I’m good at doing the laundry,” Jimin wiped his tears, “you have to shake the clothes twice and hang them,” the day where Seokjin scolded them for not taking it seriously but taught them again with a gentle voice.

Seokjin covered his mouth, “we’re good at washing our hair,” the twins recalled how Seokjin told them to not using their nails to scrub.

“I’m good at cooking too,” Jimin added, Taehyung nodded; they tried their best to say it loudly to their mother, “crack an egg gently and fry it on medium heat,” the omega nodded his head, the tears wetted his cheek; he focused on his pups, his beloved sons.

“We will protect our appa,” Seokjin bit his lips, he sobbed loudly after he took a deep breath, “just like how we promised our eomma,” his knees felt weak but he stood tall for his sons, he was proud; so proud with them.

All of the parents remained silent for several seconds, the twins stepped back to their original position, and the twins smiled proudly and looked to the crowd with confidence. Baekhyun’s mom was the first one to clap her hands, her heart crunched and she felt so guilty, the auditorium exploded with the loud applause.

Seokjin jumped a little and clapped his hands as hard as he could, giving thumbs up for the twins from the back room, he was tall so both of Taehyung and Jimin could see him as clear as the day.

Taehyung and Jimin smiled back to Seokjin, their mother looked so handsome and pretty with his long black coat, a nice blue shirt, and black trouser; just like how he looked when they first found him in the old tunnel.

*

The paramedic gave Jungkook oxygen, the alpha was lying on the cold tile. He saved Changsub but like his prediction, he fainted. His body and clothes were wet, he had trouble with breathing but all he could imagine was Seokjin and the twins waiting for him in the school.

Seokjin was waiting, in front of the twins’ school with his umbrella. He stood there waiting for Jungkook when the sun was right above his head until the sun started to set and created a huge shadow of him. The omega bit down his plump lips, yearning for the alpha’s comforting scent for the last time.

The omega gasped when he realized the sun was shining brightly, too bright to his liking and this just meant one thing. The cloud was starting to fly away, the rainy season was about to end. He didn’t have much time left.

“The sun is out!” Namjoon pointed to the window, Jimin looked to his side and widened his eyes. The cloud was moving away and the sun shone brightly.

Jungkook blinked his eyes tiredly, the paramedic kept pressing the oxygen for him. He took a deep breath as he gazed to the ambulance’s window. The sun was out, the cloud wasn’t here anymore.

“W-” he pushed the paramedic's hand, “wait!” he shouted out, no; he tried to shout.

“No- sir! You need to go to the hospital!” the paramedic said when Jungkook pushed open the ambulance door and got down from the car.

It was hard to breathe, he couldn’t breathe properly but he couldn’t waste his time. 

Both Taehyung and Jimin ran to their house, they ran as fast as their little feet can run. Taehyung ran first and promised to found Seokjin, Jimin agreed and chased after his younger twin as fast as he could.

“Mom!” Taehyung shouted after he pushed open the door harshly, didn’t bother to take off his shoes first. He ran to the bedroom, Seokjin was nowhere to be found.

Painting room, no one.

Painting room, empty.

Kitchen, nobody.

Taehyung walked in, he inhaled audibly when he saw the storybook of the mother penguin and the little penguin on the dining table.

[If you miss the last Raindrop train, you can’t go back to the Cloudland]

“Jimin! We should go to the train station now!” Taehyung stopped his older brother from stepping into the house, he held his older brother’s trembling and tightly and ran to the old train station together.

“Eomma!” Seokjin halted when he heard the twins’ cries, he turned around too fast and he almost falls but he didn’t see his pups. He gazed to the long old railway, the trees on each side of the road. The wind pushed him back to his path, he continued and walked back on his track to his way back to the train station.

*

When Jungkook arrived with face pale like a corpse and breathing like someone who near his end, the auditorium hall was clean. No chairs, no stage, and the janitor was putting his mop back to the cleaning room.

He pivoted and rush back to the road, he knew where he must go.

Seokjin chuckled with tears rolling down his cheek when he saw piles of woods on each side of the tunnel, he understood now why Jungkook’s hands were bruised. Why the alpha always arrived late or the reason behind his ‘extra work’ in his free day. The alpha was trying to cover the only way to go back but it seemed the God had a different plan, Seokjin looked at the footage fondly.

He choked out a sob, he couldn’t stop crying. His eyebrows furrowed together, his broad shoulder trembled and he didn’t try to cover up his cries. He didn’t want to go back, he didn’t want to leave Jungkook, Taehyung, or Jimin. He wanted to stay, to be at home, and to be together with them.

But he must do this, he must go back. So with a heavy and aching heart, he walked closer to the tunnel. Seokjin walked passing the big trunk of wood, he wondered how Jungkook brought such heavy thing here.

“Eomma!” Seokjin turned around and inhaled sweet immature scent of his pups, his eyes watered once again.

Taehyung and Jimin jumped, passing the big trunk easily and embraced their mother’s waist tightly, “how’d you two come here?” he asked with a cracking voice, hugging them back as tight.

“Eomma, you’re not leaving now, are you?” the omega’s heart throbbed, the twins refused to let him go when he pushed them lightly to kneeled in front of them. Taehyung shook his head, small hands gripping Seokjin’s crooked fingers like a lifeline, he kneeled in front of the twins and stared at them with puffy eyes.

“Taetae, Chimmy,” he called them softly, Jimin sniffled, “hey, baby wolf; listen to me carefully,” Seokjin kissed their forehead.

“It’s time for me to go,” Seokjin started, the twins whined and shook their head, they embraced him again and sobbed to his neck. Nosing the scent gland, scenting their mother, they were desperate for the sweet scent to be with them forever. To not let go, for not letting the scent escape from their grasp again.

“I’m sorry,” Seokjin whimpered, scent-marking both Taehyung and Jimin back, “for not recognizing both of you sooner,” he wanted to make his scent linger on the kids, so they wouldn’t be lonely or feel unsafe like before.

Jungkook rode his bike like a madman, he even stepped on the pedal stronger when a truck passed beside him. That action caused him to hit the side road and fell from his bike, his hands bleed because of the harsh ground but he didn’t care.

His head was spinning, he lost his sight for several seconds before he stood up with wobbly legs, Jungkook grabbed his bike and rode it again. He groaned in pain and tossed away his bike when he realized it was broken, he ran.

“Eomma, I …. We’re sorry,” the twins said in unison, Seokjin pulled back a little from the hug and frowned.

Seokjin tilted his head, face full of agony and worries, “what?” he said, “Why you’re sorry? What do you mean, Taehyungie, Jiminie?”

Taehyung hiccupped, “it’s because of me, because of us,” Jimin nodded his head, Seokjin shook his head, “you died because of us.”

Seokjin gasped, eyes wide and he sounded angry, “What?! Who said that?!” he raged, both of his pups whined.

“We heard your relatives said you were sick because of us,” Seokjin’s face crunched, he hated the fact that his children blamed themselves for his death, they shouldn’t think like that. They were one of the most beautiful things that happened to him.

“W-We’re sorry,” they stuttered, apologizing again and again with tears streaming from their eyes, “if I know, I would’ve been a better son,” Jimin wailed.

“Don’t say that!” Seokjin wiped the tears with his sleeve, “I was so so happy because of both of you!”

“Still,” they interrupted, “if we weren’t born, you could have lived longer with appa,” Seokjin grabbed the twins’ hand, holding them gently but firm; his face solid with assurance.

“That’s not true! Taetae, Jiminie, never say that” he caressed their knuckles, “I would have been the same even if both of you weren’t born,” he assured them, smiling brightly before he gave a peck to their little nose.

“I wouldn’t have been happy without you even if I lived to be 100,” the omega added.

The twins stared at him, “really?” their small voices trembled, their small fingers held their mother’s hand weakly.

“Of course!” Seokjin answered without hesitation, “Eomma and Appa, Kookie and I, we met for you to be born into this world, for both Taehyungie and Jiminie,” he caressed their wet cheek, he twins leaned closer to his palms, “so I’m very, absolutely grateful for you.

“No lies?” they said in unison, Seokjin chuckled and whispered, ‘not even a single lie.’

“Listen,” Seokjin focused his eyes to the twins again, “Eomma will go to the Cloudland, and keep watching over both of you, I will watch your appa too,” he bit his tongue, “grow up well, protect your father like how both of you promised me.”

“I’ll never forget you, Eomma,” Taehyung wiped his tears.

Jimin kissed Seokjin’s cheek, “I’ll always remember what you taught, every little thing.”

The omega felt glad, blessed to have the twins, “good,” he kissed them back, “thank you,” he whispered with a hoarse voice, voice tight.

The alpha’s feet were moving limply, his steps were messy and wobbly. He struggled to keep running, to keep breathing, to simply blink his eyes. Everything moved randomly and his sight blurred every two seconds.

Jungkook couldn’t see clearly, he fell more than twenty times. When he fell for the twenty-one times, he couldn’t stand up, his body trembled from head to his toes. Cold sweat drenched his clothes, the grass was sharp to his bare skin.

‘I wonder how our Jimin and Taehyung will grow up.’

‘We’re meant to be’

Jungkook took a deep breath, his breathing was making a loud noise like a broken radio. He recalled the day of the twins birthday when half of his mind already knew Seokjin didn’t have much time.

‘Jin-Hyung.’

‘Hm?’

‘I’m so sorry’

‘Why?’

‘I- I really want to make you happy.’

Seokjin snorted, suddenly Jungkook felt so small and helpless, ‘can’t you see it?’ the omega urged the alpha to look at him.  

Jungkook stared at him, ‘can’t you see I’m so happy to the point everything feels unreal?’ the younger man open his mouth but close it again before he could reply, he was speechless, ‘I was more than happy just being with you.’

The younger man noticed how the older man’s expression softened and changed, his doe eyes became teary and a single tear rolled down when he said, ‘so don’t ever feel sorry.’

“Jin-Hyung,” he cried out, hands grabbing anything to help him stand up again, “Seokjin-hyung, please- Please wait-”

‘Please take care Taehyung and Jimin’

‘Love them lots for me too’

“I beg y-you,” he groaned in pain, his muscle tensed as he tried to move, “w-wait for me-”

“I- I’m coming to you- Jin-Hyung,” Jungkook pushed himself up, “hold on, j-just a little bit longer-”

The alpha sobbed, the dam broke with bottled up feeling of desperation, “I’ll b-be right there,” he uttered.

He crawled, his eyes unclear but he kept walking and running, “Seokjin-hyung!” he screamed, he couldn’t walk or stand up straightly.

He kept screaming his omega’s name, again and again; mentally praying the god to give them more time, one last time.

‘Stay by Jimin and Taehyung’s side for a long, long time’

‘When you feel like you’re a burden to him…’

‘Then come to meet me in the Cloudland’

‘I’ll save you a spot beside me’

Jungkook would never ever forget Seokjin’s smile that night. How his doe eyes shone beautifully or when the sweet scent clouded his mind with love and he felt at ease just by sitting beside the omega. How his fingers entwined to the crooked one, he craved it into his memories; the time Seokjin put his own hand on Jungkook’s bruised one. The bitter-sweet kiss in the twins’ birthday night.

He walked with dirty clothes, shirt and trousers ripped at every edge, “appa!” the twins called him, Seokjin stopped before he reached the other end of the tunnel with a four-leaf flower between his crooked fingers.

Jungkook gazed to the handsome omega with broad shoulder, he didn’t care about his bleeding side of his forehead. Seokjin looked at him, blinking fast as the tears made his eyes blurry. The omega smiled to his alpha, Jungkook struggled to walk closer, stopping when he reached the twins’ position.

Their eyes locked, understanding the end of their reunion. Seokjin smiled softly and Jungkook took a deep steady breath, cheek twitching and for the last time, he inhaled the sweet scent of his mate. Jungkook smiled back to Seokjin with wet eyes, he gave his iconic bunny smile while his tears were creating long tracks on both of his cheeks.

Seokjin grinned happily, holding the flower tightly against his chest, he nodded before he went back to the Cloudland. 

*

Jungkook put down the bowls on the table while Jimin put the frying eggs on the plate, “whoa, you’re better than me now,” he ruffled his son’s hair and the little pup gave him a big grin.

Taehyung joined them after he finished hanging the laundry on the backyard, “let’s eat,” Jungkook said.

The twins cleaned their bedroom, checking their books and put it inside their bags. Jungkook eyed his buttons and smiled happily when he checked everything was in the right place.

“Taetae, Chim, let’s go!” Jungkook shouted, the twins ran to the door and kissed their mother’s picture like how it used to be.

Jungkook also left the house after he gave the picture a soft peck, right on Seokjin’s forehead. The picture of the twins’ birthday hung above the picture he kissed.

Their days became better, no gloomy morning, no crying under the bedcover, no wailing at the midnight. Jungkook started to work as a trainer for the junior runner, he also helped Changsub by teaching the newbie class for the young swimmer (the club suddenly have a lot of students, especially female students).

Jungkook cleaned the kitchen and living room almost every day, he also drank his medicines daily at the scheduled time. It was when he put the small white bag, the bag where he put his medicines; he heard a noise.

He shook the small bag again and heard the same noise, he poured the content to the table and found a silver key with a small letter.

He lit up the table lamp, it was his first time stepping to Seokjin’s workplace in the backyard without the omega. He never messed with Seokjin’s belongings without the older man’s permission before, this time he also had the omega’s permission.

He took a book from the higher shelf like how the omega told him, according to the small letter. A navy blue book with smooth cover, he never knew Seokjin kept a diary; or a journal the omega told him.

He flipped through the page, messy handwriting but easy to read; he smiled widely as he read his mate’s life story.

[March 2nd, XX

It was raining hard and I don’t like it.

Something unthinkable happened today, it was when I went home, I always chose the small alley to go home because that way was shorter.

The way was so small, we can just use one umbrella at the time and unfortunately, there was another person at the end of the alley. I was grumbling because I thought I must fold my umbrella to walk but the other man surprised me.

The boy, I believed he was younger than me since I saw that boy used a uniform for a middle school student. He stepped aside and fold his umbrella without saying anything to me.

He … he let me walked first, his clothes drenched because of the rain.

I peeked from under my umbrella, the boy was shorter than me and I caught his name.

His name is ‘Jeon Jungkook’

This is bad.

I started to like someone.]

[He is in Hoseok’s club! Oh my! I made lemonade and luckily I can use Hoseok as the reason to make him taste the food I made. I held my breath when he tasted the lemonade

I was so so nervous, can you imagine? Oh gosh, he even thanked me personally!

I thought he would never approach me, I tried my best to look cool in front of the new students when I found him in the middle of the crowd. He looked so handsome with his uniform.

Wait, I’m not doing any crime for liking a young student like him right? Ah screw it, there’s no way he likes me back

Even just a little ….. Oh no, this is bad, maybe this is the last time I can meet him?!

God, please help me-]

[He looked at me when I passed the corridor and I dropped my orange juice all over my shirt, Jaehwan laughed at me and I cursed under my breath.

HOW EMBARASSING, KIM SEOKJIN YOU’RE A MORON.

I should really stop hitting my head to my desk …. It’s hurt now.]

[STUPID

Jungkook asked me if I know about biology, I’m not lying but I'm not good with science. I CAN LIE hshshs and say I can help him a little. Now he will think I’m a stupid-]

[‘How about you team up with Seokjin-hyung?’

For a moment I stopped breathing because there’s no way Yoongi knows I’m in love with Jungkook right? In love with the future ace from the running club, there’s no way!

I purposely gave an idea to the school’s committee to make the anchor must run with a couple to win the competition. I stick close to Hoseok and Yoongi since Jungkook would stay with them all the time at the festival. My heart hoped Jungkook would ask me to be his partner.

I FREAKIN’ LOST MY COOL AND TRIPPED.

Oh, I want to be gone, I really want the earth to swallow me alive!

Just what’s wrong with me?]

[My heart fluttered when Yoongi called me, I walked too fast to Jungkook and Yoongi. My smile dropped when Yoongi was the one who asks about the memorial book.

I’m so stupid.

I stole his pen, purposely run before he could ask his green pen back.

‘You’re cool, you’re my role figure, Seokjin-Hyung’ –Jeon Jungkook. He wrote that on my book.

I can faint because of happiness now.]

[Day by day, I’m sitting in front of my telephone. Arguing myself to call him or not, I accidentally; no actually, I searched through Hoseok’s phonebook and found Jungkook’s number.]

[I will call him today, I’m the older one, I will be the first.]

[I will call him today, I promised!]

[I will call him today, no kidding!]

[I will call him and say I love him, I swear!]

[Today I got a call when I was fighting with myself about calling Jungkook or not, the call ended before the opposite caller answered my ‘hello’, I wondered who was that.]

“Jeon Jungkook!” Seokjin jumped from his bed and rushed to his desk, “it’s Jeon Jungkook!”

The black haired male gasped, covering his mouth with his palm, “Jeon Jungkook from Bangtan Highschool, Jeon Jungkook.”

“H-Hi it’s Jeon Jungkook,” Seokjin fixed his bangs, trying to act cool and put his mask on, controlling his breath. He tried to answer the younger male with a stoic voice.

 

“Jin-hyung”

“A-aren’t you thirsty? Let’s grab a drink in that café,” Seokjin looked down and pinched his thigh, he couldn’t stop smiling. He looked so happy, smiling widely like an idiot but he was okay with it.

“I thought you will never ask.”

[Finally I had my first date with him, Jungkook is a handsome alpha now. I already know that boy would become a really handsome alpha in the future since he was in middle school.

I was so happy when he slipped his own hand and held my hand inside his hoodie pocket, we were slowly getting closer and closer.]

[After a long time, I got a letter from him.

It was just one short sentence and my heart was broken.

‘I can’t see you anymore, Seokjin-ssi, I’m sorry’]

 

“From now on,”

“Let’s not see each other again.”

[We broke up after three dates and I cried for three weeks every night.

I missed Kookie so much.]

“Jin-ah,” Chanyeol called from inside his sports car, it was raining hard and the rain was drenching his black coat and blue shirt his black trouser already wet.

Seokjin was using his bag to prevent the rain drenching him, “I need your help for the last project for our team, get in,” the omega smiled and nodded his head as he got inside the car.

The omega stopped listening to his friend when his eyes caught a figure of a certain alpha. The man he missed for months was standing in front of a restaurant opposite his work-place.

“Wait!” Seokjin stopped Chanyeol immediately, he opened the car door and stepped out.

“Jungkook-ah!” he shouted, “Jeon Jungkook!” the rain muffled his voice, he wouldn’t let the alpha go again this time.

Seokjin chased after the younger man, he passed the restaurant and found the bookmark he made for Jungkook, so the younger male didn’t throw it away after all!

Jungkook came to see him!

Seokjin smiled widely as he ran after Jungkook, he passed the slippery road. He squinted his eyes and saw Jungkook was getting further and further away so he ran faster. 

CKITTT.

Seokjin gasped when a car almost hit him, he bowed deeply, “I’m so sorry!” he shouted before he ran again to chase after his beloved.

He took a deep breath, with a bright smile he called Jungkook again, “Kookie!---”

CRASH.

[I got an accident, the day you came to see me in Seoul.

When I woke up.

It was Taehyung and Jimin, they called me, ‘Eomma’

You were jerking back like you saw a ghost, I had leapt eight years to the future.

When I got an accident at the age 27, I really lost all of my memories.

I went to the future and met you at the age 30 and our pups, eight years old Taehyung and Jimin.

My head was in pain when I tried to remember anything related to myself.

Everything seemed new and familiar, strange to me but, I felt comfortable. Like a happy dream when I sleep on a rainy day.

Guess what, I fell in love with you again, Jeon Jungkook.

With our family, with the super gentle and caring alpha named Jeon Jungkook, with children named Jeon Taehyung and Jeon Jimin.

I even had my first kiss with you.

We loved each other.

But then we part again.

When I woke up again, I was at the hospital with wires connected to my veins.

They said about me waking up was a miracle, I should be dead that day when the truck hit me.

I had been in a coma for more than six weeks.

At first, I really thought it was a dream, a really nice dream.

But as time went by, I remembered more of our time together.

My happy memories with you and our children felt so unbelievably real.

I even visited our home but that place was still empty, I couldn’t tell anyone and went to my work-place like nothing had happened to me but deep down, I couldn’t keep lying to myself.

I couldn’t even believe it myself.

Then I thought, the future I saw, could really come true.

Marrying you and having cute pups name Jimin and Taehyung, living happily together was a dream come true. I kept asking myself, watching my own reflection when I brushed my teeth. 

But I will die at the age of 34, leaving you and our twins behind.

I was really, really scared, no kidding.

I didn’t want to die so soon, losing all my youth, my free time, my chance to try and experience various things in this world.

If I didn’t meet you again, I’d probably marry someone else and live on. I thought maybe I won’t have to die at 37, I kept staring at couples in the park; sitting on the bench all alone.

But

Would I be happier?

Then I realized, that I survived that accident because you, Taetae, and Jiminie waited desperately for me in the future.

That was why I stood up abruptly from the bench, searching for a phone booth and pushed your numbers in record time.]

“Hello?”

“Jungkook-ah?”

“Oongu-ah,” Seokjin held the phone tightly.

“Kookie, I’m coming to you.”

[My beloved Jeon Jungkook, Jeon Jimin and Jeon Taehyung.

I’m coming to be with you, only you.]

“Jungkook!” Seokjin smiled happily with teary eyes, he ran to Jungkook who stood frozen on his spot.

He rushed to the alpha, while the younger man walked slowly to him like Seokjin wasn’t real and he was too scared if he touches the omega; he might vanish.

“Hyung- I-” Seokjin embraced him, he buried his face to the alpha’s neck, immediately scent-marking him like what mate do to each other.

Seokjin let out a shaky breath, a relieved sigh, “I’m not leaving you no matter what.”

“But-”

“Don’t worry,” the older man stopped Jungkook, interrupting him, Jungkook was a bit startled since he rarely raised his tone like that.

“We’ll be fine, we’re meant to be.”

Jungkook nodded his head slowly, hugged Seokjin’s waist back and the omega was beyond happy.

They shared a nice passionate kiss in front of the train station as the train Seokjin used before passed them and going further away, the omega didn’t let go the alpha, he vowed that he would never leave Jungkook again.

[I love all the time I spent with you.

My life was great.

No matter how much chance I get, no matter how many time I get the chance to re-write my history.

I will always, always, going back to you.

I will choose you again and again, Jungkook-ah.

You’re my happiness, together with you my life became worthy.

Be with you, only you

Jungkook closed the navy blue journal, he stared at the book with fondness and a little bit of sadness. He read it more than one hundred times already.

“Taehyung-ah!”

“Jimin-ah!”

The alpha smiled to Hoseok and Yoongi, “happy birthday kiddo!” they said in unison, “come out here!”

“Hello, hyung,” Jungkook gave them his bunny smiled, even though he looked older; Hoseok kept ruffling his hair every time they met, “Jimin is busy getting ready for his date and Taehyung said he has training until evening,” Jungkook explained.

Yoongi awed, “he finally asked Namjoon out?” they chuckled together.

“Uncle Hoseok!” Taehyung ran to his uncle with a boxy grin.

Yoongi gave Jimin the cake, “both of you look more handsome than your father,” he teased.

Taehyung and Jimin took a card with their name, a card for each of them.

[Happy 20th birthday Taehyungie! I hope you to meet your true love and able to achieve your dream!] –From your handsome mommy in the cloudland, Jeon Seokjin.

[Happy 20th birthday Jiminie! I wish you find your mate, don’t push yourself too hard. Eomma always supports you!]-From your charming mommy in the cloudland, Jeon Seokjin.

“Now we’re done, keeping our promise to Seokjin-hyung,” Yoongi sat beside Jungkook and Hoseok, the twins put the card to where they kept the rest of the precious cards from their mother. A small gift from their mother every year and this year happened to be the last one.

“Thank you so much,” Jimin hugged Hoseok while Taehyung embraced Yoongi tightly.

“Uncle Hoseok,” Jimin grinned, “how about you giving me a ride to the town?”

Hoseok rolled his eyes, Jungkook averted his eyes with a smirk, “he is good at using me like you,” Hoseok commented to the alpha.

“He is so eager to meet Namjoon,” Taehyung laughed, Jimin hit his head.

“Don’t act so cocky just because you’re an alpha, Jiminie, you’re not the only alpha here,” Jimin smacked his brother’s head.

“At least I’m older than you by five three minutes!”

“I’m more handsome than you!”

“At least I have Namjoon!”

“I have Bogum!”

Yoongi chuckled and Hoseok dragged Jimin to his car before they start bickering again, “wait, appa,” both of the twins called him when Jungkook was about to go back to his house.

“We will go back and make dinner okay, wait for us,” they said almost in unison like in the past, the different was Taehyung’s voice was much deeper than Jimin now even when both of them were alpha.

“Don’t mind me, have fun with your plans,” Jungkook grinned, “drive carefully,” he fist-bumped with the twins; Hoseok hummed as the reply.

Jungkook put Seokjin’s journal inside a gift box with a little card, ‘For Jimin and Taehyung’, he put the present box beside the birthday cake.

The alpha looked up to the sky, he smiled to the cloud.

“I love you, Seokjin-hyung.”

“I love you too, Jungkook-ah.”