CHAPTER 3. My (not so) home sweet home.

THE PERFECT LIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay. After you all know about my ing miserable past life - that I prefer to keep it tagging on my mind about certain people, a.k.a celebrities,  unfortunately, this celebrity wannabe, Kwon ing Jiyong did pick me up when the hospital gave their green light for me to go home.

Home.

I feel so relieved when finally I could be in the place where I felt safe. I already tired of all the hospital routine, especially to the nurses that always asks questions about those two popular men that had been visiting me. People thought that they were truly my friends then start asking silly questions like confirming who dated who, or what kind of person they are, worse they even ask me what type of women they like. And when I always give the same boring answer, “I don’t know” they start to look at me like a newbie snob that doesn’t want to share some gossips to spread.

And after arguing with him about the hospital bill in front of the cashier teller, that was won by me but not my now empty saving in my bank account, there’s another problem occurs.

My simple little apartment or you could call it a studio room, was placed in the third floor of an old building without elevator facility that now I stare at it longingly from outside of the building after five minutes of difficult escape (and holding the pain from my still fresh burned skin under my short) from the front seat of Kwon Jiyong’s car, I wonder if I ever make it to the first floor.

I think Kwon Jiyong also notice my worries but he wisely just wait for me to image the problem.

“So?” he finally opens his mouth after several minutes past asking if I finish calculating the imaginable pain I have to endure if I want to be at my studio step by step of the ing stairs.

I kept silent, still arguing with my mind how am I suppose to fix this problem.

“Should I piggyback you upstairs?” he offers me a solution that replied by my ‘are you nuts?’ looks, so he shut his mouth again.

“I can’t go upstairs with my condition,” murmuring and that gorgeous man nodding, like it was a brilliant conclusion.

“Maybe I should call Suzie…” I try to reach for my cellphone in my short pocket with my good hand, the other hand still badly injured, the doctor keeps the bandage on.

“Who’s Suzie?” Kwon ing Jiyong asks.

“My friend. She’s on the first floor.”

“You said you didn’t have friends!” Suddenly that man cried out a little bit loud make me jump on my feet. Geez… what’s is his problem anyway?

“I told you I didn’t have roommates! I do have friends, lots of them.” Okay, now it’s a bluff. I don’t have many friends, some of them didn’t want to get along with me if not for copying my homework. I have a very smart mouth, remember?

So I call my closest friend Suzie and damn her because she didn’t answer it. I try to call several times and start to see the smug on that ing celebrity wanna be face already.

“Look. I have an idea. How if you just drop by at my apartment for a while and you can call your friend again later, maybe she’s a little bit busy right now,” he finally said what in his mind.

“Thanks. But NO thanks,” I stressed the word ‘No’ sharply. Kwon Jiyong sigh, but then he still waits for me to finally give up to make a phone call. I curse to Suzie and I curse to my weak leg that still felt the hurt from the burn it should make me shift my legs every five seconds.

“Come on, Lee Seungri. Please. Don’t push yourself like that, you’ve just out from the hospital, I heard doctors said you have to take a rest and not having unnecessary movement yet.” That man opens his mouth again, arguing my stubbornness.

Frankly, I don’t have any reason to argue against him except my hurt pride. So because of my condition, only because of that, I swallowed that ing pride.

“Just a drop by. I’ll leave this afternoon after I can reach Suzie.”

Kwon ing Jiyong nods his head in agreement. And then, I turn my body again and try to climb to his car seat for the third time for this week so he could bring me to his apartment.

The journey to his apartment takes about 40 minutes in not so hectic traffic, it must take a longer time in the afternoon. The car slowed down when entering the basement parking lot in one of the new apartment buildings in the center of Seoul. I try not to be so fascinated with that area, but it’s hard to do. And how this man could have such an apartment while he’s not even debuting?

I slide off the car seat quite smoothly and standing in front of an elevator. I forgot that I should bring my duffle bag and finding that Kwon Jiyong already has it on his hand.

He surely knows that I will be protesting so he walks in front of me while smiling so brightly. Damn, why on earth he should be this handsome…

I walk slowly to cross the space between his parking car to the elevator where he already stands and waiting for me. It was coincidence or what, but the door opens when I got myself there, so we ride the box up to that man’s floor.

“Come on, my apartment is on the right side,” the first sentence I heard after an hour of silence when the elevator ding and stop to the seventh floor. I drag my legs to follow his slow step. He opens the door with sets of keys from his pocket and holds it while he enters the room.

I’m standing outside the doors and look at the view before me. It was a huge apartment compared with my studio room. From the place I stand, I could see a large glass window 20 meters ahead, a chandelier of beautiful classic glass made hanging on the ceiling, a set of a comfortable grey blue sofa placed as a livingroom.

“Seungri’ah… Come on in,” that may be already a celebrity - base on the apartment he has, called me.

“Is this your home?” I stupidly again asked.

Kwon ing Jiyong smiles his gorgeous smile, showing his pink gum.

“Neaah… it’s a lend from the company. How can I afford this?” he said nonchalantly as he put the set of keys on the small bowl on the large cabinet full of YG Entertainment trophies. I step my self slowly down to the grey-blue sofa and sit there and it feels so good. I didn’t realize how tired I am after a long ing journey from the hospital to my apartment but then landing here in Kwon Jiyong’s place.

“Do you want to drink something?”

I turn my head to find the source of Kwon Jiyong’s voice that was behind me, there are set of kitchen and dining table set in that area and he was standing before an opened refrigerator.

“Water is fine.” I finally answered. That man holds two bottles of mineral water and jogs a little to the sofa where I sit and start mesmerizing the place again.

“YG Entertainment surely treasures you so much giving you this place to stay.” I didn’t mean to say it cynically but it sounds like that, blames my mouth, my tone of voice that tunes to that style.

Kwon Jiyong shrugs his shoulder and drinks the water with a large gulp, I could see his adam apple moving up and down ily… ! What the heck I’m thinking about? And it’s too late for me to change my stare as that man noticed that I droll over his neck.

I thought he smirks at me or something, my face flush and triggered at once, mind my self-defense then.

“What?” I bark at him. He just rising his eyebrow and looks at me funny.

“What is what?”

“Don’t look at me like that!” And Kwon ing Jiyong laughs out loud.

“Excuse me, but that phrase is mine. You’re gawking at me actually,” he said innocently.

“No . You and your swell headed mind.” Sharp mouth, hell yeah. But Kwon Jiyong just grins at me, the way he looks at me like five years tantrum boy with a bad mouth.

“Why you always talk like that?” He asks me a question that makes me shut my mouth. As I didn’t answer, he shifts his seat so he can get a better look at my face.

“Why Seungri? Do you hate me for always snapping at me all the time you talk to me? Because if you think that I’m going to back off then you’re wrong,” he said again softly.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me but my chest aches because the heart is beating so fast and hard.

“I always talk like this.” I hissed pretending to open my already unsealed bottle cap help by that man and sip my water. I see him smiling.

“As you wish, I won’t push you to act differently. I think it’s cute anyway.” He said before laughing while I sneering at him annoyed. I don’t have a chance to spat at him because his cellphone rang and he pulls it out his jeans pocket looking at the caller id.

“Excuse me, I have to answer this.” And he stands to walk away from me.

I heard him talking on the phone with someone who confirms the canceled meeting schedule that he should attend because picking me up from the hospital, and I realize that it might be an important meeting that he has to call off it makes me uneasy.

But that man seems to act as it was okay with everything, so I try not to think much about that. It’s his problem, I told him already not to trouble himself about me.

After finish talking, Kwon Jiyong approaches me and sit in his previous vacant place.

“I’m sorry it seems that I have to go out for a couple of hours, do you mind if you stay here while I go?”

“I might better off too…” Kwon Jiyong frowned and shook his head,

“No. You stay.” He ordered like I’m a lap dog before continuing his words,

 “I like to have you here and I will drive you to your friend if you can reach her later, deal? Or should I call Youngbae to accompany you here?”

“I don’t wanna bother you,” I answer flatly, but that man only smiles and I don’t know what on his mind but he dare to stretch out his hand and ruffle my wavy hair that startled me. His touch was soft, but I glare at him sharply and keep my head off of his hands.

“No, you’re not. Well, if you excuse me, I should run to that meeting for a couple of hours. Make yourself comfy while I go, okay.” He then moves to the cabinet and gripping his car key. He even winks at me before closing the door.

Damn.

I count of deleting my intention to leave or stay at his apartment for the twentieth time before my cellphone ring and I found Suzie id show.

“Ri? You call me?” I heard the first sentence and my perfect cynical answer just in the tip of my tongue when I heard her next words.

“My dad collapsed at his work yesterday, I should go back to Paju and accompany my mom in the hospita

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter