Bestfriends

MiMoments
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song suggestion: https://youtu.be/xxIr3dbOJxU

 

 

Bestfriend, a title given to someone whom you trust, who's always there for you, whom you can count on and cope with the hardships you go through, vent all your problems with ease and they will be there to tell you that it's going to be alright. That's the title given to Momo by Mina and as for Momo, she considers Mina as someone beyond that title.

"Momoring!" Mina exclaimed as she approached the girl with blonde hair from the back, startling her with a sudden back hug. She rested her chin on the older's shoulder while she received a friendly pat on her head from a smiling Momo. A smile that Mina counts as a friendly smile but for Momo, it held more meaning to it -- a smile so bright, only seen whenever Mina was next to her because she's the reason behind that smile.

"Sorry my cue to leave," Momo apologized to the person whom she was conversing with before Mina approached her. "It's okay, we're done with the discussion anyways so you can go ahead," The girl said before reciprocating Momo's wave. Momo and Mina headed to their shared dorm while sharing stories as well as inside jokes with one another, laughing together in their own world with hands intertwined. Sure it was normal for close friends like them to hold hands but it gave Momo those feelings she gets whenever Mina is present.

Momo sprawled across her bed as soon as they reached their dorm. "So, who was that girl you were talking to?" Mina asked all of the sudden. 'Is she jealous?' Momo thought, 'No, she's just asking who she is, Momo. Stop being such a delusional thinking she would feel the same way you do,' Momo sat up from her bed and faced Mina who was already staring at her. "Her name is Sana, she happens to be my partner for an upcoming project and we were discussing about who does which part," Momo answered.

Mina hummed, "She's pretty cute, Momoring, mind if you introduce me to her?" Momo blinked, is she interested at Sana? "Sure, I'll ask her if she has time and I'll let you know," Momo laid back down and let her thoughts run through. Is it finally time for Mina to know someone besides her? Is it finally time for her to drift away from Momo's care and start her own love life? What about her and Mina, so she only stays as Mina's bestfriend. 

•••

Momo did as she was asked after all, she does everything Mina asks her to. Now she was waiting for Sana's arrival with Mina by her side, on a bench. Momo watched Mina fiddle with her fingers anxiously as she repeatedly her lips, a habit of Mina whenever she gets nervous and a trait of Mina that Momo finds cute and attractive. Momo reached for the seemingly nervous girl's hand and squeezed it with reassurance.

"It's going to be alright, I'm sure you two would click," Momo forced a smile but Mina didn't seem to see through that facade, Momo was good at hiding her feelings and fool everyone, too good that she could even become an actress in no time.

Mina returned the smile, grateful that she has Momo besides her, to lean on. She stood up as Sana's figure became visible each step she made. "H-hello," Mina stuttered in a shy tone, unable to look at Sana in the eyes. Sana found it cute, she approached the younger with ease, being the social butterfly she was, a complete opposite of Mina. "Aww you're so cute! No need to be shy," Sana beamed while slightly pinching Mina's cheeks despite the protest.

Momo started to feel left out as the two immediately became fond of each other so she decided to head out. "I'll be going now, take care of Mina for me Sana," She walked away after she heard the said girl's response, heading to somewhere peaceful. It was that place where she first saw a young Mina playing by herself while the other kids didn't seem to bother asking her if she wanted to play along with them. Of course Momo approached Mina with her vibrant personality, she felt uncomfortable at first due to how outgoing Momo was when she was younger but she grew fond of it, accepting Momo as her first friend.

She walked towards the familiar tree, looking for something that they carved back then. And even if it was a decade ago, it was still there, clear and readable. Her name next to Mina's with a heart around it, a date below reminding the first day they met; fourteenth of October, 2006. 

"When will she get the clue that I've been dropping?" Momo asked to no one in particular as she sat down the swing, Mina's favourite thing in the park. "Is she that dense?" Momo sighed as she continue to swing back and fourth, recalling those times when they often to snuck out just to come to the swing set whenever Mina was facing personal problems.

•••

"Momoring, can you accompany me to a date with Sana? I just feel more relaxed whenever you're next to me," Mina pleaded with those eyes that Momo could never resist even if she wanted to say no. "...Sure," Mina jumped up and down showering Momo with chaste kisses all over her face whilst saying thank you's. Momo should be used to this, it wasn't once that Mina has done it to her yet her skin burned with every contact Mina's plump lips made, and the distance between them wasn't helping.

No matter how irresistible Mina was to Momo, she wished she said no because now she was reluctantly following the two around while they flirt with each other. Saying that she hated this was an understatement. No matter how much her heart aches whenever she sees Mina laughing along with Sana, she still tried to cope with it for the sake of Mina's happiness. She would go as far as to hurting herself just to see Mina smile as if the younger was her reason to live.

They were now sitting outside a fast food restaurant while waiting for their order. The atmosphere became unbearable as Mina and Sana stared intently at each other, their heads moving towards. Momo faked a sneeze which startled the two, now looking away in embarrassment.

They bid goodbye to Sana who returned back to her dorm with a giddy smile plastered on her face which same goes to Mina. "I had fun today, thanks Mo~" She engulfed the said girl in a thankful hug. Well I didn't -- was what Momo wanted to say but bit her tongue to stop the words from spilling. "I'm glad you did," She answered honestly, although she wasn't so happy that it wasn't because of her that Mina felt that way.

•••

Mina would hardly be back on their dorm on time despite their strict curfew and Momo had to help her sneak in. If not, she would be staying in Sana's dorm whenever her roommate wasn't present which she hardly was. It was one of those days that Momo was left alone, worrying about Mina's whereabouts even if she already knew, worrying a little wouldn't hurt. She walked back and forth with her hands attached to her waist, thinking about the possibilities as to why Mina hasn't return yet, only a few more minutes before they stop letting students in.

A knock was heard and so Momo stopped pacing around to open the door, revealing Sana supporting a drunk Mina. "She insisted on coming back to your shared dorm even though I offered her to stay in mine, sorry she's wasted," Sana gave a sheepish smile as she apologized while Momo kept her temper down low. She thanked the latter and took Mina from her, laying the drunk girl down her bed.

"Momoring," Mina slurred as she started to let out silly giggles and even though it was cute, Momo was not amused. She stood up to get the girl a pair of clothes to change into since the one she currently wears reeks of alcohol and ciga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter