Chapter 2

About Us

" What the !"

He opens his eyes hearing his best friend's shouting at his face. Sure, Taehyung never failed to wake him up every morning since they live together. In fact, all Kim are living in the same building, the Kim Tower. It is a forty floors building, with twenty from the top resides by the family. And, Taehyung insisted for them to live together when actually he was never welcomed to this tower. After all, this penthouse they live in was a gift by their grandpa to Taehyung upon returning from London, as he is the future of the company. Not him. 

" Chill, Tae.. What's wrong with you?"

He groans feeling weight on his chest. He furrows his brows.

"What the.."

" You tell me what IS wrong, BM."

Matthew scratches his head, trying to remember how on Earth there is a girl with him, on his bed.

" Hey, wake up!"

He pushes the girl's head away causing the girl to groan in pain.

" Get out!"

Before the girl even have time to speak a word, he chases her out. He throws few bills from his wallet to her.

He gets out of the bed, collecting his pants, and goes to the kitchen where Taehyung always at in the morning.

" Done clearing the mess?"

Taehyung eyes his cousin that just open the refrigerator, taking the bottle of milk out.

" I told you to cut your night business!"

It is not that he is conservative, he never is. But he never like bad rumors around his beloved, especially this boy in front of him.

Their relatives never leave the boy alone. They peek to his personal life as if other young adults in the family are saint. 

" Are you going out?" 

Matthew tries to avoid Taehyung's question as usual. He knows what his cousin's concern is. But he is never comfortable to talk about it.

Taehyung has been the best cousin he possibly can be. Always covering him up, clearing all rumors around him, making sure he and Kim can always be in the same sentence, though he isn't a pure-blood. Remembering the fact stirs his composure that very morning.

" I'm going to Jeon Corp."

Hearing the name of the multinational company makes he turns to his cousin who is now serving the fresh breakfast on the counter. He pulls one chair out, opposite to Taehyung.

" And why is that? Do we have any business with them?"

Sure Kim Group had worked with Jeon Corp plenty of times before, but he never aware they have another project with the company.

" Nah, I just want to see Somin."

How can he forget. Taehyung is close with Jeon Corp's princess. The two had been friends since they were thirteen. They attended same schools in London, same university and all. Things he envies Taehyung the most.

" Wanna join?"

Of course not. He is not close with the girl. Plus, hanging out with the two is never great. They are what people called boring. The two are just very cautious of the surrounding, well-behaved, never will attract unnecessary attention. After all, they are the expected future leaders of two mega companies. Unlike him. The unwanted nobody..

" BM?"

Taehyung knows that look. He recognizes that eyes. That is why he always want Matthew to hang out with him. He never like if the boy feels any inferiority to this world. 

" Nah, last time I hang-out with you two, there was a stupid rumor that we are gay. Hell no, I don't want to face grandpa's wrath again."

Taehyung just laugh. How can he forget that? It was really funny when Somin was literally there with them, but the rumor was about his relationship with Matthew instead of the girl.

His mind travels to yesterday's evening event during the monthly family meeting.

" That boy isn't a pure-blood Kim. He is not qualified for leading the company!" 

Taehyung looks at one of his aunt, Kim Miyeon, who never like Matthew's existence in the family. 

" He worked fine under Taehyung. Just let him continue his role. Let Myungsoo lead the company instead."

He knew it. It is all because of his other cousin, Myungsoo is not chosen by grandpa to lead the newly established company under Kim Group. 

" I've other plans for Myungsoo. That company suits Matthew the most."

Yeah. Grandpa did tell him first when he planned to start an entertainment company, he pictured Matthew as the director of the company. After all, Matthew has a strong interest in the field. Had he not has any relation with the Kim, he should now signed with a major entertainment company in South Korea. Ever since he was young, Matthew had been casted by many companies, it just that his status as a Kim didn't allow him to.

" Ok, let's vote then."

Taehyung sighes remembering grandpa's face when only he and his parents agreed to have Matthew lead the company. 

" What's with the sigh, dear cousin?" 

Taehyung eyes Matthew who is now stare at him with a knitted brows. 

" Nothing."

He stands and walks to the kitchen again, taking out two mugs, putting choco malt powder in one and black coffee powder in the other.

" Hey, BM.. "

He tries to sound ok. Gulping the lump in his throat. 

" Hmm?" 

He blinks the tears in his eyes, back still facing his cousin who's eating the breakfast he cooked. 

" You know I am always with you, right?" 

Matthew stops munching the fried noodles. His hand which holding the fork stop mid-air. 

Something must had happened yesterday's evening. He thought. 

He smiles faintly, knowing well what his cousin meant. He always know his existence is hell to many. And, maybe, perhaps maybe, as always, only the man who is now stirring the hot drinks in the kitchen and his parents are on his side..