Chapter 1

High School Sweethearts... With A Bite || DISCONTINUED

As soon as I make my way inside the school, I already notice how quiet it is over here. It's 7:45 AM and not that many students are in the school already. I'm dressed in black and I wear sunglasses to protect my eyes. The school knows about me being a vampire prince and they have given me permission to wear sunglasses, something that my classmates don't like at all. They think that I paid the school to make sure that I can do everything I want, but my classmates now understand why I wear sunglasses. 

I streak through my pink hair and I make my way to my locker. I'm not only a vampire prince, but I'm at school also known as the Rainbow King. That nickname was given to me after I dyed my hair many times. Well, many times? Everytime a haircolor was about to disappear out of my hair, it didn't take long before I showed up with a new haircolor and I have dyed my hair in many colors. But after pink, I wanna dye it blonde again. Because everyone at school says that blonde looks the best on me, so I will dye it blonde again after the pink hairdye is about to disappear out of my hair.

I open my locker and I throw some stuff in my locker. Right at that moment, a group of boys enter the school and they are after another boy. Because they scold at him and I even hear the boy scream that they have to stop as soon as the boys hit him in the face. I don't know that boy well, but he is the least popular one at school. Everyone picks on him, even if they don't know him. I don't know what to think of this, but I'm not supposed to feel any emotions. I mean, I wanna help the young boy. But what if everyone hears about this and start to make me an unpopular kid too? I don't know. But hey, these boys can't do me any harm. And not just because I'm a vampire prince.

I'm also a lot older than they are and I have more knowledge than they have. So they can't do me any harm.

Out of the blue, a pair of arms are wrapped around my waist and they are clearly shaking. I look up and it's the boy who got bullied.

''He is begging the prince for help now. Yah Hakyeon, he won't help you out. He doesn't wanna be friends with someone like you.'' one of the bullies says and the others start to laugh.

I look at the boy and I place my cold hand on his shoulder, before I rub over it. The boys walk away while they laugh and the young boy looks up.

''Don't let them get you easily, you have to stand up for yourself.'' I tell him and Hakyeon nods when he is calmed down.

''I-I'm trying, my prince. B-But they show up everywhere I go, I can't be safe anywhere in the school.'' Hakyeon says and I sigh. He's got to be kidding me.

Once it's more crowded in the school, I'm making my way to the classroom of my first class. I hope that Hakyeon will use it whatever I told him, because he can't end up in the bullies' trap all the time. I don't know if I should believe it that he isn't safe anywhere in the school, but we'll see.

I walk through the hallways and I can feel everyone glaring at me. It's still surreal for them that a vampire prince is following classes at their school and some of them still don't want to believe that I'm a prince.

As soon as I arrive at the classroom, the teacher ,mr. Kim, bows and smiles. I bow aswell and I enter the classroom when he tells me I can enter. I have to ask for permission to enter, because I won't enter a room or whatsoever as soon as I'm not invited to come in.

I sit down at the back of the classroom, which is in the far corner on the right. And it doesn't take long before the other classmates slowly make their way inside. All of them bow as they see me and I bow back from my seat.

One classmate ,Hongbin, sits down next to me and smiles when he takes a seat. Something that I like about Hongbin, is the dimples he gets when he smiles. But that's everyone's favorite part about Hongbin.

''Good morning Hongbin.'' I tell him and Hongbin smiles again.

''Good morning, my prince. Good to see you again.'' Hongbin says and I faintly smile. Well, it's a fake one. Because I don't feel any emotion at all, so I have to put on a fake smile. But Hongbin knows about that. He is a good friend of mine and we talk regularly with each other. Hongbin isn't scared of vampires and he is also okay with it if I drink blood whenever he is having his own meal.

Lots of classmates talk and it's quite loud, so I flinch a bit.

''The class is a bit loud, aren't they?'' Hongbin asks and I nod, before I place a hand on my ear. I really don't like it if the class is quite noisy, but it doesn't help if I say something about it. Because they only listen to me for just a few seconds.

''They are, but they aren't going to stop if I say something about it.'' I tell Hongbin and he nods. He understands why I hate the class being so noisy, because he isn't a noisy one himself either. Hongbin isn't such a big talker like I am, but he isn't someone who rather wants to be in the background. He is trying hard to become more visible for our classmates.

''Alright, quiet everyone!'' mr. Kim says and it takes a few seconds before everyone keeps their mouth shut.

''Good morning everyone and it's good to see all of you again. As you know, you will have a test within a few weeks and I want all of you to be prepared for it. Some of you still struggle with the grammar and I want that all of you are going to practice some more for the test.'' mr. Kim says and lots of classmates start to groan, including Hongbin.

I don't like tests either and it's not that necessary for me, because I have to rule over a kingdom one day and I don't need everything that I learn here. But my parents still want me to follow classes... at a human school for God's sake. Ugh, I hate my parents so much.