Part 2

Untitled

The sunbeam hit my face slightly and it makes me woke up. Oh, he really proved his words that he would not go home last night, I stare to the empty spot beside me. I shouldn’t feel this but for some reason it disappointed me.

Today I will meet my sister-in-law (Jongin’s sister) she said she's craving for some cakes but I know she has something to tell. Because I come earlier, I initiate to order some coffee and cake for us. When I’m about to pick up my order, someone bumped into me which made me spill my coffee on my clothes.

 

“Sorry…” he said.

I grab some tissue to wipe coffee stain from my blouse and then when I raised my head…

“Kim Jongin?!!” I startled.

“You?!!! What are you doing here?” He was also surprised to see me.

“I…. I… I’m waiting….”  I stuttered.

And suddenly there is a young woman approaching my husband with a worried face.

“Hon, are you okay?” she ask to my husband.

Hon?? He is my husband...!! How come you called him Hon?! I shout inside my heart.

“Yeah, I am fine… I just bumped at her” Jongin explained to that woman softly.

“Do you know her?” me and Jongin staring each other. 

Of course you know who I am, I’m your wife.. Tell her that Kim Jongin!

“No we don’t” Jongin said firmly.

“I’m really sorry for this, my boyfriend too clumsy” she said then linked her arm with Jongin.

“Eh, It’s okay…” I said as I walking back to my table as fast as I can.

I sighed then hide my face between my palms. I felt my tears dripping, but I quickly wipe it. I don’t want  Jung Ah eonnie notice it later.

 

“Hyenji-ah…  Sorry I’m late” said Jung Ah eonnie.

“Oh Eonnie, you’re here” I said as I hug her.

“Hmm… you wait me for so long right?” she look worried.

“No I’m not… I just arrived as well” I

“It’s a relief then. Oh, Hyenji-ah there is something I want to tell you but promise me you should stay calm okay?”

“Mm.. Okay, what’s that about?” I asked her, curious.

“This is about Jongin..”

I smiled and sighed “Eonnie, I just met him..”

“Mwo?!! When?? Where??” she widened her eyes. 

“Here, we bumped each other..” At that time someone walking toward us and greet Jung Ah eonnie.

Jung Ah eonnie?”

I gasp when I saw who approached us, she’s a woman who addressed my husband as her boyfriend.

“Eonnie, do you remember me? I’m Ha Rin .. Jongin’s girlfriend”.

 “Oh Hi, Ha Rin -ssi... of course I remember you, long time no see. How are you?” 

"I'm good, " she said as she hug Jongin's sister.  

“Oh, you are the one who bumped into my boyfriend right? You guys are friends? Wow, what a small world” Ha Rin said as we exchange the gazed. 

Jung Ah eonnie gasped as she glared at me.

“Hmm, that’s me… Sorry for that incident” I said.

 Oh it’s okay~  Eonnie why don’t you join with me and Jongin?” Ha Rin ask to Jung Ah Eonnie.

“Oh, it’s.........” Jung Ah eonnie suddenly stop talking because she see Jongin came to our table.

“Noona, you are here?” he looks surprised.

“Oh, I have appointment with Hyenji…”

 “Eonnie, I’m sorry but I think I have to go... I will call you later” I said as I grab my bag.

“Eh, but....”

I smiled and squeeze eonnie hand’s gently “I will call you later eonnie..” I said as I leave that place.

 

I make a quick steps to the parking lot and hurriedly open the car then lean my head on steering wheel. I can feel my tears on my cheek, until someone knocking the window. I sighed as I knew that’s Jongin who’s knocking my car window.

“We need to talk, would you please come out?” he said.

“What do you want?”

“You saw it right? She is my girlfriend. I leave her because I have to marry you“

Am I asking you to explain who is she?” I said, feel annoyed.

“No, but I want you to know that I love her not you. And I want you to give up on me, It’s impossible for me to fall in love with you.. That would never happen” he said, calm and sharply.

I was shocked with his words, he explained like nothing happened between us.

Oh wow, thank you for your kind and honest words... Don't worry, after this I wouldn't care about you anymore. You can do anything you want, happy?” I said as I get in on my car and left him in the parking lot. You bastard Kim Jongin!  I cursed inside my heart.

 

Kim Jongin POV.

‘Don't worry, after this I wouldn't care about you anymore. You can do anything you want, happy?’ Her words keep echoing in my head. I don’t know why but I felt unhappy.

Come on Kim Jongin, don't be ridiculous! You never love her, Lee Hyenji is nothing for you. She's NOTHING! 

I try to manage my expression in front of Ha Rin  and my sister.

“Ha Rin -ah, can I talk with my brother for awhile? Family matter..” she said to Ha Rin .

“Oh, of course eonnie... Babe, you better be good to your noona”

“Hmm... I will” I answered quickly.

My sister drag me outside the cafe, I know she will ask me about Hyenji.

“Yaa!! What was that about Kim Jongin?! What happened with your wife? She scolded me.

“Noona.. Please calm down okay, I will explain everything.”

“Just explain to me.. now” she said.

“I told her Ha Rin  is my girlfriend and I love her so I asked her to give up on me

“What?!!! What the.” She almost cursed on me but suddenly stop because all of people looking at us.

“Noona, I didn’t love her... I love Ha Rin .. I want her, only her” I said.

“I never thought you can be so cruel to her...for God’s sake  she’s your wife  Kim Jongin”

“But it just arranged marriage...” I defend myself.

She messed her hair, feel frustrated.

"Eommoni & Aboji arranged your marriage because they know she's a good women for you Jongin-ah and please consider Soobin's feeling. You will break her heart, can you imagine that?!!"

"Noona, I said many times I DIDN'T LOVE HER and I DON'T CARE about her feelings and her daughter! I Love Ha Rin  and I just want to spent my life with her, not with that woman and her daughter"

"Fine... It’s up to you Jongin-ah but you should remember this, regret always comes last so I hope you can think about it again” she said as she patted my arms then left me.

 

Hyenji POV

‘It’s impossible for me to fall in love with you… That would never happen’  that words keep echoed in my head.

“Eomma..” Soobin’s voice awaken me from my complicated thought.

“Yes sweetheart, why?”

“Eomma are you okay? You look pale... “ she said as she placed her palm on my forehead.

I chuckled and hug her. “I’m okay.. Why? Do you want to eat something?”

She shook her head.

“Sweetheart, you can play by yourself right? Eomma need to cook something for dinner”

“Hmm.. It’s okay eomma”

I messed her fringe and went to the kitchen but then my phone ringing ‘Kim Jung Ah'.

"Ne eonnie.."

"Hyenji-ah, where are you?"

"At home, why?"

"Hyenji-ah, about this afternoon...."

I knew what she wants to talk about so I cut her words.

"Eonnie, I'm okay... You don't need to worry about that"

"Really? Can I trust you?"

"Sure..." I reassured her.

"If you said so... Send my kisses to Soobin"

"Hmm I will, drive safely eonnie"

"Ne.. "

 

When I'm about to put down my phone, I received a text from Jongin.

 

'I won't go home tonight'.

 

I know he wouldn't go home, especially after today's incident in coffee shop but I'm glad he still text me, that means he still thinks of me as his wife.

 

I smiled and reply..

 

'Noted'.

 

That day end up just like that, Jongin doesn't come home tonight (again) and I think I know where he is. Sometime, I feel I want to give up with this marriage but then I remember I still have my daughter, Kim Soobin she's the only reason for me to stay strong no one else.