Temper

Give me your Hand

Distinct noises of spray cans and giggles could be heard from the sides of the subway tunnels

“Guys—guys, ok but seriously though, can’t we just like not go to school tomorrow or what?”

Jeongyeon didn’t bother looking at her small friend while trying to restrain a sigh, she instead directed her attention on the strangely looking artwork she was creating on the wall. It was their same routine every night. Either they would damage the uncovered tunnels with who knows what or they’ll go on their mid-night excursion downing an excessive amount of liquor. 

Her and three equally intoxicated high school girls were seemingly living their summer out to the very end. Even if the first day of school starts in 7 hours.

Without a blink of sleep, the girls snickered while attempting to comfort each other from reality. 

“Not gonna lie but I kinda wanna skip too but my mom’s up my again so, hah, I highly doubt it Chae.” This time it was a raven-haired girl who replied in a rather snarky gesture. 

Dahyun, who at the time was shaking her spray can uncontrollably stopped.

“Your mom is always up your though”

The repeat of giggles lotteried the darkness. Jeongyeon didn’t admit it much, her cold nature normally always in the way, but she preferably appreciated the comfort of her childhood friends. They all drank their past away giving two-s on the world. It’s like when they're together, they're unstoppable. However, she rather keep that to herself.

“Ok s, as much as I wanna kill my time with you losers I got to sober up for hell tomorrow.”

In one swift movement, the girl had gotten up, proceeding towards the subway station. Without turning her head, Jeongyeon waved goodbye to the three standing.

Chaeyoung, Nayeon and Dahyun all shared their own snarky comments to the dirty-blonde before packing their own items to leave shortly.

“Senior year here I ing come” Jeongyeon sighed to herself. She speedily made her route through the corrupt streets she called her neighbourhood. Especially at late nights like these were dangerous. Knowing better, she preferred not to risk it. At least not today. Taking long strides, hands in her leather jacket, she contemplated to make a quick stop at the convenience store. A massive headache was rushing to her head. 

God, did she need to refill. 

Advancing her way to the dainty, lightly dimmed convenience store. ‘Grab N Go.' She bought a pack of cigarettes to calm her nerves before making her way home

Her studio apartment was slightly darker than usual. Maybe it was the 1:00 AM night or maybe because of her mood. Maybe both. Crashing on her couch, she opened the small pack and lit herself a puff. 

Instantly relaxing. Her shoulders fell softly. 

The sound of droplets tapped her window. Gradually, the noise became constant until all she could hear was the pouring rain. 

She laid her head in a resting position while expanding her arms on each side of the couch. 

The sight was rather depressing but to Jeongyeon it was comforting. Living alone for so long started appearing normal. Normal in a way that she can think to herself peacefully. 

It wasn't always like this to begin with. Her mother had perished because of blood loss before Jeongyeons first baby steps and her dad, well he was a drunk following his wife’s death which led to him driving right off a bridge leaving 10-year-old Jeongyeon all alone with her older sister, Seongyeon, who at the time was 18. However, luck wasn’t on her side yet again as her sister abandoned her only a few months after the car accident. Man, people truly sometimes. And especially for the Yoo’s families curse. Either they were dead or they hated her guts. 

She scoffs softly at the thought. 

‘In the end, she had to earn her own living’

Her eyes slowly felt heavy. Taking one last long drag she called it night. Springing of her couch, she slowly dragged herself to her room. 

‘Great, 3 hours of sleep here I come’

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 7:00AM

“Good ing morning” Jeongyeon leaned her arms towards the school gate. She looked physically exhausted from sprinting breathlessly but she still managed a small chuckled under her breath. Her alarm just had to not go off today didn’t it. 

The three who witnessed the early morning mess each gave a soft yet mocking laugh

“And good morning to you too sleeping beauty.” Nayeon delivered her promising ear to ear smile, wrapping her arms around Jeongyeons neck in a nonchalant manner.

“I thought you learned how to control your hangover but I’m guessing not.” Chae teased. Being the youngest she had the quirks of Satan. 

“Ha ha very funny,” shoving the latter softly, “Can we go in now or are you comedians not finished?” 

The girls entered the garden trailing towards the school. Their steps intended purpose. Each shouted to not be messed with. They weren’t exactly known as excellent students. To say the least, they weren’t even known as good either. Being from a school full of bratty spoiled rich kids who wipe their asses with money used to rage Jeongyeons nerves. 

‘They would never understand even a pinch of pain’ 

The girls laughed while discussing yet another midnight excursion. Jeongyeon, who at the moment was walking backwards to propose her intimate ideas felt a forced pushed, knocking her onto Dahyun. 

Jeongyeon spun her head fast, almost snapping her neck at the process, to look at the most stupidest person with some almighty guts. The one person that made her head rush with anger.

'Momo'

There stood three girls, gazing their eyes at those who stood beside the dirty blonde. Momo, instead, stared straight towards Jeongyeon. As if she was going to drill a hole with those eyes. Her face was hardened with a hint of disgust peeking through her eyes. 

‘I swear if I can just—-’

Jeongyeon thoughts were interrupted as the bangs with black hair uttered

“You actually came to school today” Momo huffed, “Didn’t think you had it in you” she paused “Or anything at all to be honest.” 

The air was thin with tension. Each side looking at each other with pure rage.  Momo stood with her Japanese friends that pinned each side of her. Sana was the more bubbly one. Continuously cheering people up and working her hardest to be cute. It was disgusting. And then there's Mina. A bookworm who understood when to keep quiet in certain situations. Still disgusting. They were all disgusting in Jeongyeons mind and seeing them was just making her temper worse. She refrained herself. 

“You know you're right for once Momo.” Jeongyeon exclaimed sarcastically, “I really don’t know anything especially when it comes to school…” a smirk plastered her face “Except I do know how to show a man a rough night, oh, by the way, tell your dad I had fun.” Winking at the latter Jeongyeon jostled her way to the school entrance, her friends following behind her trying to hold their waves of laughter. 

‘Not a bad way to start school’

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

7:20AM

Slowing strolling within the hallways, the catchy ringing of the bell started students to panic around her. Her strides were slow with little to no enthusiasm to get to her first period. Functions.

Was it too late to skip? Maybe. Maybe not. 

She crept her way in, making soft steps into the classroom. It wasn’t shocking to see the young and might I say, beautiful teachers expression to the late student. 

“The first day and you're already late, Jeongyeon. It’s like you're just wanting detention so bad.” The teacher exclaimed sarcastically. 

Ms. Park Jihyo. Great.


“Nah, I’m good Ms. Park and if you think about it I’m only…” flicking her wrist, proceeding to check her watch, “6 minutes late, not bad.” 

Jihyo gave her a stern look. She placed her round glasses underneath on the table and look back towards Jeongyeon.

“Every minute for me is 10 minutes meaning you will be spending 60 minutes after school thinking about how you will get on time every day.” A small smile pressed her round face. “Understood?”

Jeongyeon scowled under her breath

“Yeah yeah” 

She turned her weight to find a seat. Somewhere that doesn’t scream ‘I wanna talk to you’ 

Jeongyeon scanned the room, seeing her classmates trying their absolute hardest to not stare at her piercing gaze. Just the way she liked it. Her thoughts were yet again interrupted by the obnoxious who sat at the back corner. The room suddenly felt suffocating.

‘Oh god just kill me now why don’t you?’ 

The only seat left was beside the black haired girl. She was known as the angel of her school. With her good looks and soft personality that drove both men and women wild. Plus, the fact that her family were multi-billionaire was another quirk she had. Jeongyeon always despised her since childhood because of how perfect life went for her. Despised was more of an understatement. Momo was much worse. 

Jeongyeon casually advanced her way to the seat beside her. Cursing words under her breath to calm her blood from boiling. Yet it still did. 

Momo, who hands were holding up her head smirked at Jeongyeons awkwardness

“You look scared Jeong. Don’t worry I won’t bite.” 

She talked in whispers but it felt as if she was screaming straight into Jeongyeon ears

the latter snarled, giving a sharp glare directly to Momo. But to her inconvenience, it only boosted her self-esteem.

The class proceeded on with side glares and unwelcoming comments from the two. Their whispers soon become silent tension as one tried to focus while the other slumped back, trying to catch on sleep. 

The day was too slow for Jeongyeons liking. Her teachers' lectures were only getting longer towards the end and aside from that, she had to look forward to another hour of uselessness. Her mood was reaching its peak.

‘God I need a cigarette’