Chapter 2

The Promise

2 years later

 

 

"Wait! don't leave me again" Minjoo said while trying to catch up with the person’s pace in her dreams. However, it seems that the more she came closer to her the more the person she is chasing goes back further away. She was trying to reach her but suddenly ...

 

"CHAEYEON!" Once again she woke up with a nightmare. This has been happening since forever. Since that night. She never overcome it, no matter how hard she tries. It just keeps on haunting her. Maybe she was the one at fault, maybe she should have tried harder to convince Chaeyeon to stay with her, maybe she will still be here with her. 

 

Minjoo went to the window side of my bed room. A lot has change since then. She is now living a wealthy life since my father took her and her mom back. It is been two years since she came here in America. Mr. Kim, the father she knew since she was little was also faced with the same tragic fate with Chaeyeon. Her mother always say everything happens for a reason but she doesn’t believe her; what could be the reason behind her death? For her to suffer? 

 

Minjoo probably would never  notice that she was staring outside her window for that long if it weren't for her mom loud knocking on her door. "Minjoo! I know it's summer but we have to discuss something!" 

 

"Give me a minute!" She replied while skipping to my bathroom to do her morning routine. She really hates it when people don't brush their teeth in the morning. She looked at the mirror and saw her lifeless self. “When did I become so dull and sad? She asked her self that was accompanied by a very sad chuckle, “you know when, idiot”

 

 

She went down and went to their dinning area. She saw her mother cooking pancakes and bacons. Her dad likes them. She don't. She always thought that it was too heavy for breakfast. She have always loved eating cereals in the morning. She saw her father walking towards them while having trouble fixing his tie, as always. Her mother always does it for him, just like this moment.

 

"Good Morning, honey" Her father kissed the top of her head "morning" 

 

"Ma, what is it that you were saying?" She asked her mother while she shoved spoonful of froot loops in . "Manners, please. Anyway, your dad and I decided to move back to Seoul. Your dad has been relocated again. And it will be a really big help if we live there."

 

She choked on her cereals. Seoul?! Why? She never wanted to go back there. That place holds a lot of memories she wish to burry forever. It brings back a lot of bad memories. And being there without her just doesn't feel right. 

 

"Why there? isn't there any town that is much convenient for us?"

 

"Cmon, it's nice there and your therapist told me that it will really help you to face your fears, for you to overcome it. It's practical."

 

"what fear?" She asked as if she doesn’t know what her mother is talking about. Where in fact she really know what is it. When she was younger she had it worse. My parents would always wakes up in the middle of the night hearing me scream her name and won't stop till I feel drowsy.

 

"You know what I'm talking about, baby" 

 

"Besides you car has been delivered already there" Her father smirked at her, catching her attention quickly.

 

"My what?" She have always begged them to give her a car since she can remember but they always say that she hates cars because of what happened but she doesn’t , she loves driving.

 

Maybe it is really time to moved on and face what she is afraid of.

 

2 weeks after

 

A lot has changed since the last time she was here. There's more stores around and children playing around. Or maybe nothing has changed at all. I don't really know since all she really cared about back then was her. Everything didn't matter as much as she did. 

 

Her room was nothing but a plain canvas; waiting to be filled by different things, colors or anything that will make it alive. Just like her. 

 

She looked at the wall mirror before her and looked at her figure, damn she looked too thin for her own liking. When she turned around she saw a stain of blood. , what day is it today? she thought. She went to her purse and got the last piece of napkin she have left. 

 

As she was walking by the street, she saw a lot of children goofing around and mother's that are gossiping, god knows what they're talking about. As she entered the store, the smell of alcohol welcomed her. Rubbing alcohol. It smells really clean in the store. 

 

As she was searching for what she was  looking for, she can hear bunch of teenagers calling her. She ignored them. This is one of the reason why she hates teenagers. They're disgusting and so full of themselves. Ironic. She thought.

 

"Hey, pretty young thing! Are you new here?" 

 

"Do you wanna hangout?"

 

"We can grab some lunch!"

 

She ignored them with all her might. They make her so uncomfortable. She found what she was looking for and was ready to go when few girls enter the store and one of them shouted "Leave the poor girl alone!" The girl with really black hair said as she sat on the lap of a woman with a baseball cap.

 

"The name is Eunbi! Are you new here?" said by the black haired girl while putting away her gum using a table napkin.

 

"Yeah, just moved it and my name is Minjoo"   She told Eunbi while she walks to the cashier.

 

" Nice to meet you Minjoo, sorry for these ladies. They get naughty most of the time but they're harmless! I'm Yujin by the way! This is Wonyoung and Yena" They all waved at Minjoo and she did returned the favor. Surprisingly

 

"Where's Chaeyeon?" She froze when she heard that name. That can't be right. Maybe she was another person with just the same name, she thought and laughed to herself. 

 

She was about to walked out of the store when the receipt flew from her hand so she tried to grab it from the floor and when she stood up,  her face was only few inches from her.

 

"Easy there tiger" Her voice sounded the same but at the same time different. Minjoo stood there, frozen until the girl snapped her finger in front of her. "Hey, Are you okay?"

 

Minjoo just nodded. The girl went to her friend as Minjoo walked outside. But she was gone... isn't she? Minjoo thought. 

 

"Chaeyeon... you're alive?" 

 

 

 

 

~~