Chapter 1: Newbie

Friend Zoned

I walked up to the schoolyard with my head down so that no one would notice me. I really don't like people noticing me, but I felt like doing that helped. Which I hope I won't meet any, they were the reason I got expelled last time. Walking across the schoolyard, I was tugging on my skirt. 

Ugh, this skirt is killing me! It's not even that short, but I guess I'll use to it. Never. Plus I'm wearing spandex under so no accidents!

I walk into the school and ask this nice looking girl, "Do you know where the office is?" 

She replied very kindly. "It's down the hall and to the right." 

I thank her and make my way to the office, making a mental note to befriend her if I ever see her again. 

I found my way to the office and asked the nice lady sitting at the front desk "My name is Tammy Le, I'm new here, may I get my schedule?" Heres the thing, I practiced that one sentence the whole time I was walking across the schoolyard.

Smiling brightly at me, she said "Sure," and started typing on her computer, after a few moments she printed a piece of paper.

"So here's your schedule, your locker is upstairs, and we have homeroom first twenty minutes every day, so you can go there now. Your homeroom is 109."

"Thanks," I say and head out with a smile.

"Room 109," I mumble to myself, I thank her and made my way to class making it there just as the bell rings. 

"Ah.." I look seeing a teacher smiling brightly towards me. 

I smile back awkwardly as he says, "You must be the new student, welcome to room 109. I'm Mr. James and I'll be your homeroom teacher for the rest of your years here, and I'll also be your science teacher. Nice to meet you, and you must be Tammy. I looking forward to the year with you." 

"Yeah, nice to meet and I'm looking forward to this year with you too," I say awkwardly.

Mr. James continued "You can sit right there next to Dawon." 

As I was walking to my seat, Dawon gave me a wave and I waved back. He had on the same thing all the others boy had on. But he seemed very goofy, so I felt like I could be comfortable around him.

As I sit down he greets me, "Hi, I'm Dawon, the unofficial class clown. Nice to meet you." 

I give a little smile to him and responded, "Nice to you too, I'm Tammy." 

I was looking over my schedule when I notice someone familiar. I look over to my right to see Zuho. I quickly turned away afraid to make eye contact. I haven't seen him since 7th grade before I left to boarding school. We traded phone numbers then, but we barely talked after a few days, and I was surprised that I recognized him after all this time.

Then, I got a text from Zuho.  

You remember the cafe, next to the cake shop where my mom would buy us cakes? 

Yeah, I quickly type back making sure the teacher didn't see.

See you there tonight. 

And that was the end of our conversation. I'm just saying, I'm honestly surprised he still had my number, and you might be thinking why I still had his number. It's because I never clean up my contacts, so there's probably still some random people I don't talk to anymore still in my contacts.  I really need to go clean up my contacts.