Chapter 2: Friend #1

Friend Zoned

Ahhh lunch, wonderful, delicious lunch. I honestly don't get why people don't like school lunches. Like, they're not that bad. You people just have a way to high of a standard. Food is food, either you eat it or not. If it goes into the mouth, no complaining. Since I was the new girl who came two weeks into the school year, I figured that I would have a hard time finding a spot to sit. People assign themselves a seat, claiming it's theirs. I'm pretty passive and I like to keep things in order, so I like to leave people alone find an empty table, and sit there. One thing I did not expect was someone to invite me to sit with them. I personally don't like new people, maybe its just the fact that I don't know them that I don't like. I don't know.

I just finished getting my food and was looking for a place to sit. Looking around, I then saw the girl that help point me to the office this morning. She was sitting alone, so I decided to sit by her.

"Hi, I'm Tammy, nice to meet you," I say as I sit down, "you're the one that helped me this morning right?"

"Yeah," she says in a quiet voice,

"I should thank you again for helping. Without your help, I would've been lost!"

"Oh, it's no problem." 

There was then an awkward silence. Only hearing the chewing noises from both of us.

"So do you always eat alone?" I ask she did seem kinda sad.

"Yeah, I just transfer here a week ago."

"How about we be friends? We could help each other out, you know?" I was kinda lonely, and I felt bad that she didn't have any close friends she could really talk to yet. "Mind if I ask your name?"

"Abi, Abi Vixen,"

I move to the seat next to here, "You're now my best friend and I'm yours whether you like it or not!"

I see her smile a bit which was comforting, we then spent the next few minutes telling a little about yourself and headed to our next class. I knew I had made a good friend.