04 | RUBY RED

midsummer madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HAECHAN PRESSED HIS face to the glass window. mark glanced at him and chuckled. "you realize the store attendants can see you, don't you?" he pushed his hands into his pockets. haechan turned his head, palms still pressed to the glass. "and?"

they stood in front of a jewelry store. haechan stared in and mark stared at him. he had suddenly stopped in the middle of their walk to get him on of those cute polaroid cameras only to peek in. it had been a few minutes and he'd stopped recording him. now, he was just worried the people in the store would think they were casing out the place for a later heist.

he sighed, shaking his head. "how long are you going to do this for?" he asked softly as haechan's gaze moves back to the store. "until i find the one." he simply replied. "and when you do? are you going to buy it?"

haechan looked up at mark like he'd grown a second head. "i'd have to give all my limbs to even get one earring here. of course not." haechan was back to staring at the stones of varying colors, shapes and sizes. "i'll just dream about it."

mark's right brow went up. he seemed to notice his expression, glancing at him/ "what? i'll just picture my life with it. what i'd wear it with. where i'd wear it to. kind of like audrey hepburn in breakfast at tiffany's." he smiled, sparkling eye back in the store. a small gasp left his lips as he pointed in. "i've found it! i've found the one!" haechan let out excitedly.

curious, mark looked in to where he was pointing. his eyes fell on a ruby teardrop necklace. it was perfectly laid on a blue velvet bed that seemed to bring out the beauty of the red stone glowing in the lighting the store provid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter