Prelude I: Seulgi

Lost and Found

Prelude:

Seulgi.

The weather was what could only be described as sweltering as Seulgi and the rest of her Red Velvet members stepped down from the van and onto the concrete sidewalk in front of the Taipei airport. The girls had just got done performing hours earlier and Seulgi could still feel the rush of performing on stage fill her up with a sense of exhilaration and excitement as she hopped on her two feet, her hands clasping together happily as she noticed fans carrying Red Velvet signs. Performing in general always gave her a rush; but seeing fans in other countries love Red Velvet and their music, even if they couldn’t understand the words, always made her extra giddy.  Wendy, beside her, smiled at her friend’s energy and patted her arm as the girls headed into the airport. The girls were tired; they had a busy schedule all year long but the summer months always seemed extra busy with comeback preparations, special stages, and concert practices, but they put on bright smiles for their fans as they entered the airport. The girls quickly shuffled through the airport, bags and suitcases being carried by their managers, gifts being given to them from the outreached hands of fans, as they made their way down the long halls to where the airport staff would check their passports and ID’s before boarding the plane. The girls got in line, fanning their faces with their passports as they waited for it to be there turn.

“Well it can’t get much hotter can it?” Yeri muttered beside Seulgi as the girls waited in line.

“Never say never,” Joy said from behind Seulgi.

“I’m glad that it’s not raining,” Seulgi commented, smiling as someone shouted Kang Seulgi saranghae from within the crowd of fans watching the girls from afar. The girls checked in with the airport staff; their managers handing over their suitcases, and they made their way to the airplane terminal that would take them back to South Korea.

They made it to the terminal waiting area, and the girls sat down on the plush black chairs facing the terminal entrance. Fans of all different group; Red Velvet, Mamamoo, Ikon, VIXX, BTS, and Seventeen, milled around as the artists sat around in the chairs, eyes focused on their phones or chatting with their fellow members. Red Velvet were the last to arrive and as they took a seat, they could feel eyes on them.

“Mingyu can’t stop staring at you,” Yeri teased Irene playfully as she poked her in the side. Irene rolled her eyes.

“Look it’s Jungkook,” she whispered back in a retort. Yeri’s face got red as she blushed and Seulgi chuckled softly beside her.

It was known throughout the group of friends that Yeri had a crush on Jungkook, but was trying to be just friends with him. The two groups, BTS and Red Velvet, had mutual respect of each other and maintained a camaraderie of sorts. Wendy and J-hope were friends, alongside Yeri and Jungkook, and both groups were quite amicable with each other in private.

“Look, it’s your fanboy watching you,” Yeri said, pointing discretely to where IKON were sitting.

Seulgi flickered her eyes over to the group of boys and watched a pair of warm brown eyes, focused on her face, quickly shift in another direction.

Seulgi kind of already knew that the leader of IKON, Kim Hanbin, had a crush on her. The members of IKON and the members of Winner kept no secrets with each other, and apparently both groups knew that Hanbin has liked Seulgi for years. It was apparently a topic of main conversation whenever the two groups got together, from her informant.

Seunghoon, Winner’s main dancer and main informant had no problem spilling about Hanbin’s crush on her to her while they were filming Law of the Jungle.

Seulgi didn’t know how to process the information.

Seulgi loved chance encounters, meeting someone for the first time and falling in love with them; fate, and never thought she could find that while being a member of Red Velvet. She had been a trainee for seven years, and had her life closely monitored, closely inspected, by her company in all aspects of her life. She was told during trainee life not to date, and then as a member of Red Velvet that if she were to date, she should never be caught, and she couldn’t imagine herself secretly hiding a relationship.

No, if she was going to fall in love with someone it was going to be romantic and real and not something she had to hide behind closed doors.

So yeah, she thought that Hanbin was an okay guy, and kind of cute, and his smile was pretty nice, but she was not going to date him. Because dating as a K-pop idol, ultimately, only ended up in heartbreak.

 

---

authors note: Hello and welcome to my new story! I haven't posted a new story or written a story in years tbh, but this urge to write a Hanbin/Seulgi fanfic has been in the back of my head for months and I finally have some free time so here it is! I've always wanted to write a deserted island story with idols being stuck on an island with each other and forced to co-habitat and survive alongside each other. After Hanbin said his favorite Red Velvet member was Seulgi I could just picture him having a secret crush on her for years and I just had to write about that! Thanks for reading my story and please feel free to leave a comment if you wish! ~~~