Another Encounter

Brother-zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk kept his promise by drove Moonbyul home, but she told Minhyuk to drop her at Yongsun's place instead. He tried hard to not asked much question but his mind somehow too loud. He secretly stole a glance at Moonbyul while driving to check her facial expression. More likely, he wait the right moment to ask Moonbyul about some things. But he didn't find any, so they both stay in silence until arrived at Yongsun's apartment.

"Can I ask something?" finally Minhyuk's voice broke the comfortable silence between them. Moonbyul didn't answer but she took a full attention to Minhyuk, she stared at him with curious look.

"Do you always there? You don't go home to your own place?" he knew because he's somehow often to saw Moonbyul back and forth at Yongsun's place. At first, he thought that was Moonbyul's place but turned out it's not hers. He's been curious enough until he had to asked Hyunsik but because Hyunsik didn't know much, he asked Hyejin instead. As Hyejin's words, that was her Yongsun unnie place and Moonbyul always- likely almost all the time stay there for what reason, Hyejin didn't tell. Moonbyul who heard his question could only sighed a little, she removed the seatbelt first before answer his question.

"Rules number 6: Keep each other privacy, no talk about each other private problem without mutual consent." she uttered again the rules within their agreement paper and threw a glare at Minhyuk.

"You don't want to tell?" asked Minhyuk again. Moonbyul is about to reply with something bitter but she looked at his sudden soften eyes. She rolled her eyes and stared at Minhyuk.

"It's not like I lived there. I went home too sometimes, I couldn't stand being alone that's why. And today I'm going to borrow Yongsun's washing machine to do my laundry. Because tomorrow, I'm going to Bucheon."

"Bucheon? Do you want some ride? I can drive you there." Minhyuk replied too fast and he somehow regret. He doesn't want to make Moonbyul feel burdened, he's been careful with his act but he's actually that bad at self-control.

"No, thanks. My manager will drive me tomorrow. Anyway, also thanks for today, to accompany me ate the pork belly." Moonbyul bid a good bye. She held the handle and about to step out from his car. But Minhyuk suddenly held her other free wrist to stop her moving.

"Wait, can you grant my wish?"

"What? I'm not.. Does the agreement is contained with, I had to grant your wish as if I'm your personal genie?"

"Just one wish. It isn't that difficult to do." he replied in a soft and gentle voice. Moonbyul silently cursed and shamed on herself because she lose that easily at him.

"Alright, just one wish. What's that?"

"I don't clearly see your smile today. I wish to see it before I go." Moonbyul's face probably changed to red because she coud feel her cheeks is burning. She tried to collect herself and remained calm for some seconds. Minhyuk still look at her eyes while he tilted his head to the side, he's expecting Moonbyul to grant his wish. Moonbyul cleared up that suddenly felt kinda sore. She took a deep breath while shut her eyes closed, opened her eyes slowly to look at Minhyuk right at his eyes, and finally smiled at him, a smile that she always did. It felt strange because she felt like it was scripted but whatever, she did the smile anyway.

"Only that?" she asked but Minhyuk is too immersed to stared at her face. Without he realize, he muttered "Beautiful" within his breath. Slowly he reached to her cheeks to pokes on it a little, that tiny indian dimple of hers.

"It's been a while, your smile is pretty, you should smile more. Thank you for grant my wish. Rest well and enjoy your trip at Bucheon, stay safe." Minhyuk smiled while still look closely at Moonbyul. He tapped her shoulder and gently gave a firm squished on it. Moonbyul smile again with a bit awkward laugh.

"See you!" she said before leave him who still stared at her. Moonbyul hurriedly to step out from his car and walked fast toward the building.

"Crazy jerk! How could he did that to me?" Moonbyul grunted all the way her walk while repeatedly patted her own chest. She's trembling because her heart was beating really fast, it suffocated her and made her difficult to breathe. While Minhyuk finally started the engine again after he couldn't see her on his sight anymore, to drove away back home.

[Two weeks later, some day in November]

After that night, Moonbyul didn't really meet again with Minhyuk. He was promised her to have a meet but they didn't. It turned out that Minhyuk is busy to prepare his upcoming album as well as Moonbyul too. That's how they both suddenly get forgot about the promise to have a meet more because they're too immersed when it comes to work. Moonbyul now took a rest after finished her dance practice session. She stared blankly at the mirror on their practice room while tried to catch her breath. Yongsun suddenly throw the towel to Moonbyul's lap really hard but Moonbyul doesn't even get surprised.

"Ya! Byul-ah!" Yongsun with her loud voice started to make a noise again. Moonbyul only reacted by lazily stared at Yongsun and let out another sighs.

"Why unnie?"

Yongsun also sighed a little before decide to sat beside Moonbyul. She gave a little playful punch on her arm, hope it would makes her a bit cheer up.

"What's wrong with you, hey? Something happen when I'm away at Gyeonggido?" asked Yongsun. She didn't get the chance to ask Moonbyul directly because Moonbyul has been at Bucheon almost two weeks. But she had to drag her back to Seoul because they need to record their new songs. While they've been busy with album preparation, Yongsun forgot too ask her again. They're always too focused when it came to work things. She thought being more busy would at least make you forgot a while about anything that disturb you, but she still saw Moonbyul being unusually quiet. She found it weird as well as her other members. Something surely has been happened and she really need to help her settle it down.

"You're acting weird. Wheeinie and Hyejinie is worried."

"I'm fine, unnie."

"Really? Are you sure?" Moonbyul looked again at Yongsun that now stared at her with a big pair of eyes that looks demanding, demand her to speak up.

"Tell me, something might disturb you lately, isn't it?" Moonbyul sighed again and started to turn her back so she could face Yongsun properly. She began to told all things that happen few weeks ago, including her meet with Minhyuk but not to mentioned any of the details of the contract.

"He confessed again? And then?"

"My answer still the same."

"Byul- why don't you just date him? You like him too, right?"

"Unnie, he will go to enlist soon." Yongsun shut and being in a sudden silence. She scratched her nape and started to collect a right word to said.

"Err- Changsub also will go to enlist soon, Hoya too but the date isn't out yet. I mean, Byul.. it's just an enlistment. Every guy had to do that, is it such a big deal? It might be only a few months, probably 18 months."

"Unnie... it's not that.. I don't want to experience the same breakup with him. I don't want to get separated and then being like a stranger because of that."

"Then don't breakup and keep going. You don't have to breakup while you wait for him to finish his duty, you could just wait. Make everything work between you both, you two should m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter