t h r e e

love scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning, as I get dressed, I couldn’t help remembering what happened just hours ago. It is only 6:30, and if my counting is right, Hanbin should still be sleeping at this time. He did not talk more after I stopped him from explaining to me what really happened. I mean, I am curious but I think it is better if I stay out of it. After all, his family is just someone that is kind enough to provide me the necessities that I need while I study here. The least I can do is by not interfering in whatever business he is doing.

I go to the kitchen once I am done and I am surprised to see Hanbin is already there, looking fresh and wide awake. He is feeding Hanbyul the pancake and when he notices that I am there, he smiles softly, flashing his now noticeable dimple, before he focuses back on his sister. I greet them, before I too take the pancake and dig in.

“Do you have any class today?” Hanbin suddenly asks which causes me to look up from my plate.

“No. Mine will only start next week,” I answer before I continue. “How about you?”

“Same.”

And, that’s it. We continue eating in silence, only Hanbyul and Hanbin’s conversation accompanies us during the whole breakfast. I steal glances at the siblings from time to time, and then it reminds of the earlier event. Perhaps sensing that I keep looking in their direction that my food is left untouched, Hanbin turns to face me completely and startles me.

“Hayi,” he calls out. “Are you okay?”

I snap out of my thought. “Y-yeah.”

He chuckles. “Do you want to tag along? I’ll drop Hanbyul after this.”

“Let’s go together, unnie,” Hanbyul excitedly chimes in.

“Okay.”

 

 

“I have a question,” Hanbin says as he begins driving after Hanbyul entered the school. “Why didn’t you ask me anything about…” he trails off before he clears his throat. “About you know, last night?”

I turn my head to take a good look at him before I fix my gaze to the road again. I shrug. “Do you want me to?” I answer his question with a question.

He clicks his tongue. “Well-“

“It’s not my place,” I mutter as I fiddle with the seatbelt. “I mean, it’s not my place. Do you get what I mean?” I turn to look at him again. He takes a glance towards me before he focuses on his driving again.

“Totally,” he confirms.

“Should I expect to see you at 3 in the morning every night?” I tease.

He laughs easily. “I mean, if you’re up at 3 in the morning every night to get water then yeah.”

I can only chuckle at his response. “Where are we going?” I ask when I notice that he misses the junction to our neighbourhood.

“I’ll be your tour guide of the day.”

 

 

Hanbin, surprisingly, shows me many interesting places around Seoul that I only managed to see online before. He even brought me to the famous Han River and we took some time to cycle around through the cold, winter air before my stomach loudly, stupidly growls in hunger. Hanbin stares at me amusingly, which causes him to earn a glare from me. I shoot him a look, asking what’s so funny through my eyes.

“I heard nothing,” he says in order to calm me down though the playful glints are still evident in his eyes. “Let’s get food. I’ll bring you to the best fried chicken place in town.”

Less than 30 minutes later, two plates of fried chicken are placed in front the two of us. The good smell from the chicken is really tempting and it causes me to mentally drool. I put on the glove and start digging in. I look up from the piece of chicken in my hand to Hanbin and he is already staring at me, probably waiting for my approval. I nod my head as tears begin to form in my eyes.

“It’s really, really good!” I make sure to emphasize on the ‘really’.

He smiles in satisfaction before he too begins to eat.

“What course are you taking?” I ask him in the middle of our meal.

“Psychology.”

“Really?” I raise an eyebrow.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter