twenty one

dangerous

A shot rang throughout the night.

 

Eunbi saw blood, yes. It was there, trickling down her arm and onto the cracked pavement. There was a sharp pain on her left, but nothing she couldn’t handle. She did hate the sight of her own blood, though.

 

But besides that, she also saw her men pour out of the tunnels and into the fray, tackling all the gang members to the ground and handcuffing them securely. She saw the wide eyes of Chaewon’s father as he took in the scene before him--the eyes that flickered back to her as he made the decision to shoot the shot before anything else got in the way. 

 

She watched as Chaewon kicked her father’s arm and saved her life. 

 

The blood trickling down her arm? The little graze on her arm from where the bullet had nicked her? That was nothing.

 

Oh no, there was no way she’d go down like that. Not before she saw the rest of this story unfold.

 

This was it. Chaewon was ing crazy and her plan was insane and quite honestly there was such a small chance of it working. There were too many players, too many things that needed to be uncovered and manipulated. Chaewon herself was in a pile of . Had she doubted the whole thing? Had fears that her dad was the one manipulating everything? That Chaewon was also a pan in her father’s game, and this plan would end up with all of them dead?

 

Who knew?

 

This was crazy.

 

Good thing she was crazy too.

 

~~~

 

When Chaewon’s foot made contact with her father’s arm, she could never have imagined how satisfying it would be. She admits she was a bit upset; afterall, he had pointed a gun at Eunbi’s head. That was a bit upsetting. Also, it was quite pleasing to see the confusion written on his face, the rage.

 

It almost made her want to smile.

 

“What the !?”

 

There was chaos everywhere. All around them, uniformed men spilled out from the tunnels. The idiot that was her father never knew that they existed and just how far they reached. From all the time she spent there, she knew that armies of men could lie in wait if the occasion arose. 

 

(If she let herself get too carried away, she’d remember bringing Minjoo there and think about how she had shown her her most treasured spot. It makes her emotions get a bit tangled up so she tries to just focus on the task at hand.)

 

It all fit together perfectly. Wonyoung, Eunbi--they all did what they needed to do. She wishes she didn’t have to put them in such danger, but there was no way she trusted herself or anyone else around her. Sometimes, she felt herself slip a bit as she fought for the person she once was. 

 

For once, she really, truly knew that she couldn’t do this alone.

 

And look at that--I guess it worked she chuckled wryly in her mind. She’d have to thank them afterwards. After they all made it out alive and went back home.

 

She meets her father’s enraged eyes; the threat in them is clear.

 

After I take out this little --

 

Before she could take on her father, however, she saw Eunbi being held at gunpoint out of the corner of her eye. The damn coward had his gun trained at her head as she tried to help her partner fend off two others.

 

Evidently, she didn’t want any of her friends (if Eunbi could hear that, she’d poke fun at her for admitting that they’re friends) to die tonight, because instead of taking out her father, she ran for Eunbi. With one swift kick, she sent the attacker to the ground, clutching his side in pain. With one more well-aimed elbow to his face, he was out. Weak game--definitely wouldn’t have been able to take out Eunbi if her back wasn’t turned to him. Pathetic. 

 

“Thanks,” Eunbi grins. Chaewon nearly cracks a grin herself until she sees the smile slip from Eunbi’s face and slowly morph into horror and shock. 

 

When she turns around to see what she’s looking at, her face takes on the same look.

 

The rage inside of her flares up to uncontrollable levels, but beyond that, the fear really starts to set in.

 

Because when she swivels around and prepares for the worst, she really wasn’t prepared at all. 

 

Not when Minjoo’s terrified eyes stare back into her own, not when there’s a gun pointed to her head, and not when her father laughs crazily with his finger on the trigger.

 

“C-Chaewon…”

 

Minjoo.