four

Baby's Breath
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun tugged on the ribbon. Baekhyun sighed and gave up on the boquet for the time being. He could do it tomorrow morning. Just come a little early before Jongdae collected the deliveries. Baekhyun sat down on his stool and pulled out his phone. It had been cracked for a while. He should get it fixed sometime. It was almost closing time and Baekhyun was about to get up to put away the flowers when the door opened. The bell jingled.

"Get out."

His mother stood, smiling at him. 

"Mom!"

He was running as fast as he could, but he just couldn't run as fast as he wanted. Something was weird. The world around him was so dark and un-inviting. Everyone was so tall and glaring at him and all he wanted to do was reach his mother that was smiling at him. He kept running and fell on his face when he tripped on something, but he got up immediately, trying to run as fast as he could. But she was gone by the time he got up.

 

Yixing sighed. It had been a while since he had that nightmare. He was exhausted and felt like he got no sleep at all. He tugged on the sheets and glared at the clock that was screaming at him to get up. Yixing dragged himself to the kitchen and filled up a glass of water, reaching for his medication. He looked at the bottle and to his dismay, it was quite low. Payday was in two weeks. He sighed and put the meds down and headed to the bathroom to get ready for work. 

Chanyeol tugged at his tie. The meeting room was getting stuffy and he didn't give two s about how they were doing this month. This was stuff that the financial team could handle by themselves. He just called the shots and looked at the financials if necessary. Sure, it was reckless for the CEO of a large company to act so brashly and recklessly, but it had gotten him this far. When the meaning finally came to an end and the old men that were on the board decided they were finished, Chanyeol left after pasting on his magazine cover smile, bidding everyone goodbye.

"Sehun, I need you to make room for me to leave work before 4:00 and clear everything after that. I won't be taking any calls and dealing with anything work-related. I don't care if the headquarters are burning or my father died. I will handle it at 8 AM tomorrow," Chanyeol said before slamming the door to his office. He tuggged his tie off of his neck and threw it on his desk and Chanyeol undid the top buttons of his stiff button-up. He was getting tired of this . He didn't care if the board members were upset that he didn't consult them on the purchase of the building. Sure, they weren't exaclt ymad about the building part because everyone in that damn conference room knew that it would be good for the company, but they just couldn't handle the idea that Park Chanyeol didn't ask for their permission. In their eyes, Park Chanyeol was the little kid and the board members were the playground monitors. Little did they know that he was the principal and they were playground monitors monitoring absolutely no one. This was how he ran his company and every other situation he walked into. 

No one controlled him.

Absolutely no one.

Chanyeol sighed. Why the was he here?

Chanyeol turned off the engine of his car as he glanced at the store. It was going to be difficult to swallow his pride, but he needed to show Baekhyun that no one steps unscathed if they screw anything up for him. He got out of the car and slammed the door before locking the door. Chanyeol considered going back, but then he considered everything Baekhyun had done. He had been the downfall of his marriage even though Chanyeol had stood beside Baekhyun despite everything. It would have been so easy to just leave their friendship in the dust when Baekhyun confessed, but nope. 

Chanyeol took one more deep breath before he pushed the door open. 

"Get out," Baekhyun said. He was dealing with none of this.

"Well that's quite the warm welcome."

"What do you want?"

"Can't an old friend visit?"

"Please. We both know that you only visit when you feel like being an entitled . Even when you visit in the form of lawyers."

"That was a genuine decision made by the board, not me."

"I doubt that, but say it was a decision made by the board, not you. Even then, you really flattered yourself to think that all the things I said and decisions I made were based off of my stupid infatuation with you. Even after all those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter