Polaroids

Polaroids
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What's wrong with you?" Yeon asked her younger sister upon noticing Seul going through a bunch of polaroids while mumbling to herself as Yeon had walked passed her sister's bedroom.

"Huh?" Seul asked while glancing up.

Yeon entered Seul's room and took a seat at the desk chair while watching her sister sift through more photographs on her bed. Yeon waited for Seul to talk.

"You remember that one guy in my class I usually rant about?"

"The Sunwoo kid, right?"

"Yeah."

"What about him?"

"Well, he took a bunch of photos of us while we were prepping for our school's festival that's happening tomorrow and and I ended up yelling at him out of frustration and annoyance because I thought he wasn't doing anything."

"So you thought he wasn't doing anything, but he actually was?" Yeon asked with a curious look.

"Yeah. Like he was supposed to help build and decorate the stand, but he kept wandering around and bothering the others. I mean, everyone was doing their part and actually participating, but from my point of view he wasn't doing anything and just kept looking over people's shoulders."

"So you basically told him off for not doing anything."

"Yes."

"But?"

"He was the one that took all of these and wanted to do a collage of sort for the other classes to see how we were mingling and what not, but I didn't know that and now I feel bad for yelling at him for not doing anything when he was doing something that I didn't assign him for."

Seul groaned as she fell back against her bed with eyes close. Yeon lightly chuckled as she sat on her knees by her sister's bed to skim through the photos.

"And because you have pride issues, you don't know how to apologize even though in a way it doesn't seem like your fault or his, but still some fault elsewhere."

"Yeah, something like that."

"Did he tell you about the polaroids after you yelled at him?"

"No. Eunbin showed them to me after school once I made sure everything was all set for tomorrow."

"Oh. How come he didn't?"

"He had soccer practice."

"So, what you gonna do then?"

"Dunno."

Seul continued lying on her back with closed eyelids as Yeon finished going through the polaroids.

"Hey, how come there's none of you?"

"Hmm?" Seul asked while rising to an upright position. "What do you mean?"

"I don't see any of you in any of these." Yeon stated while picking up several images. "There's like fifty of these yet I see none of you in them."

"Maybe he hates me because I yelled at him."

"That's kinda dumb if he did."

"Who knows."

At that moment Seul's phone dinged indicating she got a Kakao message. Her eyebrows furrowed upon seeing it was from Sunwoo.

"He messaged me." Seul told Yeon as her older sister smiled. "Okay. And?"

"He never messages me."

"Maybe he wants an apology."

"Or maybe he wants me to return the polaroids to him."

"Then opened it and you'll find out. Let me know what happens." Yeon said to her sister while standing back up.

"Where are you going?"

"I gotta get ready for my date with Sangyeon. He's gonna teach me how to make fried rice balls."

Seul cast her older sister a look.

"Don't you know how to make those?"

"I do, but that doesn't mean I can't let my boyfriend try to teach me things he likes to do."

"Isn't it just like how you always let him win in Jenga?"

"Yeah, but he found out how good I'm actually am after witnessing me beat Changmin and Chanhee the other day."

"Then why don't you actually have him teach you how to play the guitar since you ."

"Hahaha, you're so funny, but nah. Musical instruments aren't my thing. Anyways, reply back to that Sunwoo kid or you guys are gonna graduate on bad terms."

"We won't graduate on bad terms. Go away and enjoy your date."

Yeon bid her sister a goodbye as she left Seul's room. Seul returned her attention onto the Kakao notification that she still hadn't opened yet.

Seul was back in her class of 3-B of Creker High School as Sunwoo wanted to talk to her after soccer practice. She was going to wait outside the school's gates, but his practice was running longer than expected and so Seul told him that she'll be in their classroom re-checking the things for the festival tomorrow. Seul passed the time by actually using Sunwoo's photos and putting them to use as she was going to return them back to him.

Some time later Seul didn't notice Sunwoo entering the classroom as she was too focused on the project before her. Sunwoo quietly watched Seul tying loops within the string she was using and hooking paper clips within them before attaching a polaroid in-between the paper clips. After completing the set she was working on she held it up and admired her work. She had to admit that Sunwoo knew how to take pictures and that the memories could be seen within them.

"I wondered where these should go." Seul mumbled to herself as she looked about the classroom before setting her sight on Sunwoo. "Oh. Hi."

"Hi." Sunwoo greeted and smiled at her. "I see Eunbin told you about the polaroids."

"Oh, yeah, she did."

Seul picked up the other finished sets she had done and offered them towards Sunwoo.

"I dunno if this was what you were planning to do, but I couldn't help myself and started to do them already."

"Oh, no, no. They're fine. I didn't know what to do with them either. I actually was going to ask you about them."

"Ah, okay, well here you go." Seul said as she set the items onto the desk. "I'm sure you'll find a good spot for them to hang tomorrow."

"Hmm, I'm sure I would."

Silence fell between and Seul waited for Sunwoo to tell her what he wanted to talk about, but he didn't say anything. He just played with the ends of his bag.

"Um, you do remember that it was you who asked me to talk to you after your practice, right?" Seul reminded.

"Ahh, yeah, yeah, I did." Sunwoo said as he recalled. "Right, right. I did."

"I mean, I understand if it was to get back at me and all, but this is such a waste of time to do so. Don't you think, Sunwoo?"

"Nah, Seul, nah. It's not what you think. It's not like that." Sunwoo dismissed with a laugh. "I'm sorry, but I was just surprised by you doing that whole strin

Please log in to read the full chapter