Chapter 2

High School Sweethearts... With A Bite || DISCONTINUED

The first class went by pretty quick and after the bell rang, I collect my stuff and I leave the room together with Hongbin. Hongbin and I talk a lot about random things and Hongbin sometimes can't help, but ask how we handle certain things as we react differently to situations like what happened earlier with Hakyeon.

''Seriously, that kid should stand up for himself and he should get his together.'' Hongbin groans and I have to think of the young man who wrapped his arms around my waist out of the blue earlier this morning.

''That's what I told him aswell, he has to stand up for himself and he should show the bullies that they can't mess with him. But he is such an easy target for the bullies, that's kinda his own fault.'' I tell him and Hongbin agrees with me. Hakyeon is the least popular kid of our school and it's not because of his looks that he gets bullied, it's because of him having a lack of self-esteem and he doesn't stand up for himself.

In the distance ,Hongbin can't hear it, I hear Hakyeon scream and begging the bullies to let go of him, but the bullies laugh at him as they kick him pretty hard. Hongbin knows that I can hear these things from a far distance, but never asks me so much what I hear exactly. He just doesn't care too much.

I decide to ignore it, or at least I'm trying to. Because the closer we come nearby Hakyeon, the louder his screaming becomes and I groan as I place my hands on my ears. Hongbin looks at me and places a hand on my arm.

''Are you okay? You don't seem like you are.'' Hongbin says and I shake my head. I never could've imagine that humans could be this noisy, but Hongbin is one of those who understand this.

''Come on Taekwoon, we have to hurry then. Because I don't like it to see a friend suffer like this, even if he is a vampire.'' Hongbin says and drags me with him, away from Hakyeon and the bullies.

But not long after, someone screams in pain and I see blood on the floor in the hallway. Lots of teachers surrendered the young girl, but it's not helping me to keep my desire for blood under control. Because I start to breathe heavier and my eyes turn red behind my sunglasses.

''Taekwoon, slow down and don't look at the blood. Because people will hate you if you go to her and start to drink from her.'' Hongbin says and tries to pull at my arm, but I smash it away and I look into his direction.

''I can't Hongbin, I can't. As long as I smell and see blood, I'm hungry and I need to drink from it. If I don't drink to get myself under control, I will attack everyone until I find the perfect victim.'' I tell him and I start to breathe even heavier, making some students look scared at me.

''Alright, drink from me then. You have done that before right?'' Hongbin offers and I sink my fangs in Hongbin's neck a second later.

I pull back after minutes and it's because Hongbin gave me a bandage to apply in his neck, so I apply the bandage immediately.

''I hope you enjoyed your meal, Taekwoon.'' Hongbin says and faintly smiles. I nod and remove the left overs from my lips.

''I do, thanks. I'm glad that your blood could set my mind on yours instead of the girl's blood.'' I tell him and give Hongbin a short hug. I can see in the corner of my eyes that the students keep looking at me, but I ignore it. Everyone knows that I'm a vampire, so they shouldn't be scared for me if I drink blood from someone. And it's not that I wanna kill them, but It's just that I'm hungry.

''Alright, let's go to class then.'' Hongbin says, but I pull at his arm when he wants to walk away and Hongbin looks at me.

''We have a break remember?'' I  ask him and Hongbin giggles, before he hits himself.

''Oh, how stupid of me. Thanks for the reminder.'' Hongbin says and grabs my wrist, before he drags me with him to the canteen. People are looking at me as soon as we arrive in the canteen, but I ignore it.

When we sit down, my eyes scan the entire canteen and it surprises me that Hakyeon isn't in the canteen. Not that I never cared about him, but he is kinda chasing my mind ever since he wrapped his arms around my waist after some bullies were after him this morning. Hakyeon is cute, but he doesn't have a lot of self-esteem.

''Have you ever seen Hakyeon in here? I haven't if you ask me.'' I look at Hongbin and Hongbin responds by raising his shoulders.

''I haven't, but I don't care much. I mean, Hakyeon is everyone's favorite victim to be bullied. So I don't think he would be here. Why would you care though?'' Hongbin says and I glare at him. 

''I don't care about him Hongbin, I just wondered where he is at.'' I snarl a bit and Hongbin throws his hands in the air, immediately going in defense mode.

''Alright alright, my prince.'' Hongbin chuckles and I poke him in his side, resulting in making Hongbin laugh.

''No, stop pinky! You're going to tickle me to my death.'' Hongbin exclaims and I giggle when Hongbin tries to push me off him.

''Haha, nope. I won't stop, dimples.'' I tell him and Hongbin looks like he is about to die, due to not getting some air. That's when I let go of him and Hongbin gasps for air.

Hongbin starts to eat his meal and I get a bottle with blood out of my bag. I haven't had enough blood from Hongbin, so I have to drink out of the bottles I get with me  And even then, I don't have enough.

But I can't stop thinking about Hakyeon, because he has to stand up for himself and yet he is too scared to do that. I want to help him and I want to teach him how he has to stand up against those bullies. 

Maybe if I see him later when I walk to class, but it also could be that he is hiding himself somewhere. Maybe he doesn't want to show himself, because of those bullies. And is it what he said? Are those bullies everywhere? So that means that the group is a huge group.

I have to stop them, because Hakyeon won't make it if he keeps being bullied.