Final

I'm With You (Till My Last Breath)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was exactly a month ago, Irene received an envelope from she don't know where it came from. An unfamiliar stamp was on the envelope. Canada~ It came from Canada~

 

*Flashback*

 

 

"Hyun?" She was then came back to herself after minutes of her mind being somewhere as she was thinking. "Aren't you going to open that envelope? It might be important." Her best friend was beside her. 

 

"Ah- right- okay okay~" She then slowly opened the said envelope. Inside of it was a card and a paper.

 

It was an invitation card, the color is classic blue with an elegant design printed on it. Irene opened the card and looked at Seulgi with confusion.

 

"Hey~ why are you looking like that? What's written there?-" Seulgi moves closer to Irene and took a peek of what's on the said card. Her eyes widened after. "Wait- It's from-"

 

".. Seungwan's parents~" Irene then looked again at the card. 

 

Memories suddenly came back. It's been a year after Seulgi went to Joy and asked her where Seungwan really was. When Irene found out what really happened and the questions inside her head were being answered that made her world go darker.

 

A year since that day she found out that Wendy is dead and she can't even go to see her because she's miles away from the person she loves the most. 

 

Her world crashed, her heart were torned into pieces.

 

She'd rather hear from Joy that she already has someone else than hearing from her that she's already dead. 

 

She wanted to hate the said girl for everything, for leaving her without her knowng, for leaving with heart still in her hands and lastly for leaving her forever, but there's still so much love inside her which she don't know how to give anymore, even to herself.

 

Even near to going insane and thought of following Wendy to where she was already but with the love and care of few people around her, she didn't. She's very thankful for having them. And they were right on telling her that Wendy would not want her to be miserable or to follow her to where she was now.

 

"A plane ticket? To Canada?" Seulgi told as she was reading what's on the other paper. "And it includes me."

 

Irene was still surprised of this invitation. She wanted to ask Joy but I guess she wouldn't know either.

 

"Do you want to go Hyun?" Her best friend were curious and worried at the same time.

 

Irene looked at her. "I wanted to Seul. I wanted to see her."

 

*end of flashback*

 

Now, Irene and her best friend were currently on their way to Son's residence. Riding a black Mercedez Benz, with Joy who is also surprised and curious of what's happening.

 

Irene's staring outside the car's window while on their way, she's somehow amaze on how beautiful the place was.

 

So this was the place were Seungwan spent her...

 

She felt again the pain. Her heart's skipping a single beat. There's a liquid forming on the side of her eyes. She then looked up to stop it from falling. Irene took a deep breath to calm herself.

 

On the other side, Seulgi noticed Irene. "Are you okay Hyun?"

 

"Huh? I-I'm fine Seul. Don't worry. " Irene gave a small smile. Reassuring her friend not to worry about her. 

 

"Okay~." She squished her bestfriend's hand softly with a smile on her face.

 

After 3 hours of being on the road, they finally arrived to their destination, the Son's Family mansion.

 

The 2 girls gasp after getting out of the car being amaze that Wendy's family is really this rich.

 

Joy just looked at it sadly.

 

"Hello Ms. Joy and to you ladies. Mr. and Mrs. Son is waiting for you inside. We'll be the one to get your things. Please come in." The old butler then bowed.

 

"Thank you Grandpa Lee. It's nice to meet you again" Joy smiled and bowed to him before entering the mansion.

 

The old man also smiled at her. "Nice seeing you too Sooyoung ah"

 

Irene and Seulgi also bowed and smiled at him then followed Joy inside.

 

They were greeted by a line of maids inside. Irene and Seulgi were very surprised not everyday they were being greeted this way.

 

"I don't know what's the occasion. But it's so nice to be back here." Joy suddenly spoke up while they are walking.

 

"How long since the last time you've been here?" Seulgi asked.

 

Joy turned to look at her. Seulgi suddenly felt the warmth on her face. "The last time I went here was when we were still in High School. Seungwan asked me to come for a vacation. The first time also that I've met her parents." She smiled at the girl.

 

Seulgi nods shyly. After their encounter at Wendy's office, she felt something in her everytime she sees Joy. Something new to her. And she don't know what is it.

 

Irene just felt a little jealous, Wendy being with Joy for years.

 

"Don't worry Seungwan's parents were kind. You two can feel at home." Joy then stops in front of a room which the two other girls guessed the room where Mr. and Mrs. Shon is. The taller girl then opened the door.

 

They were greeted by warm smiles, the same warm smile Irene felt when she saw Wendy first smiled at her.

 

"Sooyoung ah! Welcome back~" The older lady then walk towards Joy and give her a hug.

 

"I missed you Auntie~" Joy hugged her tight.

 

"I missed you too little girl" Mrs. Son then released them from the hug.

 

"I'm a lady now Auntie..." Joy whines and pout.

 

"I can see. Yes you are a lady now." Mrs. Son giggled. She then turned to look at Irene and Seulgi. She warmly smiled at the two girls. "I assume you two are Irene and Seulgi. It was nice meeting both of you" She gave them a short hug. 


"Yes. I am Irene and this is Seulgi my best friend. It was nice meeting you also Mrs. Son" Irene and Seulgi bowed at Wendy's mother.

 

Mrs. Son just smiled at them. "Come. Let's go to the dining area, you've been on a long flight you must be hungry now." the old lady walks outside.

 

"Let's have our dinner ladies." Mr. Son smiled and followed her wife.


Joy then look at the two girls behind her. "Let's go. Don't be shy."

 

Irene and Seulgi nods then walks with Joy to the dining area.

 

At the dining area,

 


Mr. and Mrs. Son were talking to Joy since it's been how long when they last talked. Asking how she was after years.

 

"So Sooyoung-ah, when are you planning to settle down? Like you said you are a fine lady now. I would like to be there on your wedding" Mrs. Son raises her eyebrows up and down while grinning at Joy.

 

Seulgi who's sitting in front of Joy stops from chewing after hearing the question and simply taking a glance at the said girl.

 

Joy laughs at the old lady's sudden question. "Auntie, I'm not even in a relationship yet. The fact that I am busy at work and many things I don't think I could even manage to have one also." She then drinks water.

 

Mrs. Son nods. "You know little lady, time is running fast, you should already look for someone to take care of you. Right Ms. Seulgi?" she turns to look at the bear and winked.

 

Seulgi blinks her eyes being surprised. "Uhh-- I-I guess so? He-he" She then scratched her nape.

 

Joy felt her face getting warm. "Auntie... I am not ready yet--"

 

Mr. Son laughs. "Let them handle that thing themselves Hon. Sooyoung ah just let us know when you will get married okay? We'll fly to Korea just to be there."

 

Mrs. Son then turn to look at Irene who's being silent while they were eating dinner. "How about you Irene, how are you now?" 

 

Irene startled and blinks her eyes. "I-I'm fine Mrs. Son. I'm doing fine now."

 

"Glad to hear that" Mrs. Son warmly smiled at her. 

 

Irene the took this opportunity to ask to Mrs. Son a question that's still in her head for a month now. "Uhm- Can I ask you a question Mrs. Son?" she shyly looked at the old lady. 

 

"Yes Irene go ahead, what is it?" 

 

"First of all, let me thank you for inviting us to come here and even paid all the expenses for our trip. But may I know why? I mean why would you suddenly invite us here?" Irene curiously asked while looking at Mrs. Son. 

 

The old lady just smiled at her. "I just wanted to meet who my daughter's friends are. And don't mention it Irene I'm just glad to meet you in person. And wow! you are surely very pretty! "

 

"Indeed." Mr. Son nods while drinking his cup of tea already finished with his meal. 

 

Irene blushed after hearing the compliment from them. "Thank you~" 

 

"Aside from wanting me to see you, we have this event on Sunday, and I want you to be there."

 

"May I know why? Because we are not even related to your family." Irene still has questions on her mind. 

 

Mrs. Son stayed silent for a while then let our a deep sigh. "It's Wendy's death anniversary. We organized a memorial ceremony for her. And I want you to be there because I know she would be glad if you are there." 

 

Irene then felt again her heart aching. There's still pain, even though she said she's already okay. She came here because she wanted to see her, where she was being laid but her heart is still not ready of this pain. 

 

Joy then look at them. Her heart is also aching. She misses Wendy a lot. She missed her annoying best friend so much. 

 

Seulgi saw how sad Joy became after hearing Mrs. Son. She wanted to comfort the girl but she don't know how. She just turn to Irene and patted her back. 

 

There was silence. And every one was feeling the same. Mrs. Son decided to break it. 

 

"Hmm.. I know the three of you were tired already. I'll just check if your rooms are ready now. I'll be going first." Mrs. Son gently wipes with her table napkin and slowly stood up giving them a small smile.

 

Mr. Son also stood up with her. "I'll be going with her ladies. Finish your meal okay? ." he bowed and simply smiled at them.

 

"Okay Auntie and Uncle, I'll just take care of them here." Joy said even she herself is not okay. 


"Hey~" Seulgi called the attention of Joy. "I am fine. I know you are not okay too as well as this person beside me. If you need a shoulder to cry on I am just here." The bear smiled at the younger girl in front of her. 

 

"Thank you Seulgi but I am fine." But the bear knew what's inside her. "Are you two finished eating?" 


Seulgi nods. "I guess all of us don't have the will to eat more." she then turned to look at the girl beside her. 

 


Irene kept quiet after her questions have been answered. But she don't want to cry anymore, she know Wendy wouldn't want to see her cry because of her. 

 

She just really wanted to see her, to say hello and goodbye. It hurts her so much, but she just thought that Wendy is now in a better place, being happier somewhere, imagined her playing and smiling to the fullest which made her smile to herself. 


"Girls, your rooms are ready. Your things are already there. You can have a rest now." Mrs. Son stated. "Come, I'll accompany you to your rooms." 


The three girls stood up and followed Mrs. Son. The older girl cling at Joy's arm, talking to her again while going to their room.

 

The two best friends walk side by side and looking around. 

 

They can see pictures of Son's family, from Mr. and Mrs. Son's wedding photo, first born child (Seunghee, Wendy's older sister) baby photo being held by Mr. Son, then Wendy's baby photo, Irene stopped and looked at it. She smiled while looking at her. A very cute and bubbly ever since she was a baby. There were more photos as the walk by. 

 

Their family surely is so close to each other. Irene just love looking at them. 

 

"Here is your room Irene" Mrs. Son opened a room with blue door. "The next room is yours Seulgi. Joy your room is in front of Seulgi's room. I am going ahead ladies. You should take a rest now. Good night to the three of you. See you again tomorrow" The old lady smiled then bowed at them. 

 

"Good night Mrs. Son~" Irene bowed as well as Seulgi. Joy then hugged the old lady. "Good night Auntie" 

 

"You two rest well. Good night Irene and Seulgi~" Joy opened her room's door and walks inside. "I'll see you both tomorrow." gave them a small soft smile before closing the door. 


"Good night to you also." Seulgi smiled to the younger girl and also opened her room's door. "Good night Hyunnie~ You should rest more than I am. I know how tired you are both mind and heart. Sleep tight. Love you~" 


"I will Seul.. You too. Love you too~ Good night~" Both of them then walks to their respective room. 


Irene wanted to rest. Her body wants to rest, but her heart and mind won't bother to do so. She tried to get herself a little more tired by unpacking her things and put it nicely on a cabinet. Read the book she brought so she will have something to do while they have spare time. Listen to a relaxing music just to make herself fall asleep. But after everything she still failed on doing it, her eyes are still wide open.


Releasing a deep sigh, Irene stood up from her bed and sat on a chair beside the window. She just stare at the clear dark blue sky with small glittering stars scattered around the moon who was shining so bright and lighting her up.


So beautiful. It somehow made her feel relaxed.


Her mind was pre occupied by the thought of Wendy. And it was exactly the reason why she can't sleep.

 

She missed her so much. Despite of all the hurt she felt inside after she left her alone, hanging with all the feelings inside her heart wanting to burst for it was so full and she don't know how and where to give it all.

 

While she's staring at the moon above her, all she see is Wendy smiling warmly at her. She can't help but her lips were automatically forming a curve.

 

"I missed you so much Seungwan~ I wish even for a while you would visit me in my dreams. I wanted to see you, hold you and hug you so tight~ Even just for a little while~"


Irene's eyes were slowly closing. Her breathing were now calm. She's falling asleep, with the same reason why she was awake a while ago.

 

 


-----------------

 


Joohyun~


A familiar voice were calling Irene. She slowly opens her eyes. Still sitting beside the window where she fell asleep. 


Joohyun~


Irene turned to look to where the voice is coming from. She then covers , eyes wide open, her heart stops beating for a second.


Joohyun~

 

The owner of the familiar voice, the same person who owns her heart.


"..S-Seungwan-?" Her eyes were teary. "Is that really you?"

 

The person slowly nods while smiling then started to walk towards her.


"Hello beautiful~" Wendy. It's really Wendy.


Irene knew it was only a dream but she hopes it's also a reality.


Wendy then touches her face. "Missed me that much?" those two brown orbs she was staring to were pulling Irene inside.


Irene holds the hand touching her face. She close her eyes feeling the warmth of the said person. 

 

"You don't know how much I long for your warmth Seungwan. How I missed you so much~" then stares again to the persons eyes.


The girl giggles softly. "I know. That's why I'm here. I came back for you."


"I know this is only a dream Seungwan. But I am so happy you're here, in front of me, smiling at me, touching my face like this and give me again the warmth to keep my heart from being frozen." 

 

She pulled Wendy and hugged her so tight.


Wendy caresses her soft black hair. Tapping her back gently. "I'm sorry for taking too long to visit you. But I won't be staying that long."

 

Releasing them from each other, Wendy cupped Irene's face looking directly at the said girl's eyes. 

 

"I just wanted you to know how much I love you.. With all my heart.. Even until my last breath.. It was only you Joohyun.. Thank you for everything.." 


Wendy's smile is so warm but Irene can't help but to cry. Tears suddenly falls on her cheeks.


"Don't cry Joohyun. I will be seeing you one day. I will be waiting for you. I wanted you to be happy. For me and for yourself." The girl gently wipes Irene's tears.


"I have to go now Joohyun. I will always be there with you~" Wendy started to walk towards the bright light.


"Don't leave me Seungwan- Please-" Irene cried again. Stretching her hands to grab Wendy's but no matter how hard she tried she can't reach her.


The image of Wendy is slowly fading. She was smiling. And the last thing Irene saw, she was mouthing the words "I love you".

 

 

Tears. There were tears in Irene's eyes. Woking up in a dream she just wished before she sleep. 


She's happy to see Wendy even if it was just a dream. 

 
Irene's heart felt lighter, there was a little light at the end of her dark path, there was Wendy, giving her the will to continue with her life and be happy. 


Holding her chest with her eyes close her lips forming a curve. Reminiscing the smile on Wendy's face in her dream. She don't want to disappoint her and will live the way Wendy wanted her to be.

 

I will always be there with you~ those words she will keep holding on every seconds of her life. 


*knock knock*


Hyun? It was her best friend. Are you up already?


Irene slowly get up and walks towards the door and opened it revealing a messy haired bear, wearing loose yellow shirt and pajamas while yawning infront of her. She giggled at the said girl.


"Hey~ Still sleepy, bear? What brought you early this morning?"


"Aren't you going to let me in first?" The bear pouts.


The older girl laughs. "Come in Seul. Before Joy see you looking like that." teasing the bear who just check herself.


Seulgi widened her eyes the quickly run inside Irene's room. "Why you didn't told me earlier Hyun?! Ahhhhhhhhh!" the bear jumped to Irene's bed covering her flushing red face.


"Well, lucky you Joy didn't come out of her room to see you like that. Hahaha!" Her best friend pouts and crosses her arms. "Anyway, why? I mean why you knock at my room's door this early?" she sit back to the chair in front of the window. 


Seulgi then sit properly on Irene's bed. "Hmm.. It's just.. I somehow heard you crying I got worried. Did you have a nightmare?" 

 

Irene smiles while outside watching as the sun slowly rising up the sky. "It's not. It's actually my most precious dream. I did cried but.. it's.. it's because I'm happy."

 

"Oh~~ and what is your dream about?" Seulgi being curious move a little closer to where Irene was. It's the first time she hear Irene saying the word 'happy" after year of being down and miserable.


"It's a secret." Irene giggles. "Like I said it's a precious dream for me. Like a treasure I will just keep inside my chest."


Seulgi rolls her eyes. "Ow-kay~ If you say so. But let me know if something's bothering you."


Irene nods. "I will Seul, don't worry I'm okay."

 

*knock knock*


Irene and Seulgi looked at each other. The bear shrugs.


The older girl stood up and walks towards the door to see who was it, and she was greeted by Mrs. Son.


"Good morning Irene~" Mrs. Son smiled with her eyes like a crescent moon.


"Oh- Good morning also Mrs. Son~" Irene bowed and smiled also.


"Glad you're awake already. Come.. let's eat breakfast together."


Irene suddenly felt shy. "I- Alright Mrs. Son. I'll just uhm go brush my teeth and wash my face"


"Okay. Okay. Call Seulgi also to come, Joy is already with us. We'll be waiting downstairs." Mrs. Son held Irene's hand.


Irene's face flushed being shy. "I will Mrs. Son. We'll be there after few minutes."


"Great!" Mrs. Son grins. "Oh! Please just call me Mom. Calling me Mrs. Son makes me feel old." she giggled.


"Uh- okay Mom~" Irene massages her nape and smiled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter