Chapter 2

I'm With You (Till My Last Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a scent of vanilla blending with the scent of a citrus, a scent that suddenly filing the air that Irene was breathing.

 She didn't want to open her eyes yet but the bright light of the sun that was peeking to the small space on the curtains wont let her sleep more. 

She felt so comfortable, felt so warm, she didnt want to get up yet. 

Slowly, as Irene opens her eyes, there was an unfamiliar figure which her first time seeing from waking up every morning. Blinking in confusion, she widely opened her eyes to clearly see what it is.

In her surprise, she was being wrapped by the arms of the Wendy who was still sleeping soundly, her face was in the crook of her neck (which she can still smell the scent of vanilla blended with citrus) and the worst thing that made her face turn into red was that she was also hugging comfortably the latter.

“What the- H-how?- God-" Irene panicking and talking to herself with a low voice.

" Hnnggg~" A sudden movement made Irene panic more. So close, her face was so close to hers. Wendy facing her, hugging her tightly, making them so close to each other.

The older girl didnt know what to do. Her heart keeps beating faster as she can see closely the face of the girl in front of her. 

But then as she watches the younger girl slowly breathing in her sleep, as if she was an angel came from heaven to sleep beside her. She feels so calm. 

Irene's hand slowly going up near the face of the girl in front of her. Staring at her beautiful face, she then traces the bridge of Wendys nose using her index finger, it was small but pointed nose, Irene's lip formed a small smile on her face while slowly tracing it. Then her eyes slowly went down to those pinkish lips, it was very soft, she bit her lower lip for wanting to kiss those lips but she cant. Being this close its so hard to stop herself from doing it.

 

Being so mesmerized by the features of the younger girl, she didnt know the latter was already slowly opening her eyes. 

Wendy tries not to open her eyes for she wanted to sleep more but then she seems to see a Goddess watching her while sleeping. 

Am I dreaming? Is this real?

But then she realized who the person that is currently being so close to her. 

Of course she was very shocked. How did they become so close like this? Realized that shes hugging this beautiful lady. She then shrug, you won't experience something like this every morning.

Wendy smiled to herself as she watches the Goddess in front of her turning red and somehow startled because shes already awake. 

“Hey~ Good morning~” with her soft husky voice she greeted the older girl in front of her.

“G-good morning- Uhh- Y-youre awake hehe-" The older girl blushed being very shy because she got caught in the act.


Wendy then giggled." Well I am, and I caught you staring at me while Im sleeping."  teasing the latter makes her morning more beautiful.


Irene can't hide the blush on her face. ”W-what? Me staring at you? Hah! In your dreams!"

She releases herself from Wendys embrace to get off the bed, but then in her surprise the latter held her arm and pulled her wrapping her arms again on her.


"Please let's just stay like this for a while." Wendy embraces her like theres no tomorrow. Shes so warm. Irene can feel her heart beats very fast.


Irene can't do anything. Feels like she being drowned in Wendys embrace. She feel so happy, could it be? She likes her this much. She's wondering if she likes her too but then shes too scared to ask. 


They stayed like that for a moment. Irene let herself being drowned in Wendys arm. 

Then Wendy unwrapped her arms from Irene's body. She looked at Irene with a shy smile on her face.

“Sorry but I just really missed you Joohyun and this is the only moment I could hug you after being away from you for so so long”

“You missed me that much yet you chose to work for long and not see me during those times." Irene pretends to be mad to tease the latter.


“Well, you know how much responsibility I have in my hand thats why. I was hoping you could understand me but I understand also if you feel that way and-" Wendy stopped from talking.

Irene stood up from the bed. “Shut up and stand up already so you can make it up to me" she walks to the bathroom and before she go inside she turned her head to look at Wendy. "And to tell you, I am not mad at you. I understand everything so stop being dramatic and just get ready for we will have a long day to enjoy this trip." 


After that Irene, closes the bathroom door. Wendy was left in the bed speechless but then she smiled to herself. 

It was a very wonderful morning indeed.

 


++++++


First day in St. Gallen, they, no, Wendy decided they will go to the Peter and Paul Wildlife Park. Irene didnt want to go there because shes very scared on any kind of animals.

"Dont worry it'll be fun. I'll be on your side. Besides those animals won't go near you because they will be scared of you HAHA" Wendy tries to convince the older girl but she taught also of teasing her.

Irene hits Wendys arm few times. "You silly hamster! You tease me more and I will not go with you!" She pouts like a cute child.

Wendy chuckles and pats the head of the older girl. "Okay okay.. Just please let's go there. It will be fun I swear!" She raises her right hand and playfully raising her eyebrows.

Irene glares at Wendy. "If I will not ever have fun there get yourself ready because I will make your face will unrecognizable after" She then huff and walks towards the taxi stand.

 

Wendy smiled then walks beside the older girl. "You will have fun. I'll make sure of that." She then called a taxi for them to go to the said park already.

They arrived at the park after 15 minutes since it was near from where their hotel is.

Wendy walks out of the taxi first after paying the driver then opened the door for Irene then she smiled at her.

"How gentlewoman of you Seungwan." Irene giggles then also walks out of the taxi.

Irene then clung into Wendys arm being scared of the animals she just saw when they entered the park.

Wendy caressed Irenes arm and smiled at her "Don't worry they wont harm you. You'll love here. " 

The older girl just nod at her.

The place is actually really beautiful. For a nature lover person, it is recommendable for them to visit the park. A beautiful park in the city of St. Gallen on the hilltop of Rotmonten, it is 780 meters above sea level. People of St. Gallen go here to relax as they walk towards the top of the hill.

Irene loves the place except of course the animals she is seeing as they walk by to reach the top of the hill.


"Look Hyun!" Irene looks to where Wendy wanted her to see. She was very amazed. The tiredness she felt walking to the top of the hill was worth it. Her eyes kept wandering around as she sees the beautiful St.Gallen from above. "Wow- its really wonderful." 

Wendy kept smiling for she was successful on having Irene see this beautiful scenery. "Well, youre more beautiful~" she whispers to herself. Seeing the latter still busy being amazed by this place, Wendy then gets her phone and captures this moment. Complementing with the light from the sunset, Irenes beauty is truly breathtaking.


"Thank you for trying so hard for me to come here Wan, its really worth it." Irene warmly smiled at the girl beside her.


"Just for you beautiful lady~" Wendy is so happy. Being here with Irene makes her feel so happy.
 

 


Three days had passed on their trip to Switzerland, Wendy enjoyed so much. Being on a trip with these beautiful sceneries could take all her stress away after working so hard. Thanks to the lady beside her who was currently admiring the beautiful Kathedrale St. Gallen. 


"Seungwan! Look! Isnt this a very beautiful place?" Irene looks so happy. Her eyes were shining like the sun that was above her. 


"It is indeed beautiful." Wendy was actually referring to the person who was holding her hand and joyfully dragging her to get inside the cathedral. 


After getting inside the said cathedral, Irene let go of Wendys hand to look around while the other was just watching her with a smile on her face. 


The older girl keeps on capturing photos whats inside the cathedral. On the other hand, the younger girl was capturing photos of the girl she was with. Wendy then walked near the altar and sat on the long chair.

She looked around silently, memorizing every details of whats inside the cathedral. Then she kneeled down and closed to pray.

Irene searched for Wendy after she was done looking around. She smiled to herself finding Wendy in front near the altar praying silently. She quickly walks toward the latter.


She sits beside the younger girl who was still silently praying and then she also kneeled down and quietly prayed.


Wendy is done praying and when opened her eyes she was surprised that Irene was already beside her praying. She just smiled and sits back on the chair.


Irene was already done praying and sat beside Wendy. "So what did you pray to God?" coz it was that long.. The older girl asks Wendy.


Wendy just looked at her straight in her eyes. Irene felt her cheeks getting warm. "I prayed that this moments, this time, I wished that it wont stop." She seriously said then she looked at the altar.


"I just hope time won't fly fast. I just hope I will have more time. I just hope I would more time." Wendy looked back to Irene with tears slowly forming in her eyes. 


Again there was sadness in her eyes, Irene again felt the sadness in Wendys eyes. She doesn't know why and what happened, they were so happy these past few days but suddenly why is this still happening.


"Why? We can extend our stay if you wanted to? Just please dont cry." Irene raises her and slowly wipes the tears in Wendys eyes.


Wendy felt the warmness in Irenes hand. She closes her eyes as Irene was wiping her tears. Then she smiled and held Irenes hand.

" I'm sorry I got you worried. It's nothing. It's just.. I am so happy. Thank you really Joohyun for this." Wendy shows a small smile.

Irene on the other hand doesnt want to believe what Wendy said but then she doesnt want her to cry again. "Hmm.. okay I believe you..but if theres something bothering you just let me know okay?" 


Wendy nods. "Okay I will." Wendy stood up from her seat. "Come on! We still have time. It's our last day here so lets go and enjoy it to the fullest!" She held Irenes hand and went out of the cathedral to go to back in town.

 

It was already dark, street lights were opening one by one. There's still a lot of people outside which includes Wendy and Irene watching what other people was doing from somewhere where they can see the whole town. They were just standing there, feeling the cold breeze of the wind. 


They're very happy. Like it was a long day, some of the people walking there came from home, some from school, but you cant see on their faces the tiredness, the feeling of being sad because they scolded at work or getting a not really good grades in school, there were just smile on their faces. Wendy suddenly talked interrupting the silence they have shared a while ago.


Irene turned to look at her with a sweet smile on her face. Wendy was still looking a far. The older girl then just stares at her.


"You look so beautiful." Irene blurted out suddenly. She was sincere. She always wanted to tell that to Wendy. 

Wendy then turned her head to look at Irene after hearing those words. "You're getting cheesy this night lady."


Irene continued to stare at Wendy, her eyes looking straightly to the latter. 

"I mean it Seungwan. I don't want this night, our last night here to get ruined but.." 

"I just can't hide it anymore. The more I look into your eyes, your smile, the way you laugh, the way you- you- the way you make my heart beat so loud like its going to pop anytime." 

"Seungwan, I like you.. I know and I won't dare to ask for you to like me too.. I just really wanted you to know what my heart really feels.. And I think it was more than that now.."

"Seungwan, I think- I- I'm so in love with you ever since the day I first saw you at the bar. I felt like I really wanted to be there for you and get off the sadness in your eyes. And then when we got closer and I have seen your soft side, it felt like I- I- wanted to see more of you. Seungwan I'm sorry for feeling this way towards you. I--"


There was a warm soft pair of lips who stopped Irene from talking. Those lips tasted like cherries. She can't believe that this is really happening. Wendy kissing her under the moonlight and the stars are watching from above. 


Suddenly the whole world stops turning around, the time has stopped for a while. 


Wendy then released them from the kiss. She was still closing her eyes, hands still cupped in Irenes face, she can still feel her soft lips.


Irenes heart was beating so fast. It was very sudden. She still cant believe it, that Wendy really kissed her. She doesn't know what to do or what to say anymore.

“I love you too Joohyun. No words can express how much I love you. I've been loving you for too long and I just can't, I dont know how to tell you. I tried to stop myself but you keep on making me love you more each day." Wendy opened her eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter