Chapter 1

Be With You

‘I told him not to give birth to the twins,’ Taehyung pushed Jimin away from his face, both children hid behind thick black curtains. Peeking to the cold room, everyone was using black clothes, even themselves.

‘What a waste, Seokjin was a brilliant young man,’ one of the relatives gave Jungkook a cold glare like the poor male wasn’t sitting there; they kept bad mouthing him and his children nonstop, from the beginning until the end of the ceremony. He sat near his husband’s casket, with his black suit, Jungkook’s face lifeless like an empty shell, ‘Seokjin became so weak and sick all the time because he chose that failure’. His eyes were clouded, dried tears on his flawless face, like he lost all of his energy. His jaw flexed, Jungkook lost Seokjin.

‘Seokjin must be blinded by the handsome face.’

‘That young man broke the bright Seokjin, I’m sure Seokjin suffered with him.’

‘Not to mention, he is poor too. What a total waste for Seokjin.’

Jimin glanced at his father who kept staring at his mommy’s portrait on the closed brown coffin, decorated with beautiful lilies. Taehyung held his older twin’s hand, ‘it's okay, Jiminie,’ he whispered, Jimin nodded. The twins weren’t crying when they heard their mommy left them forever when the doctor told them the sad news and their father fell to his knees, begging the doctor to stop lying.

‘Yeah, Taehyungie,’ Jimin replied, ‘Mommy will come next year, just like what he promised to us. Mommy will come together with the rain.’

The twins smiled at each other and ran to their father, embraced him and let him be weak for a while. They wanted to tell their father not to feel sad because mommy will come next years but it was part of the promise, they can’t tell Jungkook, not yet.


“Once upon a time, there was a mother penguin. Mother-penguin lived in a place called cloud-land, it’s a place where good people who already finished their time on earth lives. They will remain there until the people forget them and reincarnate after that.

Mother-penguin was different, rather than living her life there. She chose to watch his son over the cloud, from a small hole in the cloud, she looked to the earth and watched her son every day. She kept crying because she missed her son.

One day, when the rainy season came. Mother penguin used the Rain-train and went to earth. There, in the train station, her son sat, b with tears. Her son also missed her more than anything.

Mother-penguin who came back together with the raindrops finally met his son. Both of them ran to each other and hug each other like there’s no tomorrow.

The little penguin jumped with happiness, he spent all day with his mother. They laughed and walked on the green grass. Mother-penguin teaches him how to catch fish, how to use his scarf, how to clean his bedroom and how to be happy again.

Day by day, the rain season almost at its end. The rain fairy came and whispered to the mother-penguin's ear.

‘Mother-penguin!’ she called, ‘The rainy season almost over, you need to get back to the cloud-land before it’s too late!’

Mother-penguin became sad, she didn’t want to leave his son so soon.

‘If you’re late, you can’t watch over your son ever again! You need to go back right before the last cloud leaves the land!’

Both of them understand, so little penguin accompanies mother-penguin back to the train station where the last Rain-train was ready to go.

Little penguin was crying, but this time he was smiling.

He hugs his mother for the last time and mother-penguin bid him a warm goodbye, bitter-sweet farewell. Both of them were smiling. “

Jungkook sighed as he put down the book, the gift from Seokjin for Taehyung and Jimin’s six birthday. The memories were still as clear as the day in the man’s mind. How Seokjin smiled sheepishly and gave his hand-made book to the twins who accepted it happily. Seokjin was a painter, he made such adorable illustration by his magic hands.

He needed to read the story every night for the twins or they will get angry and refuse to sleep. No diplomatic negotiation, read it or they wouldn’t close their eyes no matter what.

Taehyung and Jimin slept soundly, hugging their plushies, also hand-made by Seokjin. The man wondered what his husband can’t make. His crooked fingers were full of magic. His heart ached as the memories kept spilling like an overflowing sink.

Jungkook left the bed and shut down the alarm before it rings. He didn’t want to wake the twins at 4 a.m.

He needed to do his morning work, his morning routine consisting; clean up the swimming pool, clean up the mirror in the changing room and finally clean up the huge gymnasium. The run track used to be his favorite place.

His home located near the old train station, with the iconic tunnel that covered with morning-glory plants and other green plants that grew years ago. He recalled the time people still used that station, where the only way to reach this countryside was by train. He used his bike to go to his workplace.

Taehyung woke up first, with his right hand hugging his plushie, an alien with love-shaped head and blue pajamas while his left hand entwined with Jimin’s small fingers. He yawned and looked to his left side, an empty space. His father already went to work. He glanced at the window, where he and Jimin glued seven four-leaf clovers on the glass. He hoped for the rain but it looked dry outside.

He sighed and tried to let go of Jimin’s hand, resulting to a sleepy Jimin who rubbed his eyes lazily.

“You want to leave me again?” Jimin said with upset tone. He smacked Taehyung with his plushie, an adorable dog with a yellow jumper.

“Sorry,” Taehyung smiled apologetically, “Let’s go,” Taehyung said, Jimin nodded and followed him to the painting room in the house. Seokjin’s workspace, they didn’t dare to touch or mess with the bookshelf and the table since Seokjin was a clean freak and he hated it when people invading his workspace without his permission. Even Jungkook didn’t dare to touch and move a thing, so the older male’s workspace remained the same as one year ago. Even his paint still on its place like before Seokjin collapsed after coughing crimson blood.

Jimin moved one of the paintings and clean up the Tosca couch, he helped Taehyung to climb up and both of them settled down on the sofa. Hugging their dolls and used Seokjin’s pink hoodie as their blanket. It still had Seokjin’s scent since they took it from their mother’s wardrobe. The sweet scent of strawberry but mixed with the sharp scent of the forest at the same time. 


After his morning works, Jungkook rushed back to his home, he needed to take care the twins and their breakfast, “Aishh,” Jungkook hissed at the eggs on the frying pan, he never is a great cooker. He can cook but never a luxury food and in the rushed time like this, he kept making mistakes and makes the kitchen messier.

“Taehyung-ah! Jimin-ah!” he shouted, still busy putting the eggs on the plate without breaking a glass, he struggled with the rice and its bowl. He stomped the wooden floor when he forgot to turn off the laundry machine.

The house looked so messy, like after a robber searched for money in this house but Jungkook didn't have time to worry and there's no a clean freak that will scold the twins for neglecting their toys on the floor and scolding Jungkook for leaving the dirty dishes. 

“Taetae? Chimmy?” he called his children, he opened their bedroom just to find it empty. Could it be?

He walked to the painting room and found both of his children sleeping on Seokjin’s favorite couch. Not again, he thought.

“Come on brave boys,” he poked at Jimin’s chubby cheek, the eldest twin groaned and stretched his hand. Taehyung hissed when Jungkook pulled at Seokjin’s hoodie and made the twins shuddered because of the chilly morning air.

Taehyung sat and stared at Jungkook with his intense glare, Jungkook ruffled his hair, “wakey wakey, let’s eat breakfast.”

Jimin got up first and washed his face, he sniffed something burning.

“APPA!” He shouted, Jungkook flinched and put Taehyung down gently. Taehyung also smelled it and he widened his eyes.

“Appa! The stove!” the younger twins said, Jungkook cursed and rushed to the kitchen to turn off the stove. Okay, they won’t eat scrambled eggs, just bacon.

‘The rainy season is near, we advise people to start bringing their umbrella since the rain will come unpredictably-’

Taehyung tilted his head, his eyes lit with happiness when the weather forecast told them about the rain, “Appa!” he shouted, Jungkook munched his food and hummed as an answer, “if the rainy season started, is that means it will be raining?” he asked curiously.

Jimin swallowed the food in his mouth in one go, “yeah! If it’s raining in Jeju island is that mean the rainy season already starting? Because Jeju is one of our islands, right?”

 Jungkook put down his chopstick, lately, his children were addicted to the rain. They will ask about rain every day and even hang Teru-Teru bozu upside down because people said it will bring rain.

“Who knows?” Jungkook smiled and poured teas for his kids, Taehyung pouted and finished his breakfast.

“Why you two so eager with the rainy season? It will become so wet and also there will be a lot of dirty puddles, everywhere,” Jungkook asked, Jimin grinned widely.

“Because Eomma will come when the first raindrop!” Jungkook smiled disappeared in an instant, his kids were still young, they were still seven years old and in several weeks will become eight. They still think their mother is away and stay in a land called cloud-land, they believed Seokjin will miraculously come back when the first raindrop hits the ground.

Taehyung realized how sad his father now, he shook his head and patted Jungkook’s shoulder, “don’t worry, Appa,” he chirped, “Eomma never lies, he will keep his promised.”

Jungkook blinked away the tears, he hugged Taehyung and pulled Jimin to join. He scent-marked them, rubbing his scent glands to his kids’ neck and showered them with affection. Both of the kids accepted their father’s scent and became comfortable, they felt save but still, their heart ached with the old pain because another scent was lacking, Seokjin’s sweet scent.

Jungkook took a deep breathe, “Let’s just wait shall we?” he suggested, “Let’s see if your mother really come,” he didn’t know how to tell the twins their mother died and will never come back again.

“Now go and wear your uniform! We will be late!” Jungkook clapped his hands and the twins ran to take their bags.

“Appa!” both of them called in unison, Jungkook raised his eyebrow.

“Don’t forget your medicine!” Jungkook nodded and drank his medicine before taking the twins to their school.


The boring day, Jungkook sat near the gym’s canteen and eyed the athletes who trained like a madman. He missed the thrill. He took many roles in this place before he worked as the cleaning service, now he was working as the one who takes care of the canteen. He needed money for him and his kids.

“Jeon-ssi,” one of the workers here, Irene, smiled at him prettily. Jungkook stood from his chair and bowed, “your buttons,” she said shyly, her hands prompting to fix Jungkook's shirt buttons but Jungkook stepped back and mumbled a simple ‘Thanks’.

“Ah, also, thanks for the coffee,” Jungkook pointed at the black coffee Irene gave him moments ago.

“Jeon Jungkook!” Jungkook jumped when someone screamed his name, he turned around and met another worker that worked as the water-sport teacher.

He looked to him in confusion, “yeah?” he replied politely.

“Have you clean the toilets?” he asked, more like shouting to Jungkook. The said male nodded awkwardly, “Good Job!” the worker shouted again sarcastically.

Jungkook eyed the clock on the wall, it was time to pick up the twins from his best friend’s bakery.

“I need to go now, Thank you Irene-ssi,” Irene nodded shyly and watched Jungkook until his figure blurred.

“Here, Irene-ssi,” the worker, Changsub gave Irene a cup of iced coffee. Irene smiled and gave it back to him.

“No, thank you,” she bowed, “I already have one, same as Jungkook’s,” she blurted out before leaving Changsub behind. Changsub groaned, looked so disappointed.


Hoseok cleaned the table and waved at the lady passing his bakery, he gazed inside and found Yoongi sat lazily behind the cashier but hands moving fast, writing down lyrics on his small note. He chuckled at his mate’s expression.

“Ahjussi,” Hoseok looked away from Yoongi and found Jimin and Taehyung sulking near the bakery’s door.

“There you are!” Hoseok chanted happily, he lifted Jimin and ruffled Taehyung’s hair, they stepped inside the bakery.

Yoongi noticed them and stood up, with two cupcakes on the tray, completed with the twins’ favorite milkshake, “what’s the problem, hero?” Yoongi poked at Taehyung’s chubby cheek, Taehyung caught his fingers and threatened the older male he will bite it.

Both Yoongi and Hoseok and smelled the frustrated pheromones as clear as the day, soaring from the pups. Hoseok put down Jimin on the chair, Yoongi lifted Taehyung and let him sit on the opposite chair.

“Come on, tell uncle Hoseok,” the baker kneeled in front of Jimin who sat on the costumer’s table, his feets hanging and swinging awkwardly.

“Why Appa can’t do everything?” Jimin asked out of nowhere, Yoongi and Hoseok exchanged glances. Taehyung played with the hem of his uniform and nodded at Jimin’s words.

“Look, kids,” Yoongi dragged another chair and sat on the other side, both kids tilted their head and focusing to their uncle.

“Remember about uncle Hoseok’s blue mixer?” they nodded, “What happened to the poor blue mixer?” Hoseok rolled his eyes, why use him as the example.

“Broken,” Jimin answered, Yoongi nodded.

“You know why it was broken?” Yoongi prompted.

Taehyung tapped at his forehead before shouting, “because Uncle Hoseok overused it!”

“Correct!” Yoongi gave the younger brother a thumb.

Jimin frowned, clearly didn’t understand the meaning behind Yoongi’s question. Hoseok chuckled and tapped at Jimin’s shoulder, “That’s means, if your father overworked himself, he will break.”

Both of the twins’ shoulder slumped down, then sighed. Hoseok gave Taehyung a big spoon of strawberry shortcake, the strawberry always brightens up the kid’s mood.

“Actually I got an important role in the sports festival, in the relay race,” Taehyung confessed, Yoongi arched his eyebrow and congratulated them.

“Parent needs to join the relay too or Taehyung can't join the competition,” both of the adults stiffened, that’s meant Jungkook must join the relay.

Yoongi tried his best to find an excuse, an idea popped out, “I’m a great runner,” he blurted out. The kids’ eyes lighten up.

Jimin looked skeptical, “Really?” he said doubtfully, “my friends said short people is a slow runner,” Hoseok choked because he tried his best to stop himself from laughing out loud.

You can see veins popped on Yoongi’s forehead, “who said that?” now the man was similar to a demon, “That was a lie!” Yoongi slammed his hand to his thigh, “look! I’m a fast runner okay! I will prove that to all of you!”

Taehyung and Jimin giggled, they hugged Hoseok and Yoongi. Jimin hugged Yoongi to calm him down and Taehyung hugged Hoseok because Yoongi looked like a demon.

“You all look so happy,” the kids let go of Hoseok’s and Yoongi's waist, they ran to Jungkook that stood on the doorframe, “Did I missed something important?”

Taehyung jumped and stretched his hands, Jungkook lifted him and walked inside, “Uncle Yoongi said he will help us with the parent’s relay!” Jungkook stopped smiling, “He said he is a great runner!”

Jungkook looked at Yoongi and Hoseok who smiled at him sadly, that was the only thing they can do to the youngest. Jungkook averted his eyes, “Is that so?” he faked a smile, “That’s amazing!”

“Uncle Yoongi, Uncle Hoseok; see you later!” both of them said in unison, Jungkook bowed as a gratitude.

He really wanted to join that relay and makes his kids proud.


Jimin and Taehyung, together with the kids from their school threw the balls eagerly until one of the balls hit the big ball and suddenly a large banner fell with the words: ENJOY THE SPORTS FESTIVAL.

Namjoon yelled and hugged Taehyung who succeeded hit the button to open the big ball and finally they can start the sports festival. Namjoon was their classmate in this first grade of their elementary school.

Hoseok cheered happily from the parent’s seat while Yoongi recorded everything with his silver camera from the beginning even though it wasn’t the beginning yet.

Jungkook on the other side, still in his workplace. He anxiously looked at the clock and hurried raise from his chair when the clock hit the right time.

“Sorry to trouble you with my work, Irene-ssi,” he bowed, Irene waved and said ‘it’s not a big deal, now go and see your kids’.

Just when he wanted to go and grab his bag, Changsub called his name, “Come here.”

“I need you to change the light bulb in the gymnasium,” Jungkook cursed secretly, he will be late for the competition.

“Ah, good thing you’re here,” Changsub said, he swung the hand fan with ease while he sat on the bench and watched Jungkook who struggled to change the bulb with a simple ladder without help.

“I can’t even change the lamp in my house, good thing you’re here,” Changsub smirked, he wondered what Irene will think after this. He looked so cool, Jungkook might be handsome but Changsub still has a higher position as the watersport teacher for old ladies.

Back to the twins, right then they were giving the relay’s uniform to Yoongi who glared at every kid that talking behind their back because the twins’ father weren’t here. Jimin kept looking around, head never stay still meanwhile Taehyung nibbled his bottom lips and prayed to the god and to his mother who watched him from the cloudland, he prayed for his father's arrival even though he knew his father won't be here.

“Jeon Taehyung! Jeon Jimin!” one of the kids from the group called, both of them walked to the taller kid who glared at them. He gestured for them to stand in front of the group.

The kids eyed Yoongi who looked cool and athletic, “he might be a fast runner like what you said,” the kids crowed, Jimin said ‘I told you right!’ with a bright smile but the kid shook his head, “but he isn’t your father, so Taehyung can’t join the relay! Now give me the uniform!”

Taehyung held back his tears, he wanted to join so badly but he can’t blame anyone. He knew his father was sick and he can’t force him to join, but his little heart still hoping his father will miraculously come and win the game. 

Jimin patted Taehyung’s back and walked to Yoongi, he pulled the man’s shirt, “Uncle Yoongi,” he whispered, “change of the plans, I need you to give the clothes back to me.”

Hoseok frowned, he kneeled in front of Jimin, “what? But why??” he asked, must be because of the kids. Hoseok stood up and ready to give those kids a lesson but Taehyung with tears on the corner of his eyes made him stop at his track.

“P-Please give us the uniform,” the youngest twins tried his best to be a man like his mother said, ‘it’s okay to cry but it will be amazing if you can fight until the end without showing any tears’

Yoongi huffed and give the relay uniform, Hoseok his mate, gave a squeeze on his shoulder, to calm the omega down. Yoongi buried his nose to the crooked of Hoseok’s neck to calm himself, the fact he can’t make his eldest hyung’s children happy was so upsetting to him.

Good thing Hoseok’s calming scent, the scent of cinnamon and vanilla was there for him.

Jimin with Taehyung, walking hand in hand, they hand over the clothes for the relay, “here-”

But before they can give it to the other kids, their father, Jungkook, snatched it from their hand and dragged them to the start line. Taehyung and Jimin exchanged glances, Jungkook grinned to them while panting and wear the relay uniform in a mere of second, “Let’s take the trophy!” he shouted and the kids cheered happily. Their father looked so handsome and cool, nobody can fight against their father charisma.

‘I can just jog around, as long I’m coming, it’s enough,’ Jungkook thought inside his head.

Taehyung and Jungkook was the last pair, the "anchor" (the last runner) of the relay since Taehyung was the fastest in his class. Jungkook put his hand on his chest and felt his heart raced like a hamster. It’s been years since the last time he runs.

The first runner, both teams were equal. Jimin was standing between Hoseok and Yoongi, all of them cheered for the blue team. The second runner, Taehyung was at standby with the other runner, cheering for his teammates. The third runner, their team, the blue team was leading. Jungkook walked to his spot when the teacher told the parents is about their turn to run. He can do it, a small run won’t kill him.

Now it was Taehyung’s time, the little boy grabbed the wood and dashed. His son was fast indeed, he left his rival like a wind, Jungkook felt proud. Sadly, the little boy tripped and made their team lost to the white team at the sharp turn.

“Taehyung-ah!” Jungkook shouted unconsciously, Taehyung got up as fast as he could and ran to his father even though the white team’s anchor already ran and created a huge gap between them. Taehyung’s friend wailed because they lost their hope, the gap was not small and it’s almost impossible to win.

Jungkook accepted the relay stick, he jogged and the other kids groaned. He looked back and saw Taehyung gazed to his shoes, head hanging loose with the most heart-breaking expression, the little boy was blaming himself because he promised his father he will make a huge gap so his father just needs to jog and they will win.

Jungkook gritted his teeth when Taehyung turned around without looking to him.

“Aish!” he growled, he raised his head and fasten his pace. He ran like a lightning, bolting like a wild light. Like a wolf in the woods, he didn’t let his pace slowing down even though he took a sharp turn. He was running like a professional athlete!

Jimin’s jaw dropped and he smacked Taehyung so his younger brother will watch their father running like a freakin’ hyena. So fast and just, waw. The white team’s anchor widened his eyes when Jungkook passed him like he was nothing.

The wind slapped the other team's runner right on his shocked face and Jungkook grinned as he felt the wind caressed his sweaty forehead. For a moment he forgot his sickness and he stole a glance to his side, Yoongi and Hoseok looked so excited, Jimin and Taehyung together with the blue team (included the boy who said Taehyung can’t join, he just wanted blue team to win, don’t hate him), jumped and shouting his name. They looked so proud of him. 

Just several steps and he will be the winner, the view blurred. Just several steps, he gritted his teeth and squinted his eyes; trying to clear his vision. Just another minute and he will bring that plastic trophy for his children, his steps became messy and he ran like a drunk person. Just several seconds but the dizziness and the black spot took over him, he fell and hit the ground with a loud ‘THUD’. Hoseok gasped meanwhile Yoongi already running to Jungkook’s limping body.

Taehyung and Jimin shouted in unison, “APPA!” they shrieked. The last image Jungkook saw was Yoongi’s super-worried face and the twins’ wet cheek.


“What do you want for dinner?” Jungkook asked Jimin, the eldest twin raised his head and wondering which one he should choose, an omelet rice or pork-noodle.

“I must have embarrassed you and Taehyung,” Jungkook chuckled, just if his condition didn’t drop that fast.

Taehyung shook his head, “No way!” he shouted, Jimin assured Jungkook by saying the exact same thing. Taehyung stopped walking, tugging at Jungkook’s right hand. Both Jungkook and Jimin turned their head and glanced at Taehyung.

“Taehyungie?” Jimin called, the youngest tilted his head and met his father’s eyes. His older brother followed his twin’s gaze. They gazed at Jungkook’s honey-brown orbs.

“Appa,” he spoke with a low voice, Jungkook kneeled in front of him and waited patiently, “You won’t leave me and Jimin, right?” the youngest asked with a shaky voice. Jungkook’s heart sank, the image of him collapsing kept replaying inside the twins’ head. Jimin suddenly hugged him tight like there’s no tomorrow and Taehyung gripped at his bigger hand with his small fingers.

Jungkook his lips and his throat tighten, he scared them that much. He shook his head vigorously, “there’s no way,” he bit the inside of his cheek, “I will never leave you two, okay? I’m not going anywhere without both of you,” he caressed Taehyung’s cheek and kissed Jimin’s crown.

“Really?” Taehyung sobbed, “Promise?” Jimin offered his father his pinky finger, Taehyung did the same. Jungkook’s long pinky finger tangled with their small one.

“Of course! I swear on the cloud-land,” Jungkook gave them his iconic bunny smile, the corner of his eyes wrinkled because he was smiling widely.

Jimin tugged at Jungkook’s shirt, “Appa, let’s wash our blanket!” he suggested, Jungkook tilted his head. The eldest twin grinned, “Uncle Yoongi said if we wash the blanket then it will rain!”

“Really?” Jungkook can imagine Yoongi’s pissed off face when he wants to do the laundry but it keeps raining outside and the grumpy omega can't dry his laundry.

“Yeah!” Taehyung answered instead of Jimin.

Jungkook nodded his head like he understands what his children said, “Then let’s go home faster!” he shouted and started jogged, Taehyung and Jimin laughed and raced back to home.


‘Taehyungie, Jiminie,’ an alluring voice echoed, ‘What are you doing?’ the voice giggled.

‘I’m searching for a four-leaf clover!’ Jimin’s voice resonated, ‘me too!’ Taehyung replied, ‘people said if we find and collect ten four-leaf clovers and we glued it to the window, god will see it and he will grant anything we ask!’ Taehyung explained excitedly.

Jungkook watched the video in silent, the twins were sleeping in their bedroom meanwhile Jungkook was watching the video under a thin blanket in the painting room. He watched Seokjin talking with their children in the video.

Seokjin moved his head from side to side, helping his children to find the flower, ‘what you two wish for?’ the omega asked with a gentle voice.

Both of the twins mumbled incoherent words for a moment and then grinned to their mother, ‘We pray for mommy!’ Jimin chirped, ‘For you to be healthy!’ Taehyung finished Jimin’s answer. Seokjin chuckled and kissed each of them, pampered them with chaste kisses.

Jungkook held his breath and covered his mouth to muffle his sobs, his eyes puffy and his lips swollen because he kept bitting at it. He missed Seokjin so badly.

‘Thank you, both of you. Mommy will be healthy for sure!’

‘Promise?’

‘Promise!’


DRIP

DRIP

DRIP

Jimin and Taehyung jolted awake from their sleep, the clock told them it was 6 a.m. on Sunday. Their blanket hung outside and started drenching because of the rains. Both of them widened their eyes and jumped from their bed.

“Appa!” they shouted beside Jungkook’s ear, the man flinched and fell from their shared bed, “it’s raining!” they screamed.

“What?” Jungkook remembered it was Sunday and it was his only free day in a week.

“Let’s see mommy!” they said, and before Jungkook can give a logical reply, both of them run outside with their waterproof boots but without their raincoat. Jungkook groaned and grabbed his umbrellas completed with the twins’ raincoat and small umbrellas.

“You two will catch a cold! Wait!” Jungkook shouted, three of them chase for one another to the abandoned tunnel near their home, “Taehyung-ah! Jimin-ah!” Jungkook sounded so frustrated.

He didn't have time to wear his coat, he wore a thin t-shirt and an oversized grey sweater completed with his black sweatpants. His sneakers gave a loud thump, he chased after his children who wore their thin pajamas.

The twins ran along the old railway, chasing something Jungkook knew wasn’t there. A small hope in the deepest part of Jungkook’s heart, he wished his children to find what they intended to find even when he knew it was impossible. He watched it with his own eyes when they bury his husband’s coffin.

Seokjin is dead because he chose to give birth to the twins, his body grew weaker and weaker to the point the sickness took away his life and nothing can change or bent that fact.

They passed the spacious short tunnel, Jungkook can see the familiar old station. The paints were so old, the twins with their matching raincoat and umbrellas ran to that station eagerly with Jungkook behind them. He hopes they wouldn’t cry until midnight when they find out the bitter truth.

It’s hard to move on, honestly, Jungkook will never accept the fact that his dear husband, Seokjin, was no longer with him but he needs to be strong for his children.

“Mom!” Jimin called, he ran to the station and searched for the familiar figure, Jungkook followed them.

“That’s weird, where’s mom?” Taehyung asked Jimin, the older brother shook his head, “maybe he is not here yet,” Jimin replied. They peeked to the old room in the small station, Jungkook sighed and looked down, waiting for his children to give up.

Minutes became hours, the rain had stopped several minutes ago. Three of them sat on the station’s terrace, “You two want to go now?” Jungkook asked.

“No! I’m not leaving!” Jimin pouted.

Jungkook fixed Jimin’s raincoat, “you two will catch a cold,” he said, reasoning them go back.

“I’m not going too!” Taehyung said before Jungkook suggested them to go back.

Jungkook stared at his children, the twins can be so troublesome sometimes, “something must have kept him from coming today, let’s come next time,” Jungkook pulled the twins to get up.

Taehyung and Jimin pulled their hand back, retreating and refusing to go back, “No! Mommy said he will come with the rain!”

Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, “let’s go home,” he lowered his voice and lifted both of the children, the twins were struggling to get free while screaming to their father’s ears.

“No! Let me down!” Jimin demanded.

“I want to meet mom!” Taehyung whined.

“Put us down! Stop it!” they pleaded but their father kept walking in the direction leading to the short tunnel, the only way to go home.

Jimin sniffed and Taehyung hugged the storybook Seokjin made for them, the mother penguin and the cloudland story. Jungkook kissed the side of his children’s ear, hoping his action will calm the upset twins.

He halted when he almost reaching the tunnel, the unfamiliar figure was sitting on the other end of the dark tunnel. He shuddered and felt his heart beat faster unexpectedly, “what’s that?” he said to himself. The twins turned around and saw the figure, Jungkook felt they were in danger because this location was old and even the local people rarely visit this place.

“Oh! It’s mom!” Jimin, being the one who has sharp eyes cooed happily. Jungkook covered his mouth, he didn’t want the suspicious person to wake up and attack them, he might not be able to protect the twins if they get a surprise attack.

Jungkook put both of them down behind the tree beside the tunnel, he gestured them to keep quiet, “Why? I also want to meet mom! I want to go to Mom!” Taehyung looked absolutely upset.

Jungkook covered Taehyung's mouth to quiet him, “You two stay here, I will go and check first,” Jungkook point at the tunnel, hoping the twins will stop being so stubborn and listen to him.

“No!” Jimin answered bluntly, thinking his father was cheating and planning to meet his mother alone.

“Jeon Jimin! Jeon Taehyung!” Jungkook called them with animalistic voice, the deep and scary voice of an alpha. Jungkook never use it before, because he hates how unfriendly and scary his voice is, it made his children flinched and remained silent for several seconds. When Jungkook was sure the twins understood him, he continued walking, approaching the stranger.

He entered the tunnel and the twins followed him, he hissed and grabbed their arms. Maybe his alpha voice wasn't that scary or the twins have their mother's rebellious spirit, “stay behind me!” he whispered loudly, the twins nodded.

One step, two steps, Jungkook stopped when he saw the figure more clearly.

“It’s mom right?” Taehyung asked.

“Wait-” he caught Jimin before that little kid dash to the stranger who looked painfully similar to the love of Jungkook's life, “Calm down, relax,” Jungkook said. More to himself rather than the twins, “he could be a ghost,” Jungkook told himself.

The twins eyed him, looked annoyed, “who cares? He is our mom,” Jimin spoke lightly.

Jungkook met the twins’ eyes, “Right ...” he started to consider going to a therapy.

“Mommy!!” the twins rushed to the stranger, the mysterious man was leaning to the tunnel wall with his head looking down, sitting there like a lifeless body.

“Jimin-ah! Taehyung-ah! Wait!” Jungkook chased after them, “No! Don’t touch him!” he ordered.

Taehyung and Jimin shook the unconscious man, the similar broad shoulder, “Mom!” Taehyung shook him again, the man crooned in pain and started to open his eyes slowly despite the harsh shake of the twins.

“Jimin! Taehyung! Stop touching him!” Jungkook’s heart raced, the familiar scent hit his nostril. The twins were mere kids, they weren't sensitive to scent, unlike Jungkook, who was an adult alpha. The scent made his inner wolf howled and wagging its tail. Was this a dream?

“Mom, wake up!!” both of the kids said in unison, more like shouting mixed with pleading to Jungkook’s ears.

The mysterious person opened his eyes and let out an uncomfortable wail. He slicked back his hair and looked at the twins and Jungkook with his perfect doe eyes.

Jungkook gasped and fell right on his , he gripped at the old railway because he needed something to hold onto in this kind of situation, and the twins eyed him in confusion even though Jungkook’s reaction was totally normal. Everyone will definitely freak out if they meet or see someone who died one year ago, looking as beautiful as ever.

Seokjin was sitting right in front of him, his ethereal husband wore a nice blue shirt and black trouser; completed with his expensive black long coat, “See? It’s mom!” Jimin scolded Jungkook and turned to his mom with a proud smile on his face, Taehyung hugged Seokjin without hesitating, same goes for Jimin.

Seokjin, Jungkook’s deceased wife eyed him with confused eyes meanwhile Jungkook already recovered from the shock. Seokjin broad shoulder crunched as he flinched when the twins embraced him together like koalas.

He pushed Taehyung and Jimin lightly to look at their adorable faces, he swallowed heavily and said, “W-Who are you?”

Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung exchanged glances from the corner of their eyes, seem to be as shocked as Seokjin himself.