Waste

Give me your Hand

If awkwardness could kill, Jeongyeon would be at least 6 feet beneath the ground. Accompanied to solve math problems was harsh enough but dealing with Momo presence emitted too many mixed emotions to count. It wasn’t like they didn’t talk, Momo regularly explained to the latter and would sometimes prove her professionalism in handling Jeongyeons unmotivated attitude to learning. Though, she picked up quickly to what was instructed. It wasn’t that the blonde isn't smart, she simply never thought it mattered.

 

What felt like hours of redoing and rechecking liner functions clustered her mind to the point of frustration. The back of her pencil tapped harshly on the paper, her face scrunched in impatiens to complete what was left.

 

“Do you want me to explain again?” Momo, who sat opposite of the latter, questioned

 

“No, but can we just go home now.” She groaned in defeat

 

“I don’t know if we can, Ms. Park didn’t really tell us how long we can stay” Her eyes fixated on the incomplete math questions, “Also finish your work” Momo’s hand crept close to the paper to reposition, facing Jeongyeon

 

“You don’t have to be a such a nerd for Ms. Park you know.”

 

“Correction, a rich nerd”

 

She chuckled at her own remark. ‘What a dork.’ Somehow that action softened Jeongyeons scrunched face. That laugh, so genuine even though it was done to taunt the latter. A smile coated the blonde face,  she didn't realize her action until Momo laugh abruptly stopped

 

“What are you smiling about?” The teasing in her voice perked in confidence

 

“Have I told ever you about your laugh” Her cheeky smile held its place

 

“No why?”

 

“It’s cute”

 

'It's cute? What the hell was she saying? Did the hangover not wear off yet?’

 

Momos cheeks tinted a rosy pink, vibrant enough for the heat to rush through yet soft enough for Jeongyeon to barely notice. She shifted her body weight, sinking her hands in her backpack to calm them from shaking.

 

“Yaa, stop saying such stupid things like that!” She blurted in a hushed tone. Momo looked everywhere in Jeongyeon’s direction but her eyes. That piercing gaze. As if she was drilling holes in Momos mind. Trying to figure out every detail that rested on her face, it was intense yet enticing. She hadn’t seen the latter so up close before. She was beautiful, maybe that was an understatement.

 

Her thoughts were quickly abrupted with Momo’s interrupting. ‘She can be so beautiful yet so annoying,’

 

“Ahem, well, let’s just wrap this up. We anyhow finished the basics today so there's no reason to stay.” The bag, which relaxed on her lap, was now placed to coat her back. Jeongyeon hummed, she too needed a breather before her frustration got the best of her.

 

Momo remained stiff. Her eyes took quick glances at Jeongyeon, muttering small whispers under her breath. The latter sighed for the nth time that day.

 

“What?” Her brows furrowed

 

“Eh?” The light whispers lingered. Her expression was more confused than Jeongyeons.

 

“What do you mean eh, didn’t you wanna leave so why are you muttering so much?”

 

“I” Her voice choked, “I’m sorry about what I did the other day.” Her cheeks again rushed with heat, she was too embarrassed at her own behaviour.

 

“Did you just say sorry to me?” Jeongyeon's eye widened in an inhuman manner. “You ok there?”

 

“Well, I honestly don’t know what happened to you that day but I shouldn’t have said what I said. It’s not who I am—I mean, even if you're the worst person I’ve ever met.”

 

Jeongyeon tongue clicked the top of , “Saying sorry to me while still calling me the worst person you’ve met, I’ve got to say Momo, I’m impressed.” Her amused smile relaxed Momo's tenseness to the embarrassing situation.

 

“Don’t flatter yourself too much Jeong. You shouldn't get used to this.”  

 

“Oh no I won’t, how dare I” her hands sarcastically raised in defence

 

Momo punched her shoulder playfully before proceeding to the classroom’s exit. Her steps stop to look back at Jeongyeon one last time.

 

“Don’t make me regret this Yoo Jeongyeon.”

 

“I already do Hirai Momo.” She smiled softly at Jeongyeon reply. Their gaze at one another stayed. It was intoxicating. Jeongyeon deep eyes compelled years of scarred memories, like a fragile girl who could break in the softest touch. Though she refused to break. Instead, using a glint of righteousness to contain herself. It was addicting how she could hold so much power in just a glare. The feeling overwhelmed her all too suddenly.

 

Grasping back at reality, Momo signed in disbelief

 

“Remember to finish your homework” She retorted, crossing her arms

 

Jeongyeon scoff was the last thing heard as she took quick steps to leave. She obediently waited outside for her chauffeur to arrive, placing herself on the nearby school bench. Her legs swaggered back and forth and her palms were seemingly rubbing each other.

 

“Where is he?” She decided to finished reminiscing work while waiting.

 

Momo sighs to herself, rubbing her tired eyes. Looking at her phone placed beside, she realized she’s been studying for an hour now with yet no sign of her driver. She leans back into the bench, stretching her arms from sours. Momo’s focus quickly diverted to see one of the last few people in the school currently sitting on a motorcycle.

 

She quickly realized who the figure was. Her eyes placed back to the textbook in front of her yet her focus was elsewhere. She thought how Jeongyeon is irresponsible and would probably fall off her bike in any given chance. The idea made her giggle.

 

“What are you laughing about?” She cursed under her breath. Jeongyeon approached the latter on the bench, turning her engines off.

 

“Something reminded me of someone.” It wasn’t a complete lie

 

“Where’s the Audi you go in?” She questioned again

 

“Late. I’m guessing there's traffic.” Momo nonchalantly placed her books back in her bag.

 

“Did you even call him?” A sudden shock of realization kept Momo silent. Her eye widened, pressing her lips firmly together.

 

Jeongyeon couldn’t help but shake her head in annoyance. Letting out a groan, she gave Momo yet another piercing gaze. How does Ms. Park like her so much is something she couldn’t fathom.

 

“It’s gonna get dark and cold so better call fast”

 

“Are you worried” Her phone still placed beside her

 

Tsk—no it would be too much work seeing another dead body around here.”

 

“Anoth—”

 

“Oh shut up and just get on,” Jeongyeon said, annoyed. She rolled her eyes at Momo, who looked reluctant to ride with her.

 

“You want me to get on that?” She pointed at the awfully shiny black scrambler bike. Guessing Jeongyeon cleaned it frequently at how well maintained it looked.

 

“Don’t worry it won’t bite.” She roared the engines, intimidate the latter further.

 

Momo slowly made her way beside the bike until she could feel the smooth interior the bike marked. Unable to jump on, due to her custom design Jimmy Choo heels, Jeongyeon supported the latter's arm. Both shocked at Jeongyeon gesture, she swiftly moved her hand back towards the handle. When finally settled, Momo gently rested her arms awkwardly on Jeongyeon shoulders, making sure it barely touches.

 

“if you fall when I go fast don’t blame me.” Jeongyeon snorted. Momo kept silent, she slipped her arms around the latter's neck firmly.

 

“Arghhh—NOT MY NECK YOU IDIOT, just put your hands on my waist.” She forcibly directed Momo small hands to wrap around her waist. Momo tugged slightly at the abrupt touch, maintaining composure on Jeongyeons back.

 

“Your house right?” Jeongyeon positioned her rear view mirror. She slightly looks past her shoulder for confirmation.

 

“Yeah” Her words came as a hush, “Just don’t kill me please.”

 

The latter smirked at Momo’s anxiety. She thought how cute Momo looked when her nervousness perked.

 

The ride remained silent. Jeongyeon mostly stayed cautious enough to remain at a steady pace. Her previous experience with Momo high pitch screams was too dreadful to hear again. When the streets were cleared with less to no cars, Jeongyeon adrenaline rushed excitingly, sometimes speeding beyond the limit. Momo grip around the latter's leather jacket tightened, closing, the already small distance, between the two.

 

“STOOOP GOING SO FAST, we already talked about this” Momo voice trembled under her breath. Jeongyeon cautiously turned enough to give Momo her signature cheeky smile.

 

Momo mansion was quite distant from the natural city life. It remained on top of a miniature mountain, showing off the fascinating lights that sparkled in the night. The mansion itself was massive with modern features, standing out with its perfections.

 

“Alrighty, we’re here.”

 

Momo kept mum since she was once again to baffled and tired to think about anything around her. She kept her head latched on Jeongyeons back, eyes shut forcibly.

 

“Don’t lie to me I swear Jeong.”

 

Jeongyeon landed her eyes on raven-haired women and snorted before smirking, “Just get off before I start speeding again.”

 

“Don’t you dare.” Momo spat in annoyance. She carefully jumped off, instantly missing the warmth of the latter.

 

She walked to the front gate trailing to the massive garden that rested on the outskirts of her mansion. Turning back, she gave a questionable look to the other on the bike.

 

“Hey Jeongyeon”

 

“Yeah what?”

 

“How’d you know I lived here?” She questioned, inserting her fingerprint in the security system.

 

Jeongyeon shockingly laughed to Momo’s surprise. Leaning her arms against the handle.

 

“Well, heh, funny story honestly. Actually, when we were in younger I followed you home once to egg your house.”

 

“Ohh—OH WAIT WHAT?!”

 

The blonde howling laughter was prominent in the silent air, almost losing her balance in the process. She choked in her words to reply to Momo's annoyed expression.

 

Momo instead continued, “What the Jeong, you’re the one who did that, my dad told me they were raccoons.” Her voice trailing softer in the end.

 

Jeongyeon paused, clearing . “Raccoons? Seriously? You being one of the smartest students in our school is shocking.” She teased

 

“I was young give me a break.” The gate unlocks, allowing Momo to enter the premises. She continued before smirking.

 

“Don’t egg my house again you druggy.”

 

“Don’t test me peach.” Jeongyeon snarled

 

Momo giggled before leaving Jeongyeon alone with the night. And just like that, Friday had passed by quickly to Jeongyeons surprise. Momo, who she considered a waste of time, shockingly was good company. She imagined how Ms. Park would have cried of joy if she heard this. Perhaps even worse.

 

The trip back was unusually lonely. The warm feeling of Momo pressing against her back was something she attempted to dismiss. Yet, it still crept through her mind now and then.

 

Stopping by her usual convenience store, the instant desperation for a pack of cigarette clouded her mind. Before she could enter, the abrupt feeling of a something cold latched to the side of her head.

 

“Don’t move”

 

Typically, Jeongyeon would panic at a gun pointing at her but it occurred too often for her count. She instead groaned at the thought of not getting her stress reliever anytime soon.

 

“What do you want now?”

 

“Why do you even ask anymore” the well-suited man with slick blonde hair that composed an intense face replied.

 

“Because she already knows my answer” Jeongyeon didn’t hesitate to look at the man, making the gun aim straight to the center of her forehead. “I’m also very tired to deal with her right now.” She continued.

 

“You don’t have a choice and you know that.” His poker face was unreadable. Jeongyeon flinched as he grabbed her arm tightly with his free hand. “Let’s go”

 

Her tongue clicked the surface of , “in waste of my time.” She cursed under her breath.

 

Her sister was the last person she wanted to see right now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aaaaaaaannnnnnd that's it for this week ;) Hope y'all enjoy the story going on so far because idk why I sometimes like to judge myself too much. ANYWAY, I've finished my exams and now my next semester is starting so I'm feeling kinda nervous since I have French TT.

 

Thank you all for enjoying and supported this fanfic because I enjoy making it myself <333