Part 3

Untitled

Two weeks passed after the incident at the café and last night, he finally returned to home.

I glanced at Jongin who slept beside me and he’s still asleep then I move carefully from the bed so I don't wake him up.

 

“Soobin-ah wake up sweetheart…” I kiss her on the cheek.

“I’m still sleepy eomma~”

“You should wake up or you might be late” I poke her cheek gently.

“Five minutes…”

“Did you forget, today we will celebrate your birthday with your friends at school right?”

She wake up and open her eyes widely, excited hearing the words ‘birthday’ but then she suddenly look gloomy.

 “Eomma~~” she whined.

“Hmm… Why?”

“How about Appa? He will come to my school right?”

I cupping her face and making an eye contact with her.

“Soobin-ah, you know your Appa is super busy right? Appa just went home last night shouldn’t we let him to take a rest?”

She pouted then I hug her.

“I promise we will celebrate your birthday with Appa, later baby” I said.

“Really?”

“Hmm… I’ll try to talk with him but not now, he’s so sleepyhead like you”

She giggled.

“Now, take a shower eomma will wait you here… I’ll pick a nice dress for my birthday girl”

She nods.

 

After I help Soobin to get ready, we are having a breakfast together while talking about the birthday gift.

 “Soobin-ah, you can eat by yourself right?”

“Ne~” She said as she munching.

“Good girl” I gave my thumb up to her and at that time Soobin suddenly looks excited.

“Appa!!” She exclaimed.

I turned my body and I saw Jongin walking to the kitchen to get some water. Soobin put down her spoon and run to his father .

“Appa… Today is my birthday, Eomma said we will celebrate my birthday later” she said as she tugging his pajamas.

Jongin glared at me as he gulping down the water.

“You said that to her?”

“Then what shall I say to her?” I walk closer to him and lower my voice.

Jongin sighed and suddenly bent down his body so he can meet Soobin’s eyes.

“Listen to me little girl, I really cannot make it to your birthday and don’t put your high hopes because I will never celebrate your birthday… I have so many works to do so I hope you understand that.” He said as he get up and back to the bedroom.

Soobin is about to cry but she lowered her head hiding her tears then she walks back to the dining table.

“Soobin-ah, wait here for awhile sweetheart I will talk with your Appa” but Soobin just remain silent.

 

I following him from behind and closed the door.

“What did you just say to Soobin? You know, you are too harsh this time Kim Jongin. Today is her birthday, and you’ve hurt her feeling right before she goes to school”.

“At least I tell her the truth…” he raised his voice.

“I know you really hate me but I beg you, not to Soobin, she doesn't know anything. You can loathe at me as long as you want but don't you ever do that to Soobin.“ I said as I walk out from our room then grab my bag and the car key.

“Soobin-ah, let’s go sweetheart we already late” I said while putting on her backpack.

“But appa….”

“He’s not in a good mood today, just let him alone. Are you ready to celebrate your birthday with your friends?”

She nods.

“Okay, let’s have today… Please put a big smile on your pretty face”

“Ne eomma~~”

 

At the Kim’s Company.

“Jongin-ah… my wife said today is Soobin birthday and they held a party for her but why you are here?”  Joonmyeon hyung suddenly entered my room.

“Oh hyung… “ I greet him but my eyes fix on the monitor in front of me.

“Yaa!! I talk to you little brat!”

“I know hyung, I’m a little bit busy today…”

“But your daughter…”

“Hyung, please… This morning I already had an argument with Hyenji about this, not again…”

“Yaa!!” Joonmyeon hyung look so pissed.

“Why hyung? Why everyone always blame me? You know I never thought of him as my daughter”

“Do you think if she could choose whose her parents were when she was born she would choose you as her father? She doesn’t deserve this Jongin-ah… She never asked to be born. Did you say Happy Birthday to her, at least?”

I shook my head “I forget… I thought that’s not necessary. The most important thing that I still responsible to her, I pay her tuition fee, I gave her all of her needs, that’s all.”

“ Is it because Ha Rin right? She managed to brain washed you.”

“Hyung, we’re not talking about her right now!”

“Jongin-ah… Don't forget, you can be as successful as it is now because of your wife. If she refuses this arranged marriage, I'm sure you've become a beggar out there together with Ha Rin.” with those last words from Joonmyeon hyung, he left my room without bid a good bye.

 

Soobin’s birthday party finished smoothly at her school.

I’m glad she looks happy and enjoying her special day with her friends.

 

“Don’t worry, she will be fine…” someone handed me a cup of coffee.

“Eonniee….” I startled when I saw Jongin’s sister suddenly came up.

“Surprise right?”  

“Hmm… “ I nods.

“I heard from Joonmyeon already… So I decide to come here. How about the gift? Did he buy something for her?”

“No… I have planned to take Soobin to the mall after school hours. Eonnie how about Eommonim and Abonim, did they know about this?”

“Off course not pabo…..” she teased me.

I sighed in relief.

“I brought some gifts for her in my car. From me, my parents and the big one you just tell her it’s a gift from her father”

“Eonnie but you don’t need to….”

“Hyenji-ah, she’s my niece after all and I…. I feel sorry to her” her voice shaking.

I handed her a tissue.

“Eonnie… You will ruin your makeup” I and both of us laugh together.

“You are right, It should be a happy day for Soobin and I don’t want to fill it up with our tears”

I nodded as I agree.  

 

Arrived at home.

"Kim Soobin is here~" She's exclaimed as she open the door.

"Soobin-ah, can you bring your gifts to your room and wait me there? I said as I put down the side dish from my mother-in-laws.

Just bring the big one sweetheart …” I added.

“Ne eomma~~

 

After washed up, I checked my daughter and I found she fall asleep, she even has change her clothes. I covered her with blankets before I left her room.

 

In the evening I accompany Soobin to finished her homework and study some school materials for tomorrow, unitl I heard someone unlock the door, it must be Jongin because nobody knows the password beside me and Jongin.

 

I'm so surprised because he's not coming home alone.

He bring that women to this house.

 

“Eomma, who is she? Why she linked her arms with appa?” Soobin whispered to me.

“I don’t know sweetheart… Let’s continue in your room” I said as I collect soobin’s book quickly. She nodded.

“Yaa! Hyenji-ssi, from today Ha Rin  will move here and she will sleep in my room. Right baby?” he said as he kissed Ha Rin  in front of me and Soobin, thank god I managed to cover Soobin eyes.

"You better move your stuff to your daughter room" he added.

I glared to him.

 “Eomma why appa….” Before Soobin finished her sentence I cut her words.

“You go to your room first okay, eomma need to talk with your appa” I said.

“Ne eomma..” she said, and went to her room.

 

After  I make sure Soobin left I approached my husband and his girlfriend.

“Sorry, but I really need to talk with my -I almost said my husband-  … I really need to talk with him, would you give me five minutes? “ my voice is pretty shaking.

fine… “ she answered.

I glared to Jongin “Just five minutes and after that I don’t care about you anymore” I said.

Jongin shrugged and walk into our bedroom. After he closed the door…

“So, this is what you are planning of?” I asked.

“What planning? Ah~ Ha Rin … Kind of. I could bring everyone here without asking your permission since this is my house anyway” he said.

Tears formed in my eyes. “You just want to hurt me don’t you?” I said.

“As long as I’m not kick you out from this house... Oh come on, don’t make me feel as a bad husband I’m not that bad. I still let you and your daughter to stay here, using the facility, using my car, and using my last name. Isn’t that precious too?”

I gasp and tears start to fall on my face.

“Just divorce me Kim Jongin, I beg you…” I finally say it.

“Divorce? I wouldn't do that, end of discussion it's five minutes already” he said and about to left me but he suddenly stopped and turned his back.

“Don’t forget from tonight you will sleep with your daughter” he added.

 

This is really unexpected. I mean, I never thought Jongin will be this bold. Is he insane or what?! Why he has to bring that woman in Soobin birthday. Oh God, what should I do? How shall explain this situation to Soobin?

 

“Eomma, I finished my homework” Soobin said as I open the door.

“Really? Aiiihh good girl, now you can watch your favorite cartoon while I’m checking your work”

I smiled when I checking her homework. She did a good job, no mistake at all. I put the book inside her bag.

 

While I’m organized my stuffs in her room Soobin suddenly ask me.

“Eomma, who is that Ahjumma? Why she is so close with appa? Appa even kiss her. He never kiss you..” Soobin said.

I gasped and gave her a bittersweet smile.

“Maybe appa love her?”

“But he has you, why he love that Ahjumma too?”  

“Someday you’ll know sweetheart...”

“But she took your room? She will sleep with appa?!” she raised her voice.

 “Soobin-ah listen to me, eomma is still appa’s wife and Appa will forever be Soobinnie appa. No one can change that honey… Trust me” I reassured her.

She’s giving me a hug and I can feel his little hands rub my back gently, as if she’s comforting me and I cannot hold my tears anymore.

 

I really have no idea how to tell the truth to my daughter because she’s too young to know how complicated her parents is. Let time reveal the truth Soobin-ah, for now I only want you to grow up as a cheerful and smart girl whatever will happen later.

 

2AM and I still cannot sleep so I decide to make a hot tea.

"You haven't sleep yet?" I heard someone talk to me. I turned my back and I found Ha Rin  there.

"Hmm.." I hummed.

"Can I have a tea too?" She asked.

I sighed as I give her a cup of tea then back to upstairs.

"Why you didn’t tell me you are his wife when the first time we met at the café?”

"It’s not your business I'm sure he told you everything, because that night he didn't go home I don't need to tell you where he was that night right?"

“Oh, so you know~”

“A wife instinct… Then may I ask to you, what is the purpose of you coming here, I mean moving to this house?”

“I’m sure Jongin told you about me already, right?”

It past midnight and I’m not in the mood to arguing so I leave her alone in the kitchen.

 

The next morning.

“Eomma…” Soobin called me.

“I’m here sweetheart, in the kitchen” I answered. I smiled when I heard her grumbling about her dress.

“Good morning Kim Soobin” I greet her.

“Good morning eomma…” she's frown.

“Why you greet me with that face? What happened sweetheart?”  I ask.

 “Eomma, this ribbon always loose by itself all the time and I can’t tie it” she scowled.

 I chuckled and approaching her.

“Let me see.... Done!” I said as I tie it.

“Eomma, Why you can do everything?” she asked.

“Huh? Do everything?”

“Ne~~ You can drive, cooking, sewing, help me to finish my homework. You are good in everything” she said cutely.

 I smiled and scooped her tiny face between my palms.

“It because of you sweetheart, you give me strength to do everything, even something impossible … “ I said.

She nodded as she understand. I kiss her forehead and hug her tight.

I  love you so much Soobin-ah…!!!” I said.

“Soobin too…. Soobin love eomma soooooo much!!” she answered.

“How about appa? You love him too right?” I asked her in return.

“Hu’um… Appa too, Soobin always love appa even though he doesn’t love me” she said.

“Huh? Who says he doesn’t love you? He love Soobinnie sooooo much” I said.

“And eomma? Do you love Soobin’s appa even there is that Ahjumma here?” she asked innocently. I gasped when I heard her question.

“Eh, I do sweetheart … Eomma still love your appa, I love him….. So much” I answered with shaky voice and without I realized my tears falls.

“Eomma are you crying?” she asked, worriedly.

“No… I’m not cry, it because my eyelashes. Now let’s eat. Soobin-ah shall we go to book store after you finish your school today?” I ask trying to divert her attention.

"Yes... Yes... I would love to eomma" she smiled from ear to ear. 

 

Yes sweetheart, now you know that I love your appa so much.. Even he doesn’t love me back, but I will always love him, sincerely.

 

Jongin POV

I just woke up and went to kitchen directly because I feel so hungry, but then I heard their conversation.

“How about appa? You love him too right?” She ask to Soobin.

“Hu’um… Appa too, Soobinnie always love appa even he doesn’t love me” Soobin said.

“Huh? Who says he doesn’t love you? He love Soobinnie sooooo much” Hyenji explained to her.

“And eomma? Do you still love Soobinnie’s appa even there is that Ahjumma here?” Soobin asked her.

“I do baby… Eomma still love your appa, i love him.. So much” said Hyen Ji.

 

DAMN! Her answer really make me feel uneasy. I shook my head and return to my room, suddenly I lose my appetite.

I lean my back on the door and shut my eyes, trying to forget what I heard earlier. I open my eyes and find a slim figure who lying on my bed. A woman slept peacefully there but she’s not my wife. I choose her instead of my wife, I hurt my wife but then I got a fact that she still love me even I brought another woman and let that woman sleep on her bed, my wife’s bed.                               

Why you have to said that Lee Hyenji!! Are you that stupid?!!!

I bang my head to the door.

“I can’t be like this…. She must be lying to Soobin. I know my wife, she wouldn’t say something bad about me to Soobin” I murmured but then I gasped, oh did I just say "my wife?” Geez, Kim Jongin you must drink a lot last night. I really need to catch a fresh air before my head going to explode.