s e v e n

love scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days passed by like a breeze since the last outing with Hanbin. His mission of making up to Hanbyul seemed to work, as the said girl keeps on having the fancy hairclips on her head all day and night. My relationship with Hanbin has certainly gotten better since that day though sometimes he drives me up the walls with his constant teasing. I can say we are friends now and he would drive us home when he does not go out with Jennie. It made me uncomfortable at first, but after he insisted, I eventually agreed. Other than that, nothing really changes.

I sit at the gazebo at the backyard, all bundled up with a book in hand. My classes were cancelled since the lecturers have a meeting to attend with the higher administrative, so I am just spending my time relaxing at home. Just as I am about to flip to the next page, my phone beeps, indicating that I just received a text. It is from Jiwon.

Let’s go out.

Where to?

Ice-skating.

A frown forms upon my lips as I type in my reply.

I can’t ice-skate…

That’s the very point. See you, Hayi. 😉

 

 

“Where are you going?”

I startle once the question fills the air as I close the door behind me. Hanbin is still in his clothes from the night before, so I assume right away that he just woke up. He eyes me from head to toe before he raises his eyebrows. He takes a few steps ahead, standing in front of me. I instantaneously look up.

“Why are you all dressed up?” he asks again.

“I’m going out.”

“Why?”

I raise my eyebrows and look at him strangely. “Why?” I return the question to him, not because I did not understand the question, but because I do not understand why he asked me that. He innocently nods.

“Why not?”

At that, he gives me a ridiculous look. “Give me 5 minutes,” he orders while he walks back into his room. I stare at his retreating back in confusion. Just as he is about to close the door, I could not help asking.

“For what?”

Now he looks just as confused. “I’m coming with you,” he answers curtly.

“But I’m going to see-“ Jiwon… I only manage to utter the last part of my sentence in my head as he closes the door rather quickly.

 

 

I look at Hanbin’s back as he kneels to put his shoes on. He only dressed up in a sweatshirt and a coat on top with a pair of jeans. No gloves, no scarf, no beanie. Unlike me who have taken all the precautions to brave the cold. My eyes shift to the falling snow in which shows no sign of stopping soon as I ask him right away. “Aren’t you cold? I heard from the news that the temperature is going to drop some more today.”

“I’m not bothered by the cold,” he answers with a shrug as he stands up. “Anyway, where are we going?”

“Actually—“

“Hayi!” a very familiar voice that comes from outside the gate stops me from continuing my sentence.

I roll my eyes. “What’s with everyone and stopping me mid-sentence today?” I mutter under my breath as I eye the person beside me.

Hanbin gives me a confused look. “What is Jiwon doing here?” This is why he should listen to me instead of just making decision on his own.

Deciding to ignore him, I brush him aside and walk ahead to greet Jiwon. I open the gate and his smiling face meets my eyes. The thing with Jiwon is that, his smile is so bright that it really is a contrast to the gloomy weather that surrounds us. At that smile, I could not help smiling back at him. “Hey, Jiwon.”

“What are you doing here?” Hanbin interrupts as he too then stands before the gate.

“What are you doing here?” Jiwon retorts back.

“This is my house,” Hanbin answers in a matter-of-factly. “Now, what are you doing here? Go home.”

“I’m still here, you two…” I remind both of them.

Jiwon chuckles at my reaction as he softly pats my head. Then, with a different expression he showed me a few moments ago, he says to Hanbin. “I’m here to take my Hayi out.”

I swear I could hear Hanbin scoffs right then and there though lowly. “Your Hayi?”

“Yes, why? Do you have a problem with that?”

I stare at the two boys in front of me in disbelief. What are they on about now? Then, Hanbin turns his head to look at me.

“What is he talking about? Doesn’t he know that we’re going out together? Just the both of us?”

I heave a sigh. Oh, Hanbin…

I make a mental note to really make sure Hanbin listens to me next time.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter