Her Favourite

Derp: Winter Hearth Drabble Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two strangers on a plane got into an argument about their favourite superheroes.

 

“Good evening to all passengers in the flight, I’m your captain, Kim Se-jeong. Thank you for choosing Korean Air for your flight from Seoul to Toronto. We are honoured to inform you that we have two Heroes on board with us, so we are definitely in safe hands. The flight will take off shortly and I wish everyone will have an enjoyable flight. Thank you.”

 

Wendy smiled slightly at the announcement, feeling assured knowing that there was a handful of Heroes in the flight. Currently, aircraft hijacking problem had been on the rise and while the world governments were discussing on assigning a Hero for every international airplane, they still could not reach an agreement due to fear that some countries might use this chance to send Heroes to infiltrate and spy the others. Travelling due to personal business was allowed, but Heroes would have to go through a long and complicated process. At least the Heroes with flight power got some advantage for this rule, but they were still required to report as soon as they reached their destination.

 

"Oh my god I hope Wonder Wan is on the plane." Wendy heard the beautiful woman beside her exclaimed and she reached out, giddy to make new acquaintance.

 

"Hi, my name is Wendy. I see that you're a fellow superheroes fan as well."

 

"Hello there!” The woman shook her hand enthusiastically. “My name’s Joohyun. I’m a fan of Wonder Wan!"

 

Wendy laughed, trying to cover her embarrassment. “Really? My favourite is Iron Woman."

 

Somehow, Joohyun scoffed at the name. Wendy’s genuine smile disappeared, replaced with just a polite one she put on for the sake of professionalism.

 

"I think you should reconsider, Wendy-ssi. Iron Woman isn't even that cool? She's just Iron Man knockoff, clearly not as rich and has to depend on his advice on so many things."

 

Wendy blinked at the sudden attack on her favourite Hero.

 

"She even has to travel in commercial airlines, where's the amazing supersonic plane?" Joohyun added under her breath, which Wendy completely missed as she was completely heated up to defend Iron Woman now.

 

"If anything, that's even more impressive! She's the protégé of one of the Avengers, for god sake. They are the greatest team of superhero in our time! Don't look down on her intellect too! Her amazing decision-making skills always help to save many in pinch."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter