Part 1

Untitled

 

"Eomma..."

"Hey sweetheart , are you awake?" I bent down and kiss her forehead.

"Hu'um... I am hungry" she whined.

"How about pancake for breakfast?" I winked to my daughter.

"Assa!!" she said as she run to dining room.

That's my morning routine, cooking breakfast, prepare lunch box for my daughter, her to school then I go back to home to do some house chores.

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Lee Hyenji a wife from well known CEO in Seoul Kim Jongin. From our marriage we have a gorgeous daughter her name is Kim SoobinMany people said I am the luckiest woman in the world because I married with the most handsome and richest man in Seoul, but actually it's hardethan they can imagined.

years of our arrange marriage it's really hard for me, my husband never really love me, the only reason he agreed with this marriage it because about the inheritance. And how can I be pregnant if he never loves me? That's an accident, blame that damn alcohol. One day he was really drunk after came back from nightclub and..... it just happened, then 1 month later I'm pregnant.

Our parents are so happy with my pregnancy, but they didn't know the truth.. They only know we are a happy couple and after my baby girl born, Jongin's attitude never change. I thought after I gave him a daughter he will change a little bit but it never happened.

He never hold her daughter even once. He said "I never want a child from you, so it's your responsibility to raise her". My daughter doesn't know that her appa hate her. She's too innocent to notice it, that's why she loves his father so much. She always try to get closer with him even sometimes she got yelled from Jongin but she never give up. One time, Soobin saw him just got back from his business trip then she run to him and hug him but he pushed Soobin away from him. That's the first time I got angry with him, I pushed him and pulled Soobin to my side but then he pulled me closer to his, I know he want to slap me but I whispered to him "You can slap me as much as you want but please not in front of her" then he look Soobin who stood trembling beside me.

It really breaks my heart every time I remember how hard Soobin tries to get closer with her appa, if she fails she will try again. She taught me a lot how I shouldn't give up, and I think she takes after me. She's indeed a tough girl and if you ask me do I love my husband? The answer is.... Yes, I love him and don't ask me why because love doesn't need a reason.

"Eomma, is appa still mad? Why he doesn't eat breakfast with us?" Soobin asked.

I put a hairpin in her hair, then caressing her face.

"No he is not sweetheart, he have important meeting this morning" I lied then smiled at her.

I hugged her tightly then kiss her on forehead.

"I think we should go now, or we might be late" I avoided another questions from her.

In our way, as usual Soobin busy with her iPad in the backseat. I smiled when I saw her reflection from rear-view mirror.

"Okay sweetheart, we arrived!"

"Eomma, can we go to eomma's halmonie house after school? I miss her and haraboji"

"I will ask your appa first, now go inside... Be good sweetheart " I remind her and kissing her right cheek.

"Ne eomma... Saranghae" she said and hug me tight.

"Nado saranghaeyo Soobin-ah..." I pat her bottom.

After I got home I continue doing house chores then I remember I need to ask Jongin about Soobin's request.

"Hmmm...." he hummed lazily.

"Soobin said she wants to go to her grandmother's house, my parents.. Can I take her there?"

"For what?!" Jongin raised his voice.

"She just miss her grandma.." I said softly.

"Tell her not today.." he said then ended the call quickly.

I sighed, is it too hard to say goodbye to your wife? Tsk..

Kim Jongin POV

"Who's that?" Joonmyeon hyung asked me while he sat down in front of me.

"Soobin's eomma...." I answered.

"Hyenji-ssi, how is she? I miss her".

"She's fine.." I quickly answer.

"Yaa, Kim Jongin you should treat her better ... She's your wife, your daughter's mom...Why you hate her so much?"

"I don't know I just hate her..." I shrugged.

"You got her pregnant don't you?"

"I never want a child from her.. That night was a mistake, I'm drunk".

"Then why don't you divorce her?"

"Divorce... Why should I ? As you said she take care of me very well then if I divorce her who will take care of my meal, clothes and my house. It's better to keep her, right hyung?" I smirked.

"Geezz... You're crazy bastard Kim Jongin, you said a vow in front of your parents and the priest!!" he said as he throw a magazine to me but I dodge it.

"I never meant it.. After all that's my parents mistake, they forced me to marry her".

"It because they knew she's a good woman for you. Aiisshh, I know you wouldn't hear me anyway, but you should be careful Karma does exist bro..." he said as he check his phone.

"Hyung, come on.. You don't believe that kind of stuff right?!" I start to feel uneasy.

Joonmyeon hyung stood then pat my shoulder "I'll see you tonight Kim Jongin... Don't forget Chaeri birthday dinner. I hope you will bring Hyenji and Soobin not the other woman, or my wife will kill you" he said as he left my room.

I rolled my eyes then sighed "Ne hyung~" I answered.

Around lunch time, I pick up my daughter at her school.

"Eomma, we go to halmonie's house right?" Soobin ask excitedly.

When I'm about to explain to Soobin my phone vibrate, a call from Soobin's Appa.

"Who's calling eomma?" she asked while tugging my coat.

"Appa... wait a minute sweetheart".

"Hmm, why?" I answer coldly

"Where are you now?" he asked.

"Soobin's school.."

"Eh... tonight Joonmyeon hyung invite us to Chaeri's birthday dinner"

"What time?"

"I pick you up at 6:30 PM... Don't make me wait!" He warned me.

"Hmm..." I said then ended the call.

Soobin raise her hands; trying to reach my phone. "Appa busy sweetheart, you can talk to him later...". She's sullen.

I pecked her right cheek. "You know what, tonight we will go out with Appa to Joonmyeon samchon house. We will celebrate Chaeri eonnie birthday".

"Really? Three of us..?!" Her eyes widened. I nodded.

"Asa..!!" she exclaimed.

"Now, we should buy a gift for Chaeri eonnie... Let's go!!"

"Go Go Go eomma..." she smiled widely.

My heart melted when I see her smile.. Tonight her dreams will come true, she always asked me when we can go out together as a family but I never answer that question. I don't want to give her hope, because I know Jongin wouldn't do that.

 

Jongin really keep his words, he came at 6:30 PM to pick us up.

"Appa...?!!" Soobin shout loudly then run to his father to greet him. I hurriedly go downstairs when I heard her greeting his appa, but I gasped when I saw Jongin try to make conversation with Soobin.

"Appa... We will go to Chaeri eonnie birthday?" Soobin ask cutely.

Joongin pat her head then caressing her face with his thumb. "Ne.. Where's your eomma?" he ask. Before Soobin answer his question, I walk closer to them then I noticed Jongin stare at me... warmly.

"Shall we go now?" he said.

"You don't want to change your clothes?" I asked.

"Should I?" he asked me back as he eyeing himself in the mirror.

"Hmm.. I already prepare it. I put on the bed".

"Alright, just wait a minute".

"It's okay take your time".

Is he really Jongin?!! Why he change so sudden? Why he acted so warm with me and Soobin? I should happy for that but I found it creepy. I shook my head and held Soobin's hand, lead her to sit down on the couch while waiting her father.

 

"Everyone ready?" Jongin shout as he walk down the stairs.

"Ready..!!" we said in unison.

"Great, let's go.." he said as he hold Soobin's hand.

On the way to Joonmyeon oppa's house Soobin cannot hide her happiness; she's singing, laughing and cannot stop asking her appa 'appa what is this, what is that and etc' I'm glad Jongin act so fatherly tonight he didn't yell or ignored Soobin's question.

Arrived in Joonmyeon's house.

"We arrived girls.."

I help Soobin unbuckled her belt, and straighten her dress with my fingers.

"Done, you're pretty now Soobin-ah...." I pecked her cheek.

"Eomma too..." she said. I blushed when she said that and I heard Jongin chuckling behind me.

"Why you chuckled?" I glared at him.

"How come you blushing when your daughter said that..."

"Uh, blushing? No I am not.." I lie but my face can't lie.

"Whatever, let's go inside..." he said then slipped his arm to my waist. I jerk my back when I felt his arm around my waist, but I try to act normally.

"Let's go Soobin-ah..." I grab my daughter hand to distract me from this awkward feeling.

Joonmyun oppa and Hanna eonnie welcoming us warmly, they're really look good together another perfect family.

"Annyeong Soobin-ah... Look at you, you've grown up so much and became pretty" Joonmyeon oppa lift her up.

She's giggled.

"Soobin-ah Samchonnie kisseu.." she kissed her samchon dearly.

"imonie too... imonnie too" Hanna eonnie added and Soobin also kissed her.

"Joonmyeon samchon, can I play with Chaeri eonnie?" she asked politely.

"Of course, your eonnie waiting you inside.. Go..go..go.." he said.

"Eomma.. Appa... May I?" She is looking at me and Jongin.

"Of course sweetheart" I said and she runs in a speed of light.

"I'm sorry she's too excited to meet Chaeri" I said

"It's okay. How are you Hyenji-ah... No wonder Soobin so pretty, I guess she takes after you" Joonmyeon oppa compliment me.

"Ah, gamsahamnida oppa.. I'm fine, how about you oppa?"

"Always good..."

"Eonnie..!!" I hug his wife tightly.

"Hyenji-ah... Look at you, you look gorgeous sweetheart?".

"Thank you eonnie.. You look stunning as well" I said. She smiled but then glared to Jongin.

"Yaa!! Little brat, you should bring her more often to Company Event" Hanna Eonnie pointed her finger to Jongin.

"Haha.. I will noona" he said.

"Okay, it's getting late we should start this party, get your daughter we will wait at dining room" Joonmyeon oppa said to his wife.

"Hmm.. don't forget the candles" Hanna Eonnie said.

"Ne..." he said.

I smile widely, how romantic they are as a husband and wife but it supposed to be like that right? Not like us. Hanna eonnie never know the truth about me and Jongin, that's why Jongin always well behaved every time we had family outing, gathering or something like that.

"Are you okay?" Jongin's words snap me in an instant.

"Eh, hmm.. I'm okay" I said.

"Let's go inside, it's cold here.." he said.

I smiled and following him.

Chaeri's birthday dinner is come to an end, in our way back home Soobin fall asleep already in the back seat.

"Thank you for tonight, you make her really happy..." I said softly.

"You're welcome... ".

Suddenly his phone buzzed. I looked outside the window to give him space.

"Hey babe...." My heart clench when he said the "babe" word, but to whom?

"I got it, I need to drop them first after that I go to your apartment" he said with wide smile.

When he finished talking, I pretend to fall asleep facing the window in my side to hide my insecure feeling.

Arrive at our home.

"I won't back home tonight, so don't need to wait" he said as he handed the sleepy Soobin to me.

"Something urgent in the office?" I asked pretend like I didn't hear his conversation on the phone.

"Just go inside don't forget to lock the door and the window..."

I nodded and saw his car disappear from my eyes. Where is he going? Why he said he won't come back tonight? I take a deep breath and went inside to our home, trying not to over thinking at least for tonight.