Chapter 3

High School Sweethearts... With A Bite || DISCONTINUED

The time has come to make our way to our next class as lunch ends. Lots of people make their way through the hallway again and some students even glare at me. They still don't like it that a vampire prince like me walks around on school, because they are waiting for the first victim to end up dead. But I'm here to get that damn diploma and not to make victims.

''Don't let the smell of blood increase your desire again, because you drank from me already.'' Hongbin warns me and I nod. I'm hungry all the time, but I have my ways of keeping myself under control.

''No Hongbin, I already drank from you. Maybe in the next break, I might drink something again.'' I tell him and Hongbin nods.

The two of us make our way through the hallway and I hear some guys laugh at the same time that I hear someone scream. Those screams sounds like they are coming from Hakyeon, but I don't want it to be true. Not that I wanna protect him, but I can't stand it that someone is being bullied. And yet again, I cover my ears for the screams that come from Hakyeon.

''Wow Taekwoon, what's wrong?'' Hongbin asks and I sit down on my knees on the floor. Students that pass by, look at me but they walk on.

''I hear Hakyeon's painful screams again.'' I manage to get out of my mouth and I bite on my lip. As long as Hakyeon is being bullied, the more my ears are hurting.

''Make it stop, make it stop!'' I cry and I feel Hongbin's hands on my shoulders. 

''Get up Taekwoon, people are looking at you.'' Hongbin whispers and I shake my head. Once my ears start to hurt, I can't get up.

''I can't Hongbin, I can't.'' I whine and Hongbin still tries everything to pull me up from the floor, but Hongbin is having a hard time. Vampires like us are as heavy as humans, so Hongbin didn't have to expect that I would be lighter than him.

Hongbin keeps going and finally gets both of my feet on the floor again. Students still glare at me, but I can't help it. Hakyeon's scream are like a high pitched cry to my ears.

''Hakyeon's screams are so high pitched, it hurts my ears.'' I tell Hongbin and Hongbin sighs, before the two of us walk further.

The closer we get to Hakyeon, the higher his screams become. I still walk around with my ears covered and people notice, so they start to wonder why I walk around like that. But Hongbin explains to some that I can hear people talk or whisper from a far distance and that Hakyeon's painful screams are killing me.

Some students think that I'm overreacting, but they don't know how it's like to live as a vampire. They can live their life as they want to, but I must stay loyal to my dad. Because I can say goodbye to my title if I don't stay loyal to him.

Right at the moment that I close my eyes, I bump into someone and my eyes shoot up immediately. On the floor, is this person whose screams hurt my ears... Cha Hakyeon.

''I'm so sorry, but my ears got hurt by those screams of you.'' I tell him and I bow to apologize to him. Hakyeon gets up and everyone starts to talk about Hakyeon. They say things like why Hakyeon is talking to me now, as if he would be out of his mind. Oh come on, I bumped into him okay?

''It's okay, my prince. It should be me who is sorry, because I didn't know that a vampire has very sensitive ears. And I didn't even know that you were around.'' Hakyeon responds and manages to get up, before he bows.

The seconds that follow seem to pass by like hours. I don't understand why someone like Hakyeon is being bullied, besides the fact that he is an easy target to be manipulated by the bullies.

Hakyeon takes a step closer to me and I can see him bite his lip. I immediately know what this means, because I learned that from a servant. When a human bites his or her lip, that means that they like you.

''Taekwoon-ah, we should go. We're going to be late.'' Hongbin calls and I nod, but my eyes don't leave Hakyeon.

Hakyeon carefully wraps his arms around me and I can hear his heart beat. I'm used to hear a human heart beating, but Hakyeon's heart beat seems to calm me down a lot.

''Please protect me, my prince. I'm scared and I'm scared to be killed my by bullies. A-and... I-I like you.'' Hakyeon stutters and I can see Hongbin's eyes widen in the corner of my eye. 

I place my hand at the back of his head and I streak through his hair. Hakyeon really has to stand up for himself and I can't be there all the time to protect him.

''Hakyeon-ah, you should stand up for yourself. I can't be there all the time to protect you, my dad will punish me if I don't follow classes. You know about my title and you know how much I have to stay loyal to my dad.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods when he looks up as his eyes fill with tears.

''Yes, I know. But that doesn't take away that I like you, my prince. You're the only one who doesn't push me away when I try to find some protection, because everyone pushes me away. Please my prince, don't ignore what I'm telling you.'' Hakyeon begs and he burries his face in my chest as he is crying. I look over at Hongbin, who wants me to hurry up. But I can't leave my spot now.

''Hongbin, just go. Tell the teacher that someone passed out and that I am at the nurse right now to bring the student over there.'' I tell Hongbin and he sighs, before he nods and walks away. Then, I look down at Hakyeon and I sigh again. It actually hurts me to see him like this, or so I think I feel right now.

Right when Hakyeon gets his chance, he looks up at me and he starts to kiss me. I try to pull back, but I give in after a few seconds. It's like my mind shuts itself off and that I no longer can do what I tried to do.

The hallway is empty and only me and Hakyeon are in the hallway. I close my eyes as Hakyeon deepens the kiss. Honestly, it feels pretty pleasant.

Little did I know that this kiss was going to chance my life for good...