• o n e •

Fallin' All in You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello, welcome to Goguma Café. What would you like to order?"

"Cold latte hazelnut, please." The customer said with a smile, already putting her card on the cash counter. 

"That would be 6150 won," the girl behind the cash counter replied. She took the card on the counter and flashed it in the card machine, before asking the customer to proceed with her payment. After that, she gave back the card and a buzzer. "We'll buzz when the coffee's ready." 

The order then informed to the barista behind her, who was in charge of all coffee machines and making and she helped to clean up. 

"Sales a bit slow today. Perhaps the weather is hot, a lot of people prefer to stay at home," Eunhwa said. She went to the sink to wash her hands after cleaning up the counter. 

Mingyu looked up at her and then around. He nodded. After he had done preparing the drink, he pressed the buzzer and the customer came to retrieve her drink.

Both of them stayed behind the counters, both leaning into the concrete walls behind them. 

Mingyu shoved his hands into his barista apron's pocket. "So, did you get a call yet?"

Eunhwa let out a sigh. "Not yet. It's been a month since I've sent my resumes and no calls from every hospital. That's a sign," she replied. She had her arms crossed over her chest. 

"I don't really wanna see you go," Mingyu said in a soft voice. When he realized she looked at him teasingly, he cleared his throat and continued, "I mean, I like working with you. You're a fun person to work with. Plus, if you're here, your mom wouldn't have to find another staff." 

Eunhwa laughed. "Little Mingyu wants me around, how cute," she teased. She tip toed to mess with Mingyu's hair, but he was too tall. Eunhwa could only manage to mess his bangs.

There was a silence — a comfortable silence between the both of them, where they just let the sound of soft music accompanying the whole store as Eunhwa and Mingyu stood there looking at the few customers around. 

Eunhwa couldn't be more thankful having Mingyu around. He made everything so much easier. With his height, he could easily push the shutter to open and pull it when closing the shop. If Eunhwa had to do it herself, she had to use the stick to pull it down. 

"Do you still think of him, Eunhwa?" 

They decided to grab a midnight snacks before going home, eating spicy rice cakes at a small stall near Eunhwa's house. Mingyu broke the silence bubble first. 

"Your ex-boyfriend," Mingyu clarified. 

Eunhwa looked at him for a second before she turned to look at the road they were walking ahead. The stall was already in their eyes before they knew it. 

"I suppose I don't. It's been too long since I last met him. That was during my first year in college. Heard rumors said he moved to another college after that and I never heard of him anymore since." She replied after ordering the food.

They found an empty table at the corner of the stall, a good spot to escape the loudness from other customers.

Mingyu nodded. He pressed his lips into a thin straight line before he opened his mouth. "Did you ever regret breaking up with him?"

Eunhwa curved a small smile. "Never. I was the one to break the relationship. I made up my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter