A Very Short Prologue

In My Blood

A small group of three vampire hunters walks together through a dark and misty forest, searching for any signs of vampires. It is not very long past midnight. The three humans are very silent and alert, knowing that a vampire could possibly ambush them at any moment. They each carry a flashlight in their hands, as well as silver weapons and silver handcuffs connected to belts around their waists. These vampire hunters are a part of an organization in their city.

 

Vampires have become a major issue as they have been killing more and more innocent people recently. The organization’s job is to capture and kill vampires in order to protect the city’s citizens. Each hunting group usually has four people in them, but this one only has three. 

 

“Yoobin, where’s Yoohyeon tonight? She should be here with us.” One of the humans asks another. 

 

“She told me earlier that she would not be able to make it since she is sick.” The other human replies, staying aware of her surroundings as she speaks. 

 

Then, the three vampire hunters hear a snap noise from very nearby. That’s when they realized that they were no longer alone in this forest. One of them flashes her flashlight in the direction of the sound. That’s when they saw it. It’s a vampire. The group’s first vampire spotting. The young women are instantly filled with panic. Each of them quickly and shakily take out their silver weapon while one of them grabs her silver handcuffs, ready to not go down without a fight.