Chapter 1

In My Blood

A/N: Hello again! Welcome to the first chapter. This is probably the shortest chapter out of the ones I have planned and probably the least interesting. It ended up being much shorter than U thought it would. I don't think it's that good either but I hope you enjoy it anyways!

 

 

The next morning...

 

 

A young woman walks the streets of the city. The sun has just rose and the streets are beginning to get busy. The city is very large and it is home to very many types of people who all accept each other no matter their differences. However, this very city has had issues with vampires for many, many years and this young woman just so happens to be half-blood. 

 

Her name is Kim Yoohyeon, a young Korean woman. She is headed back to her apartment after transforming back into a human once the sun rose. Winter will come to the city very soon, so it is a very chilly morning. Yoohyeon is grateful to have the coat still on her from the previous night. She crosses her arms to keep herself warm as the cold wind blows and her long hair blows along with it. 

 

Yoohyeon continues to walk the city streets, knowing she is still a few blocks away from her apartment. Suddenly, she spots her vampire hunter friends chatting at the other side of the street, sending her into a panic. Yoohyeon pulls the hood of her coat over her head, looks down, and begins to walk faster, hoping that they would not see her. You see, Yoohyeon has just joined the vampire hunter organization of the city. Last night was going to be her first time vampire hunting, but she couldn’t go. Of course, this was because she turns into a vampire at night, but she made an excuse that she was sick. Why would a sick person be out right after dawn? They would be sleeping in. Yoohyeon thinks as she continues to walk fast. Before she knows it, she has escaped the possiblility of having to come up with an excuse for being out so early and made it to her apartment building. She walks inside and goes up the stairs to the third floor, which is the floor her apartment is on. She walks up to her apartment door, unlocks it, and opens it. She tiredly walks over to her bedroom and collapsed on her bed. However, her phone vibrates right when she laid down, indicating that she has received a text message. She reaches into her coat pocket and takes her phone out. She turns it on and holds it in front of her face, trying her best not to lose her grip on it. Then, she notices that she received a text message from her closest human friend, Yoobin. 

 

Hey, Yoohyeon, are you feeling any better? Yoohyeon reads. She quickly texts back with her reply. 

 

Yes! Thanks for checking up on me. Yoohyeon replies. Very soon after, her phone vibrates yet again  

 

It wasn’t the same without you there. Want to come with us to do some daytime vampire hunting? We feel bad that you got to miss out on it all. Yoohyeon reads. 

 

I’d love to, but you really don’t have to. I bet all three of you are tired after being up all last night. Yoohyeon replies to her friend. Yoobin replies very quickly. 

 

No, we insist. We can just drink something caffeinated and we will be fine. By the way, do you want to meet up at a restaurant for breakfast? Yoobin replies to Yoohyeon. 

 

Okay, if you say so. But, if you three seem too tired then we won’t go. I’d love to meet up for breakfast either way though. I feel bad for not being able to come last night. Yoohyeon replies. Her phone vibrates very quickly after. 

 

Okay. Don’t feel bad about not being able to come with us. You weren’t feeling well, so it’s good that you stayed home and slept well. Meet up at 8 at the café beside your apartment building? Yoobin responds. 

 

Sounds good! See you then! Yoohyeon replies and then puts her phone down beside her on the bed. 

 

Yoohyeon has struggled with being half-blood all of her life. Her father is a vampire while her mother was human. She grew up with vampires until she turned eighteen, so she is much closer with her vampire side than her human side. However, she was bullied as a child for being half-blood. On top of that, her mother was killed by none other than a vampire. The good thing is, she had amazing friends who were always there by her side during those tough times. They are still very close today and they support Yoohyeon no matter what, they even know that she joined the vampire hunter organization. She originally did not want to join the organization since it would be betraying her own kind, but she saw it as an opportunity to get closer with her human friends. She also saw it as an opportunity to spy on the originization and report her findings to vampires. Her vampire friends are named Minji, Bora, and Siyeon. They have all been very close since young childhood. Their bond is seemingly unbreakable. On top of that, she is also close with her human friends, but she does not think she can trust them with her secret just yet. Yoohyeon lets out a sigh and gets up off of her bed, deciding to get ready to go vampire hunting with her human friends.