• f o u r •

Fallin' All in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhwa was glad the guy she saw earlier didn't look at her. It could have been someone who looked like him, but there was still possibility of the man being him. Afterall, this world is small.

This was the first time she lived far away from home, so everything was really new for her. She boarded the underground train for the first time and almost missed her stop. Everything was so new to her. Back in Geoje, the only transport they had were bus. And bicycles. There were trains but the old-fashioned train. The ones that took at least two hours to reach the closest destination. No one really boarded the train and it only operated once a week. Mingyu always drove around whenever he needed to. So the underground fast train was really awkward for her. 

Speaking of Mingyu, Eunhwa wondered how was he doing. She hadn't had the chance to call Mingyu for the past few days. Eunhwa reached for her cellphone and dialed Mingyu's number that she had memorised by heart. It was half past twelve, he should be home by now.

"Hello, my favourite barista." Eunhwa spoke as soon as the rang stopped. 

"Hi, my favourite nurse." Mingyu replied on the other line. "How are you doing?"

Eunhwa chuckled upon his response. "I'm doing very good. Although I almost missed my stop today. But that's fine. The first time is always the bummer." 

"I told you to get familiar with the stations, didn't I?" 

"Alright, don't get angry on me." Eunhwa scoffed. "So, how's the new girl?"

Eunhwa remembered the new girl Mingyu brought in to replace Eunhwa's spot. She met the girl briefly before she boarded the plane. Her mother was pleased with the girl too, and she knew the cafè was in good hands. 

"Cute," Mingyu replied, short. 

"No way she's cuter than me," Eunhwa replied this time. She heard noises of plates cluttering in the background. "Why are you still in the cafè?"

"No one's cuter than you, Eun. We all get it." Mingyu laughed. "We have an event tomorrow so everyone's doing extra work tonight." 

"God, you must be busy. I'll hang up now," guilty flashed all over Eunhwa's face. Mingyu and the team must be so busy and she had the audacity to call Mingyu at times like this.

"No, no. Talk to me. I'm not that busy. I know you want to talk to me about something." 

Eunhwa sighed. Mingyu knew her too well. "Really? It's fine to talk to you right now?"

"What can I say? It's not like you have other friends to talk to. You can't possibly talk to Jaehyung, do you?" Mingyu chuckled. On the other side of the line, he was calculating paper cups for tomorrow and had his earphones tangling around his neck for support. 

"Rude, Kim Mingyu." 

"Tell me about it."

There was a few seconds of silence before Eunhwa opened . 

"I think I saw him today. At the hospital." 

Mingyu stopped calculating the cups. He asked one of the helper to help him while he walked out from the cafè and sat on the chairs outside. He unplugged his earphones. This was something quite serious.

"Mr Kim-rather-not-say?" Mingyu asked, as if he didn't know the answer already. 

Eunhwa hummed. 

"Did he see you?" 

Eunhwa shook her head. Forgot that they weren't video calling, she said, "No, he didn't."

"Are you sure it was him?" 

"I, I am not hundred percent sure. It could be someone else but it's in the hospital, Mingyu. It all makes sense if it was him. He studied medicine. I saw him in the hospital." Eunhwa groaned in frustration. "I really hope it wasn't him," she whispered. 

Mingyu sighed. "If it's really him.."

"If it's really him, I'm resigning." Eunhwa said. She gritted her teeth. She reached for her favourite pillow and hugged it dearly. 

"Hey, no. Don't do that. Look, Eunhwa. You're almost 26 years old. You're an adult. You can't possibly run away from your problems every single time, can you?", Mingyu confronted. He knew how much Eunhwa wanted this job and to see her resigning over petty matters, it just didn't feel right. "I've seen you fell apart and I also have seen you standing up for yourself. I have seen you growing up becoming a stronger Eunhwa. Don't be so weak over a guy, Eun. Never be so weak because of a guy." 

Eunhwa wiped the tears that almost rolled down her cheeks. She cupped to make sure Mingyu didn't hear her muffles. 

"Your mom, your brother, me. We will always be there for you. Just like the old times," Mingyu reassured. "I was there during your ups and downs. I can't see you breaking down again, Eun."

"Mingyu, I—", Eunhwa muffled. "Thank you for comforting me. I really don't know what to do without you, really."

"You can't live without me." 

"That's.... actually true," Eunhwa giggled. She took few seconds to regain her composure. Eunhwa cleared a throat for a few times when the silence began to rose. "I'm sorry I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter