chapter 6

dangerous

‘Cause I couldn't care less if they call us reckless until they are breathless. They must be blind

 

Hesitantly, Sakura and Eunbi placed their lunch trays on a free table as they felt everyone’s eyes on them.

Sitting down next to each other, they could hear the students whispering, muttering their disapproval of the relationship.

As Sakura finally looked up, she saw dozens of eyes frantically turn away from her, as if they thought she couldn’t see them watching her before.

No longer caring about the others’ eyes, she proceeded to eat her lunch.

Just as she thought she was free, a group of girls walked past, whispering to each other, “She’s changed,” “She’s being so reckless now,” “She’s making a mistake by dating that .”

Sensing that her girlfriend was slightly on edge, Eunbi intertwined their fingers, caressing the back of the girl’s hand with her thumb. 

“Hey, are you sure you wanna sit here? We can sit somewhere else if you want,” she whispered.

“No, it’s fine. I don’t care about what they have to say or think about us,” replied Sakura.

Leaning in, she confessed, “All I care is that you’re mine,” before placing a soft kiss on her lips, for all the other students to see.

Seeing some students awkwardly turn away in the corner of her eye, Eunbi smiled and tightened her grip on the girl’s hand.