Marked Secret

Derp: Winter Hearth Drabble Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the world Wendy and Irene are in, people would get a tattoo of their soulmate's first thought of them.

 

 

Wendy wondered sometimes how it would feel if she lived in a world where people did not know who their soulmates were. It sounded foreign for her. It would take a lot of time, patience, effort and money to find someone’s other half, which did not sound efficient nor fun.

 

Maybe it would not be too bad a world after all. She had seen books written about this world, had watched movies that depicted how two people found themselves in each other’s arms even without anything to guide them and as beautiful as it sounded, she could not help but to wonder if these characters had ever thought they were making a mistake as they said their vows.

 

Thankfully, she knew she made the right choice.

 

In her world, tattoos of words or certain drawings would appear on people’s skin the first time they met their soulmates. It would start as a tingle, and then as the drawing drew to completion, it would be an almost painful sensation that everyone could not help but to notice that there was an addition to their skin - and their lives.

 

The tattoos were the thoughts of their soulmates when their eyes first laid on their destined other. The placement was random; sometimes visible, other times well hidden. Woes be to the holders of wonderful marks when theirs were located someplace inappropriate for the whole world to see.

 

Wendy had seen a fair share of beautiful tattoos in her lifetime. She had seen ‘Butterfly’ etched along the side of Seulgi’s thumb, which was what Joy thought of her when they first bumped into each other. Then there was also the bright macaron on Yeri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter