CHAPTER 1

The Promise

First Year of Friendship 

"you're being unfair!" Minjoo whined as she rode the back of Titiana. They are at the Lee's garden playing around on a beautiful Saturday morning. Chaeyeon brought the younger girl down carefully afraid the she might hurt her or something. "Why is that?" 

 

"Because you always carry me in the back! I don't like it!" Minjoo crossed her tiny arms and looked at her playmate. Chaeyeon stared at her confused, really not knowing why the little thing in front of her was upset. "I wanna carry you too" Minjoo said while playing with her brown hair and shyly turned her face to the right, too embarrassed to look at Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon smiled at the confession of the 6 years old girl. "You're not strong enough to carry me" She teased the younger girl. "Hey! Who said i was weak?!" Minjoo tackled Chaeyeon and tickled her using her tiny hands because she knows that the older girl was very ticklish.

 

"oh-oka-okay! i give up!" Chaeyeon said while placing her hands at her stomach. "When you grow up, I'll let you carry me." She said while walking towards the mansion. "Promise?" Minjoo asked as loud as she can to make sure she was heard,

"Promise!".

 

Third Year of Friendship

It was Chaeyeon's 9th Birthday party, she was supposed to be entertaining her guests and relatives but Minjoo pulled her away from the crowd and went to her room.

 

"Hey, whats up?" Chaeyeon asked the brown haired girl while looking at her searching something from her pocket. "Happy Birthday Chae!" Minjoo excitedly handed her a box, when she opened it she saw a beautiful gold pendant with a letter M. "Minjoo, i taught you how to spell my name" she pouted at Minjoo. 

 

"it's the first letter of my name dummy! See I have one too with a C! So that we will never forget where we belong" Minjoo said while grinning as she turned Chaeyeon around to put the necklace. "Never forget about me okay" she said while giving the birthday girl a hug, "I promise."

 

Fifth Year of Friendship

"ugh! I don't get it! I hate Math" Chaeyeon whined as she flopped into her bed while placing her hands on her face in frustration. "Really, Chae, all you have to do is multiply." Minjoo said while sitting on the edge of the bed removing the hands of the frustrated girl from her face. "Ugh I know! but the addition part that comes with it is such a pain in my " 

 

"you don't have an ." The younger girl was shocked when she said that, so is Chaeyeon. "Wow, you're an " Chaeyeon turned her back on her and pretended to be mad "Hey, I don't have an too ! " Minjoo said trying to fix the damage which worked because she heard the green-eyed beauty chuckled. "Just promise me you'll try your best to pass this Math exam for me please" she said while going back to the study table "I promise."

 

Seventh Year of Friendship 

Two girls were sitting under a tree without speaking. The awkward silence is getting too thick that Chaeyeon cant handle it. "You know what it's not your fault that he is a " Minjoo bursted laughing  upon the word that her best friend used, not really used to her using such bold words. "I don't know, I mean should I give him a try? Besides, He's willing to return me to my mom when i reached 17 if i didn't like living with him" Minjoo said while looking at the older girl waiting for an approval. She didn't exactly know why she wanted Chaeyeon to say she didn't want her to go. "I don't know but I think it's a great idea if you get the chance to know your real father"

 

Chaeyeon didn't want to let her think that she was too clingy, that's why she told her that it was a good idea but in reality she doesn't want her favourite person to go. 4 years is a long time. She don't want to lose her world. But then Minjoo stood up then said proudly "You know what you're right, everyone deserves a second chance" The younger girl started to walk back when suddenly a pair of hands was wrapped around her waist which shocked her but then she relaxes. She love getting hugs from the older girl; it's warm and always felt like home. 

 

"Don't go please, you're better off here, you're better with me. Please stay, I'll never leave you."

The younger girl didn't know why but tears streamed down her face but was swiped off by Chaeyeon.

"Do you promise that?" "I promise."

 

Ninth Year of Friendship 

Minjoo was aggressively wiping her lips using her hands and spitting her saliva all over the place. Chaeyeon was so confused when she approach the girl because she looked like someone having a mental breakdown. "What happened?!" Chaeyeon rushed to the younger girl as she saw she was crying too.

 

"Kiko , Kiko , Kiko" The 15 year old girl said in between sobs. "did he bully you again?! Im gonna kill him" Chaeyeon turned around and was ready to go to the bully's house. "He kissed me!" Minjoo said then cried a lot harder. Those words stopped the angry girl on her track, her fists turned into ball "HE DID WHAT?!" oh now she was furious, she walked back again to Minjoo and hold her face in her hands. "Where did he kissed you?" the older girl rotate the younger girl's face, checking thoroughly, "my mouth" 

 

The older girl closed her eyes so hard that tears flowed down on her milky white cheeks. "Please don't be mad at me" the younger girl begged. "I'm not mad at you. Im mad at Kiko. Im mad at myself because I should have been your first kiss!" 

 

Nobody talked for minutes. No one knows what to say. Heck, nobody know what the heck just happened. Chaeyeon was about to walked out so that she can save herself from this embarrassment thinking that maybe she would just tell the girl that she was just practicing the line for her crush. Before that happens Minjoo hold her wrist stopping her from leaving. 

 

"I want you to be my first kiss" Minjoo thought again,  didn't know she was holding a breath after that moment. "Kiss me please" Maybe that's why she was so upset when Kiko kissed her; maybe because she was reserving it for someone else.

 

"Are you sure?" "Yes" The younger girl leaned closer to Chaeyeon and hold her face in her hands. "I-I" She didn't know why it was hard to say those three words where in fact she have said to the girl a million times but she knows this time there's a different meaning behind it. "I know, I know. I love you too" 

 

Thats what all it took before their face collide and taste each other lips. The kiss was short but it was perfect.

 

"will you love me forever?" Minjoo opened her eyes desperately waiting for an answer "I promise"

 

2 months later

Titiana was getting frustrated but mostly sad because her favourite person is ignoring her. "Cmon Minjoo, don't get mad. I can't really say no to my parents. If i could bring you with me, I will. But Im just 16" She said while putting the strand of her princess hair at the back of her ear. 

 

"but 2 months is a long time, what if you find another girl and forget about me?" Chaeyeon smiled because of how possessive Minjoo is of her. It makes her feel wanted and love. She thought it was a nice feeling. 

 

"that will never happen" She assured the younger girl while playing with her hands. "because I promise to love you forever and let's make a deal, if I forget you make sure that you will forget me too" Chaeyeon was rubbing the cheeks of Minjoo who was confused "why would I forget you?" "because thats the only way you can hurt me, Minjoo, it is the only way. Then maybe if I am hurt enough I may get my senses back and realize that there is no other person in this world that I want to love and give myself to except you" Chaeyeon cheekily smiled at Minjoo who just covered her face with the older girl's hand while kissing it numerous time. 

 

 

"Such a sweet talker, But do you promise?" "I do."

 

 

Little did they know that was the last promise they made that will be broken.

 

 

 

5 Hours after

"Daddy! Watch out!" then everything went black.

 

 

~~

:)