Chapter 10

About Us

 

 

 

 

 

Somin closes the door behind her slowly. After ensuring Taehyung finally sleeping, she decided to go back to her office. 

After all, she left her works to run here. Thank God her gut was right. If not, Taehyung so gonna laugh super loud at her overly concern act.

Seeing how broken he was, she's glad she decided to follow her guts to come here. 

This is not the first time she sees the Taehyung she saw just now. They've been together since they were thirteen. As much as Taehyung always by her side, she always wish she is by his. 

She saw the young Taehyung, who was just like her, being pressured to be the heir of a company. She was there when Taehyung broken down when he first entered the Kim Group and all he received was insult of how incompetent he was, when he actually never is. 

Passing through the penthouse's living room, she was greeted by a deep voice.

" Going back?"

She turns around and saw a man, another broken man, sitting by himself on the couch, holding a can of beer.

" Yeah. I need to finish some works."

She smiles and continue to walk to the door. But her footstep stop as she feels she need to say something to that man remembering the texts they exchanged hours before.

" Are you ok?"

She asks, now staring at the man who his cheek somehow is reddened. What with the Kim's today?

" Thought you'll never ask."

She frowned at the statement.

" I'm ok. It's just that, it hurts me more knowing someone else was hurt because of me."

Somin's can sense the sincerity in Matthew's voice. This man, sure loves Taehyung a lot. He reminds her so much of Jiwoo.

" Is Tae alright?"

" You need to ask him."

She saw the man shook his head.

" You know he'll never tell."

Somin smiles.

" Then, keep asking. A person's heart is like that. We rarely open ourselves. It was some sort of protection for ourselves not to be hurt. But, it is not long until our resistance wear. We will tell if that person is genuinely sincere to us."

Matthew stares at the girl. His angel.

" So, you're genuinely sincere to me?"

He couldn't help himself but flutters at the girl's explanation.

" What.. What are you talking about?"

He chuckles seeing the girl's cheek reddening.

" Well, I did told you mine."

He raises his eyebrows.

" When I wonder why did you decided to lent me your ears?"

He stares at the girl that is now in silence, waiting for her answer.

But, all he got is nothing. The girl just turn around before making her way out of the penthouse.

He can't help but to think, maybe it is all because of Taehyung.

The girl approached him last night because of Taehyung knowing well he will bring something bad to Taehyung the very next day.

That is why she was here, because of Taehyung. Listening to their conversation when she arrived hours ago, he knew Taehyung never did call for her. She just came with some sort of assumption that Taehyung is not okay, which she is true about. 

That is a vast difference with him. He texted her, but she didn't came for him. Sipping the beer, Matthew shakes his head.

Come on, Matthew! What do you expect? They're already close before she knew you. Don't think highly of yourself when she only approached you once and just started texting you today.

He nods. That's how it should be. He should be more than content with his angel, who he only looked from a far, finally he can get close to.

Yes.. This is how it should be..