chapter 2

dangerous

Should it all fall down you'll have been my favorite mistake.


Over the next few weeks, the girls slowly spent more and more time together. Of course, it was mainly due to their partnership, but sometimes they just desired each other’s presence.

Like most others, Sakura was quite surprised that the two had gotten along so well. While she had previously thought of Eunbi as a typical bad girl with attitude and commitment problems, she found that there was much more to the girl. She noticed the little things.

Like how she always ran her hand through hair when she was confused.

Or how she actually had a lisp when she wasn’t trying to hide it.

Or how she was affectionate. Very affectionate. 

Contrary to her dark and harsh image, the girl was actually a softie. Sakura had begun to notice that Eunbi preferred to display her affection for someone physically.

She was constantly hugging her and hanging her arm over her shoulder. Sakura didn’t really mind it, it was one of Eunbi’s many charms, but she could tell others were also starting to notice.

Not unlike Sakura, Eunbi undeniably felt a spark. 

She always thought of Sakura as a boring goody two shoes. She was the model student; high achiever, class president and most likely to succeed.

So why did she make her feel this way? 

_____________

Lying down next to each other, the pair watched the stars, fascinated by the varied patterns. 

These days, Sakura could tell that she was spending much more time with Eunbi and started to feel conscious of what her friends, especially Chaeyeon, thought.

To the average person, Eunbi was a nonchalant troublemaker, but to her she was something more than that. Sakura admitted that she initially also misjudged the girl, but now that she got to know her better, she was both charmed and perplexed by her. 

She didn’t know why, but she felt drawn to the girl. There was just, something different about her. 

Something that broke away from her normal orderly life. 

“Don’t you ever care about what people think of you?” Sakura asked out of the blue. 

“No...not really,” Eunbi answered, without a doubt. “I’m my own person, if people don’t like me then so be it.”

I wish I could be like you, Sakura wanted to say. 

“Why?”

“Oh nothing, it’s just...I feel like sometimes the people in my life always expect me to be perfect and nothing but perfect.”

“Even though you come quite close to it, there’s no such thing as perfect. If they can’t love you for who you are then they shouldn’t matter.”

Sakura stayed silent for a while, thinking about her own life.

“Is this about your friends? Do they not like you hanging around me?” Eunbi wondered, as she turned her head to look at the girl.

“Not really, they haven’t said anything yet, but I can sense something coming soon. But it’s my own life anyway.”

“I guess they’ll probably tell you that you’re making a mistake.”

“Well, then you’ll be my favourite mistake.”

As Sakura confessed this, she awaited Eunbi’s response, but the girl stayed silent. Feeling awkward she was about to quickly change the subject when Eunbi rolled over and hovered slightly over her. Sakura’s heartbeat quickened as the raven haired girl’s eyes were fixed on her lips. 

Slowly, Eunbi leaned in closer and closer, until her lips gently touched the girl’s beneath her.

Shocked, Sakura’s body freezed as she could hear her heart beating in her ear, not knowing what to do and how to react. About to push the girl off, she felt Eunbi’s fingers run along her neck as she bit on Sakura’s lip. For a second, she realised.

She liked it.

It was something different, but for some reason, she liked it.

The feeling of Eunbi’s cold fingers on her neck and the coarseness of her fingerless gloves, brushing against her waist, sent tingles down Sakura’s spine.

And so surprisingly, even to herself, Sakura kissed back. 

Smiling into the kiss, Eunbi cupped Sakura’s face and deepened the kiss.

For the first time ever, Sakura did something she liked. 

Something different and out of the ordinary. 

Something far from perfect. 

Something dangerous.