• t w o •

Fallin' All in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Patient was to throw a wooden stick across the ditch but accidentally threw herself into it. Early assessment, the wound is estimated to be 5 centimetres deep."

Sehun nodded. He looked over the 5 years old girl who was looking very clueless for someone who had a penetrated right underarm. "Please page Dr Jongin from paeds for me," he told the attending nurse. 

"Dr Jongin is in surgery room, doc." The nurse then replied, after paging the paediatrics department. 

"Any doctor from paeds will do," Sehun answered. He then approached the little girl named Juhee. "Hi, Juhee. I'm Dr Oh." 

The little girl blinked twice. "Hi."

Sehun knew that Juhee's parents were next to the bed, looking very worried but he had to question Juhee about her wound. Her armpit was covered by a rag to slow down the bleeding. 

"Can I ask you a question?" When Juhee nodded, he continued, "Did anyone push you down the ditch?"

"Why would anyone push her, doc? Can't you treat her already?", the mom asked.

Everyone could tell she was nervous, impatient and wanted her daughter to be treated quickly, but there are some procedures had to be done, especially when it involved young patients.

Sehun looked at the mother and pressed his lips into a thin line. He then looked at Juhee once again, demanding an answer.

"I don't think so." Juhee replied.

"Were you alone? Are you sure there's no one around?", Sehun asked again. 

"Excuse me, doc. Why are you questioning my daughter? Just give her—"

"I'm sorry, sir. This is part of a procedure, in case the patient was pushed or hurt by anyone. We need to listen to their answers, not you. Please cooperate." Nurse Kim came on the right time to stop Juhee's parents from getting angry. 

"Why do you have this stupid procedures? So troubling," the father mumbled.

"To ensure the patient is not abused by anyone, especially the parents. Now, please sit back and relax." Nurse Kim smiled before she left to assist Sehun.

"So you were completely alone then?"

Juhee stayed quiet for a moment. "My sister played far away from me. I was the only one in front of the ditch." 

Sehun nodded. He turned to see another girl sitting next to Juhee's parents. She was crying. Nurse Kim whispered into Sehun's ears, saying Juhee's sister was afraid she would lose Juhee. Sehun chuckled. 

Sehun turned back to look at the patient in the bed. "I'm going to clean the wound, and we will wait for another doctor to check on you, okay?"

Right after cleaning up the wound, a paediatric doctor came rushing to the emergency ward. He quickly looked for the bed 314. "Hey, Sehun. Sorry, I'm late." 

Sehun looked up to see the tired looking doctor, his hair was messy, his eyebags were so obvious, his white coat was stained. "Hey, Jongin. I thought you were in a surgery?"

Jongin took the health chart from Sehun's hands and had his lower lips bitten. "Surgery just ended. Another doctor could have had coming over but I just decided to swing by here." His eyes never left the chart.

"Did you already take X-rays?" 

Sehun shook his head. "I thought maybe you should see for yourself first," Sehun ruffled his own hair, pointing to the wound. 

Jongin then took a sit to examine the patient. Juhee was already fast asleep. "How deep?"

"Estimated, 5cm." 

"That's quite deep. Have you already injected tetanus?"

Sehun nodded. "We did, yeah."

"Cool. We'll have her do the X-rays and only then I can decide whether she needs to an immediate surgery or not. Let's just hope she had nothing stuck in her underarm." Jongin was really hoping for so. He had enough surgeries today, he couldn't do another one, since he was on-call today. "I'll talk to her parents, you help to move her into my ward."

"Aye, aye, sir." 

*

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter