Against Us

MiMoments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song suggestion: https://youtu.be/eNt78mQJavY

 

 

It's not always unicorns and rainbows compared to when you were young and innocent. Society becomes harsher the older you get, specially when you're a part of something they don't approve of. No more sugar coating because that's just how life is.

Eight years ago

"Mina, Mina!" A twelve year old Momo yelled excitedly as her little figure ran up to another with a grin reaching ear to ear.

Momo, who has been waiting for months for her best friend to return was extremely ecstatic to finally see her again. And for Mina, it was the same. She reciprocated the expression Momo had with her arms open for Momo to jump into to which the older gladly accepted. Ever since she went out of the country to visit her grandparents, every day Mina would count the days in her little calendar until the day she finally sees Momo again.

They continued to embrace one another while the passerbys cooed at their cute friendship. "Aren't they so precious?" A woman said to the person next to her who nodded in agreement.

Mina giggled when she received a friendly peck from Momo. "I missed you Momoring, it was so boring there without you." Mina sulked, showing how much she disliked spending a day without Momo beside her.

"Come on I'll show you the game I got you that you've always wanted," Momo beamed, dragging an excited Mina along with her as soon as she heard the word "game" as their parents converse while walking behind the two. Mina had her eyes set on a particular game but she never asked her parents for it despite how rich they were. Her grandma always taught her to appreciate the things she receives and to never ask for too much. Momo noticed how much the younger wanted it, she would always stare at that specific game whenever they pass by the game store and so, she earned some money by doing chores just to buy Mina the game she wanted.

Mina hugged Momo as tight as she can, a way to show her gratitude as she retrieved the gift from Momo. "A late birthday present for you, Mimi. I've worked my hardest to save up for it since I wanted to give you something without having to rely on my parents," Momo scratched her nape, "it's not really much but I hope you like it."

"I love it, thanks Momoring! It was sort of sad I didn't spend my birthday with you though just how we used to do it traditionally," Mina referred to how they would always bake cupcakes for her birthday or Momo's ever since they were eight which would normally end up with a food fight.

"Anything for you Mitang, hehe." Momo sat down next to the younger, grabbing her console as they tested out Mina's new game.

Present

"Disgusting lesbians!"

A phrase that they commonly heard as they share their affection towards one another in public. 

Mina sighs as Momo traces her jaw with sloppy kisses while Momo's hands roamed around her toned abdomen. Are they doing the right thing? Should they really be together or should they follow what the majority of people believes, that the same gender shouldn't be in a romantic relationship?

"Such a disgrace to humanity."

She lets out a tear, extremely tired by the judging gaze thrown at them. She questioned herself, wondering what should they do for everyone to accept who they are. Mina's parents didn't approve of their relationship, they decided to set up a marriage Mina didn't want to agree on so that it wouldn't tarnish their company name.

Fortunately for them, Momo's parents supports the two. With the sudden marriage arrangement, she chose to run away with Momo and rented themselves a small, cozy house with the money they had along with the extra money they receive from Momo's parents who were working out of the country. Momo notices the change of mood as she faced Mina. "Everything okay Mitang?" She asked with a tone laced with concern.

Mina sighs again, a frustrated one. "The things we do, are they really right?" Momo wasn't even surprised to hear that, she as well asks herself whether it's right for them to be together.

The older intertwined their hands, giving Mina a reassuring squeeze and a chaste kiss on the lips. "Don't let them decide whoever you want to be with, Mitang. It was never a crime to follow what your heart desires," Mina relaxed as she let what Momo said sink into her. 

Momo tugged onto the younger's shorts, asking for permission to which she gave and so the piece of clothing disappeared in a matter of seconds. She ran her fingers up and down the slick sensitive area to test the waters and Mina arched her back in response as she moaned Momo's name in a needy tone. "Just remember, I'll always be here with you to cope with the hardships, you're not alone," Momo said as she showed Mina how much she loves her.

Nobody can separate them, they believed. But life isn't fair, it was never fair from the start.


°

°

°

"What?! My parents closed my bank account!" Mina yelled out of frustration as she furiously punched the code in hopes of accessing it. Still no luck. "Momoring what are we gonna do? The payment for our rented house is due next week and we don't have enough," Momo hugged Mina in comfort as she let out all of her frustration.

"It's okay I'll just work extra hours so I can earn enough to pay and feed the both of us," Momo said, rubbing circles on the younger's back. "Besides, my mom sends us monthly allowance so we should be okay."

The younger shook her head, "I'll find a job so you don't have to since that means I'll hardly be able to spend time with you," Momo said nothing knowing how stubborn Mina can be. In the corner of her eye, she spotted a suspicious man with a black cap along with a mask hiding in a corner. The same man that she saw talking to Mina's father.

"Let's just head back home, my shift is about to start." Momo kissed Mina's temples as she secured her hands with hers. There it was again, those burning, judging gaze directed at them with an expression of disgust etched on their faces. Some were shaking their heads in disapproval while others covered their children's eyes, probably telling them not to end up like her and Mina. But they didn't care, all that mattered was that they have each other.

Mina already ran up to her laptop to search for jobs that gave decent salaries as soon as they reached their humble abode while Mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter